What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Do some High intensity cardio instead, you will lose fat and gain muscle at the same time and burn moer calories as well....

I say do cycling at 30 km per hour,at least 15 km.

U will loose the fat like anything plus ur hamstring muscles and calves will be huge.

Its not even boring and spares any undue pressure over knees

I say do cycling at 30 km per hour,at least 15 km.

U will loose the fat like anything plus ur hamstring muscles and calves will be huge.

Its not even boring and spares any undue pressure over knees
when it comes to fat burning and muscle gain HIIT is king, google it man, it is the ultimate when it comes to functional fitness, cycling has little to no carryover to real world fitness, by cycling for hours a person can get very good at cycling but dont expect him to break the 5 minute mile anytime soon.....

Do some High intensity cardio instead, you will lose fat and gain muscle at the same time and burn moer calories as well....
I once went from 83 to 75 in almost two weeks, and I wasnt even trying hard to lose anything, I just cut out the cold drinks, samosas, etc and continued my regular routine.....:woot:

Dude, if you I want my honest opinion I would like to tell you that counting each and every gram of protein etc is overrated, just eat a normal meal, put some emphasis on lean protein sources ie an egg or two for breakfast, some sort of daal/omlette/fish/chicken for lunch/dinner, cut down on the oil, dont drink any cold drinks or processed juices etc and you should get some decent results, but if you still want to get some more protein invest in some whey protein or something and drink with a glass of milk or something....
read my initial posts in this thread -- I am doing all this stuff since 2001

when it comes to fat burning and muscle gain HIIT is king, google it man, it is the ultimate when it comes to functional fitness, cycling has little to no carryover to real world fitness, by cycling for hours a person can get very good at cycling but dont expect him to break the 5 minute mile anytime soon.....

Dude what I am saying is applicable for a lifetime ofa person.

Hiit is not,cycling is.

The biggest problem is not many people are able to follow strict regimens for more than 6 months.

Thats why I advocate a lifestyle thats actually feasable for the average person

Dude what I am saying is applicable for a lifetime ofa person.

Hiit is not,cycling is.

The biggest problem is not many people are able to follow strict regimens for more than 6 months.

Thats why I advocate a lifestyle thats actually feasable for the average person
Yes you are right, older people are more suited to cycling brisk walking etc,

For cardio I use the elliptical trainer a lot. 3-4 times a week, 40-45 minutes each time. I am not a very good runner and tend to get shin splints if I run more than 10 minutes continuously. So I prefer the elliptical.

Yes you are right, older people are more suited to cycling brisk walking etc,
Cycling is one exercise that any person can do.

Infact it puts no pressure on knees which is the biggest problem in old age.

Nice try though:rolleyes:

But anyways I appreciate ur thorough inputs on this thread.i need to gain weight(lean only) without eating chicken or meat as I have familial cholesterolemia.

So what do u suggest?
Soyabean or egg white or simply whey protein(which I don't want as it gives a bloated appearence)

Cycling is one exercise that any person can do.

Infact it puts no pressure on knees which is the biggest problem in old age.

Nice try though:rolleyes:

But anyways I appreciate ur thorough inputs on this thread.i need to gain weight(lean only) without eating chicken or meat as I have familial cholesterolemia.

So what do u suggest?
Soyabean or egg white or simply whey protein(which I don't want as it gives a bloated appearence)
Yes, use non-animal sources of protein, such as daals etc, I would advise eggs/omlettes (there are more delicious egg dishes than you can imagine), I dont know what you call ''daals'' in Hindi, but daals like lobyas, mota chana etc are great lean protein sources, adding muscle weight is dependent on your training as much as food so research that as well....

Yes, use non-animal sources of protein, such as daals etc, I would advise eggs/omlettes (there are more delicious egg dishes than you can imagine), I dont know what you call ''daals'' in Hindi, but daals like lobyas, mota chana etc are great lean protein sources, adding muscle weight is dependent on your training as much as food so research that as well....

Haan yaar
Daal is daal:p

hey I just do daily walk 3-4 km and then one or two sprints or 1 km jogging whatever mode that I am in, and then I smoke 1-2 fags and go home. :D

Yeah Cardio exercises are important... And so is important for taking care of hair and skin.
Drink 8 glasses of water everyday to stay hydrated! Eat vegetables, fruits and leafy greens!
And most people ignore this but, SUNSCREEN IS IMPORTANT!!! The Sun is the major cause of ageing and everyone needs to wear Sunscreen!! It protects us from harmful UV rays like UVA and UVB rays!

There is a difference between Sunblock and Sunscreen by the way. Sunscreen is chemical, while Sunblock is physical. Sunscreen absorbs the UV rays but Sunblock reflects them away. So that's why I use Sunblock because I think it is better!! And for Sunscreen you generally have to apply it 15-20 minutes before going out. So that's why I prefer Sunscreen!

Back
Top Bottom