What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

I've taken to yoga recently. The Misses is big into it, I've never really been too interested (well, maybe...:azn:), but I have to say, it's actually a lot of fun. Good for you too. Apart from that I go for a daily jog with my dog. Too cold for most of my exercise activities. I like to kayak in the Rappahannock - can't do that when the river is frozen, bike ride and hike, like you, not too interested in big muscles. More toning.

Oh, and skiing, lots of skiing.

No more swimming for me though, snorkeling, I don't even go into my own pool!

Skiing is awesome man!!! There's a place I went to last year called the Poconos, its in Northeastern Pennsylvania. You have to take 76 W then up to 476 N, follow course and you'll be there before the intersection towards I-80 West. Beautiful area --- Poconos.

I do try to flex it about , do jogging at my nieghborhood , or go to the gym. Right now, a jog in the morning is great, but earlier with all the snow and black ice -- dangerous. Is it still cold over there in VA? I bet its about same weather as over here in southern NJ.

But yea, here's me right now. Not too buff, just toning my fat-*** more..lol

Last edited:
Skiing is awesome man!!! There's a place I went to last year called the Poconos, its in Northeastern Pennsylvania. You have to take 76 W then up to 476 N, follow course and you'll be there before the intersection towards I-80 West. Beautiful area --- Poconos.

I do try to flex it about , do jogging at my nieghborhood , or go to the gym. Right now, a jog in the morning is great, but earlier with all the snow and black ice -- dangerous. Is it still cold over there in VA? I bet its about same weather as over here in southern NJ.

But yea, here's me right now. Not too buff, just toning my fat-*** more..lol

View attachment 191161

Jogging for me is different. I'm used to the ice and snow, living in Utah will do that (it's winter for about 7 months!), but the cold messes with my lungs.

Is it cold in Virginia right now? It's been weird. Today was 50f, yesterday it was 20f and the day previous we got snowed on. I wouldn't even try to predict tomorrow.

You're not fat!!! You look toned already... not that I was looking:azn:.

:lol:

Jogging for me is different. I'm used to the ice and snow, living in Utah will do that (it's winter for about 7 months!), but the cold messes with my lungs.

Is it cold in Virginia right now? It's been weird. Today was 50f, yesterday it was 20f and the day previous we got snowed on. I wouldn't even try to predict tomorrow.

You're not fat!!! You look toned already... not that I was looking:azn:.

:lol:

Yea, before i started swimming, my thighs were not as big. Its just amazing how couple of months of swimming, you bulken up, legs i mean. My calves really got big. Yea, its about 45 degs here, too, buddy. Just can't wait till spring so i i can start jogging the trails again.

PS. You do mountain biking? I hear you guys have nice trails over there in VA. :)

I've taken to yoga recently. The Misses is big into it, I've never really been too interested (well, maybe...:azn:), but I have to say, it's actually a lot of fun. Good for you too. Apart from that I go for a daily jog with my dog. Too cold for most of my exercise activities. I like to kayak in the Rappahannock - can't do that when the river is frozen, bike ride and hike, like you, not too interested in big muscles. More toning.

Oh, and skiing, lots of skiing.

No more swimming for me though, snorkeling, I don't even go into my own pool!

Yoga ! o_O

That sounds so emasculating ! :argh:

Yoga is for women....men only lift weights ! :mad:

Yea, before i started swimming, my thighs were not as big. Its just amazing how couple of months of swimming, you bulken up, legs i mean. My calves really got big. Yea, its about 45 degs here, too, buddy. Just can't wait till spring so i i can start jogging the trails again.

PS. You do mountain biking? I hear you guys have nice trails over there in VA. :)

45? That's good. I wish it would be 50 year round. I love the cold. We really don't have too many mountains around here, I miss looking out my window and seeing the Wasatch, but we have plenty of trails. Heck, just riding on any major road is an adventure in of itself. Out West nearly every street has paved sidewalks. Here in Virginia, and the East in general, nothing is paved.

Lots of hills, lots of unpaved roads, lots of battlefields, the whole state is one big battlefield and Fredericksburg has a large number of historical spot, biking around those is great. Open spaces on some battlefields, forests in others, all huge trails. Very outdoors friendly state!

YOGA is good dude...you really work your body. PLUS, the view is to kill. LOL!

@SvenSvensonov ....... :devil::devil: LOL

@Armstrongs making fun of me again, eh? Yeah, I'm not the most manly of Vikings.

:devil::devil::devil:

Yoga may be feminine, but the view is great:enjoy:.

Do you think @SvenSvensonov would be the same guy after Mrs.Sven hears about 'the view being why he really does Yoga' ? :sarcastic:

Pfff, she points out nice "items" for me too look at:lol:. You don't think I'm the only playful one do you? Yoga was her idea, I was more interested in wrestling:partay:.

:angel: - or am I?

Exercise.

I play football (soccer) and I used to go to the gym though these days just push ups, pull ups and sprinting ! :)

Come to think of it when I was lifting weights I felt strong as hell but slow to respond and bulky but now I feel very nimble; I think when I move on to plyometrics I'd feel even lighter and yet strong !

Height: 5'11

Weight: 185lbs / 83kg

Regimen --- 15 minutes eliptical, then 20 minutes inclined treadmill. Then 30 minutes of swimming.

I'm just trying to burn fat and tone right now. Don't really want to gain too much muscle mass.

Try adding swimming to your regimen, at least a 40 minute swim once a week. You'll see results in 2-3 weeks.
sorry i can't swim , but i think Running is the best exercise offcourse variation is imp.

I suggest you to take some coffee before running it will help you in burning your fat faster ,i said this from my personal experience.

Aurora Jungle Juice. Pink in natural light.Prepared with gin/vodka, Rose’s Mojito Passion/pink lemonade and gin.

CBFzTTRVIAIGKQP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom