What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

men.jpg

How to flatten your stomach for life | MSN Arabia

@DESERT FIGHTER asi hai tere bhai ki body, teri tarhan nahi gol mol... :lol:

Yeah Cardio exercises are important... And so is important for taking care of hair and skin.
Drink 8 glasses of water everyday to stay hydrated! Eat vegetables, fruits and leafy greens!
And most people ignore this but, SUNSCREEN IS IMPORTANT!!! The Sun is the major cause of ageing and everyone needs to wear Sunscreen!! It protects us from harmful UV rays like UVA and UVB rays!

There is a difference between Sunblock and Sunscreen by the way. Sunscreen is chemical, while Sunblock is physical. Sunscreen absorbs the UV rays but Sunblock reflects them away. So that's why I use Sunblock because I think it is better!! And for Sunscreen you generally have to apply it 15-20 minutes before going out. So that's why I prefer Sunscreen!
Darnn it...you should rather have a nick Torquoise Queen!:eek:

Starting a new regimen this week. Doing a week long liquid cleanse. Gained like 10 lbs since my semester ended. :(

Study: Smelling farts is good for your health

The next time someone at your office lets out a "silent but deadly" emission, maybe you should thank them. A new study at the University of Exeter suggests that exposure to hydrogen sulfide — a.k.a. what your body produces as bacteria breaks down food, causing gas — could prevent mitochondria damage. Yep, the implication is what you're thinking: People are taking the research to mean that smelling farts could prevent disease and even cancer.

The study, published in the Medicinal Chemistry Communications journal, found that hydrogen sulfide gas in rotten eggs and flatulence could be a key factor in treating diseases.

"Although hydrogen sulfide gas is well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases," Dr. Mark Wood, a professor at the University of Exeter, said in a statement.

While hydrogen sulfide gas is harmful in large doses, the study suggests that "a whiff here and there has the power to reduce risks of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis, and dementia by preserving mitochondria," Time reports. Dr. Matt Whiteman, a University of Exeter professor who worked on the study, said in a statement that researchers are even replicating the natural gas in a new compound, AP39, to reap its health benefits.

--Meghan DeMaria

Study: Smelling farts is good for your health - The Week

Damn what the hell did I read?! :sick:

@Manticore @Emmie @S.U.R.B. @Slav Defence @halupridol @Skull and Bones @Armstrong (zaroor tunay fund kiya hoga) @Hyperion @Marshmallow @ZYXW @Informant @Aether @DESERT FIGHTER
@Leader @Jazzbot @WebMaster @batmannow @Luftwaffe

I know Allah nay har cheez mein hikmat dali hai and we have this repair system but that disgusting!

How did this doc even gain interest in studying lethal farts?! :sick:

People start sniffing ....its for your own good ...and I aint even joking! :rofl:

I am soo sweet quoting you guys for your health benefit :angel:

Last edited:
All lies to say respectively, my father in his late 50's was a very fit man, 2 hours of Jogging and exercises 4 days a week, desisted from eating potatoes, red meat, soft drinks like pepsi/coke, other food that are bad for health without alot of cholesterol and fats what happened every year his tests were super normal in the end he got Cancer and other complications there is absolutely no Cancer in our family for generations. I have done alot of research upon it i would live like @Armstrong lives eat and enjoy!

I have come to the conclusion eat well whatever you like to eat leave to Allah, when someone's time is up Death is going to strike anyways on the right time saying life will be prolonged is nothing but human mind what God has written can't be changed if some is to live 40 years 2 days that would be fulfilled you can't get 45 years by exercises.

@Akheilos what do you think...

Last edited:
All lies to say respectively, my father in his late 50's was a very fit man, 2 hours of Jogging and exercises 4 days a week, desisted from eating potatoes, red meat, soft drinks like pepsi/coke, other food that are bad for health without alot of cholesterol and fats what happened every year his tests were super normal in the end he got Cancer and other complications there is absolutely no Cancer in out family for generations. I have done alot of research upon it i would live like @Armstrong lives eat and enjoy!

I have come to the conclusion eat well whatever you like to eat leave to Allah, when someone's time is up Death is going to strike anyways on the right time saying life will be prolonged is nothing but human mind what God has written can't be changed if some is to live 40 years 2 days that would be fulfilled you can't get 45 years by exercises.

Sorry about your dad....
Well, so far scientists are only speculating what can cure cells and help combat cancer....however, in our body there is a micro environment (genetics + chemicals + failure of receptors + degrading of DNA and others) while outside is the macro environment (smoking + pollution) and then what we add on from our environment (unhealthy food + preservatives and additives in food and so on)

These are just some of the factors from over my head, there are plenty more...Allah always said do everything in moderation do not exceed or you will transgress...

As for prolonging life even I feel its a money making business just like studies on aging...we are not meant to live forever, a lesson Adam and Hawa learned the hard way but still their children do not heed hikmah! :)

All lies to say respectively, my father in his late 50's was a very fit man, 2 hours of Jogging and exercises 4 days a week, desisted from eating potatoes, red meat, soft drinks like pepsi/coke, other food that are bad for health without alot of cholesterol and fats what happened every year his tests were super normal in the end he got Cancer and other complications there is absolutely no Cancer in our family for generations. I have done alot of research upon it i would live like @Armstrong lives eat and enjoy!

Calling them lies is ignorant.

I am sorry for your loss but it does not prove anything wrong.

Your father was an exception. And as long as the exact reason cant be figured out, its useless to blame anything.

Eating and living healthy and staying active does significantly decrease the risks of diseases like cardio vascular diseases, cancer and mental ones as well like depression.
Countless research studies will confirm you this.
But environment, DNA and other factors do play a role as well..

And saying that you should eat well whatever you want is simply moronic. Not only from my personal and scientific viewpoint but also with regards to religion.

Why should someone waste the precious human body with its amazing capabilites which God gifted you by pouring tons of unnecessary and crappy food into yourself and sitting around all day long doing nothing with it?

PS: The post to which you replied has nothing to do with cancer anyways... I dont see anything wrong with it.

Calling them lies is ignorant.

Your opinion. I have done extensive research upon it Death is certain, if you are intelligent enough you would understand that I don't need to explain in detail about when I say eat/drink everything [good that could also be banned/non banned food from religious point of view included] I have not opened a classroom to teach you people always get the point.

The post to which I replied was its is all crap walking / running xyz minutes would prolong life and blah blah it won't it would temporary give you good energy level to your body tone your body your digestive system would be better and a list of other things but all temporarily the idea is to be in shape but death can't be avoided I have seen many healthy people die now don't come telling me they might have some disease not diagnosed.

Last edited:
Your opinion. I have done extensive research upon it Death is certain, if you are intelligent enough you would understand that

Where did I mention that you can live forever?

Obviously we all gonna die, but does that mean we should not take care of ourselves?

Shouldn`t we maintain what God has gifted us?
By that logic we would not be striving for new medicines, treatments, ways to improve our physical performance etc etc
Its in our human nature that we want to live!

What kind of research did you do? What was the opinion of the doctors? What was the cause of death?
There are so many things which have to be cleared before you can come up with such ridiculous statements, and giving no proper proof to support them does not make them appear more plausible.

Its in our nature that we want to live.

The post to which I replied was its is all crap walking / running xyz minutes would prolong life and blah blah it won't it would temporary give you good energy level to your body tone your body your digestive system would be better and a list of other things

Doing cardio vascular exercises do significantly help to reduce common diseases heart related issues, diabetes, psychological issues like depression etc etc etc....
Exercise and Cardiovascular Health

but all temporarily the idea is to be in shape but death can't be avoided I have seem many healthy people die now don't come telling me they might have some disease not diagnosed.

What do you mean with temporary`?

If you do it on temporary basis its effects will be temporary as well.... incorporate it into your life style and it can help you not only to decrease the risks of several diseases, but it can also contribute significantly to a more active and independent dotage

And nobody with a brain talks about preventing death, I still dont know how and why you came up with it.

Last edited:
@Koovie exercise may help but it is all temporary for the body to be in shape not permanent death is something that will strike at some point of life and on the exact time it might seem to people eating healthy and exercises have prolong their life but the reality is Not. Aside from the topic i hear people say he died young or it was not his time that's ignorant statements perhaps [minus atheist] God is never late.

@Koovie exercise may help but it is all temporary for the body to be in shape not permanent death is something that will strike at some point of life and on the exact time it might seem to people eating healthy and exercises have prolong their life but the reality is Not. Aside from the topic i hear people say he died young or it was not his time that's ignorant statements perhaps [minus atheist] God is never late.
You are repeating your previous points and start using a structure in your sentences

Back
Top Bottom