What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

I think that one misconception is that big bulky muscles = great health. ive seen some middle eastern men in Sydney who looks like they have overdone it with the weights and it looks painful to carry around such lumbering shoulders.
Too thin and too big intimidates the ladies, a lithe athletic build is preferable in my opinion.

Best health formula =

Sleep right
Eat a balanced diet.
Take walks, play with dogs, a little calisthenics.
No softdrinks
Smile and be cool.

Back in 2004 I was in the depths of depression and my weight rocketed to 82kgs (1.72m), I drank rediculous amounts of coffee and slept little. In the day time I couldnt stand the light outside and had to wear sunglasses. I was tired all the time and my temperament was aweful. Family problems piled up and work was unbearable. I then suffered from eczema from the stress.

Bad health has a snowball effect, trust me, I was there.

BTW, has any members here done Vipassana? Im signing on for 10 days in December and would like to know of your experiences.

I am a skinny guy..:(

Breakfast: Allu kay parathay, perferebly 4 parathy

Add some weight resistance training.

Morning snack: just eat anything you can get your hands on

Lunch: Chicken, some salad. take some juice. If you get bored with chicken then try lamb.

Evening snack: fresh fruit.

Dinner: Don't have to eat meat every meal. try some beans with chips.

Before going to bed: If you don't have access to protein supplement then drink a glass of banana milkshake.

Make sure you take a tablet of Cod liver oil every day.

Repeat every day. Exercise every 3-4 times a weak. make sure you give your muscles rest to heal. I can guarantee you will gain weight and not just fat but actual muscle mass if you train hard.

the most cost effective thing you can do other than your daily intake of food / vitamins EFAs or fish oil is carbs--- if you are skinny and want to bulk quickly via compound exercises

in pak, the purest form of carbs i.e dextrose is present in general stores as galaxoseD -- or the flavoured version is energile

5WBFenY.jpg

there are 3 general equations to calculate protein needs... I follow the middle one .. with 10gram extra proteins if delayed onset sores happen

suppose your lean body wt is 65kg , total body wt is 100kg and target wt is 90kg

protein requirement in grams based on the 4 different calculations would be

65gm, 100gm , 90gm [or 200 gms if you follow studies backed by supplement companies]

following the wt in above example, my intake would ve around 100-110 gms/day ... keep in mind i am on caloric deficit plan as i am cutting

suppose your lean body wt is 65kg , total body wt is 100kg and target wt is 90kg

65gm, 100gm , 90gm [or 200 gms if you follow studies backed by supplement companies]

following the above example, my intake would ve around 100-110 gms/day ... keep in mind i am on caloric deficit plan as i am cutting

How much cardiovascular exercise do you do? I mean how many times of the week and for how long? I have read that you have to do at least 30 + minutes cardio to burn the fat stored.

I have managed to drop my weight from around 96.50kg to 80kg. I hope to reach to 72kg soon Insha'Allah

Really glad to check new sizes of pants and shirts. From 38 to 34 fits comfortably.. From Extra large to Medium size shirts fits me well. I hope to go back to waist 32 or already satisfied wearing 34... but need to reduce more weight to get rid of extra meat on my body.

My original weight was always close to 72 and then it increased massively.. took me couple of months to bring it back to 80kg

How much cardiovascular exercise do you do? I mean how many times of the week and for how long? I have read that you have to do at least 30 + minutes cardio to burn the fat stored.
i am doing 40 minutes cardio 5 days a week -- burn roughly 500 cals

if you have taken 2 meals of the day, then liver glycogen stores would be high and you would have to do cardio for atleast 30 minutes before you tap into fat caells -- however glycogen levels are low in the moring as you havent eaten all night

i am an endo-mesomorph .. if you are an ectomorph you dont need that much cardio / carb restriction

In the diet, i have a 200 cal deficit based on TDEE Calculator
-- rest of the deficit is made up my cardio and wt training

ofcourse i use tri-flex / animal flex to save my joints

I dont do nor encourage starvation -- thats a very stupid thing to do unless you are getting married in a month

Breakfast: Allu kay parathay, perferebly 4 parathy

Add some weight resistance training.

Morning snack: just eat anything you can get your hands on

Lunch: Chicken, some salad. take some juice. If you get bored with chicken then try lamb.

Evening snack: fresh fruit.

Dinner: Don't have to eat meat every meal. try some beans with chips.

Before going to bed: If you don't have access to protein supplement then drink a glass of banana milkshake.

Make sure you take a tablet of Cod liver oil every day.

Repeat every day. Exercise every 3-4 times a weak. make sure you give your muscles rest to heal. I can guarantee you will gain weight and not just fat but actual muscle mass if you train hard.
Hmm.....
I'll give it a try.. :agree:

Hmm.....
I'll give it a try.. :agree:

Just try it a for about 4 months and compare your gains.

i am doing 40 minutes cardio 5 days a week -- burn roughly 500 cals

if you have taken 2 meals of the day, then liver glycogen stores would be high and you would have to do cardio for atleast 30 minutes before you tap into fat caells -- however glycogen levels are low in the moring as you havent eaten all night

i am an endo-mesomorph .. if you are an ectomorph you dont need that much cardio / carb restriction

In the diet, i have a 200 cal deficit based on TDEE Calculator
-- rest of the deficit is made up my cardio and wt training

ofcourse i use tri-flex / animal flex to save my joints

I dont do nor encourage starvation -- thats a very stupid thing to do unless you are getting married in a month

Thanks bhai. My progress in the gym has been very good so far. I am lifting heavier with in few months of restarting gym. The only problem for me is belly fat which is the most stubborn fat, its very hard to get rid of it. Although my waist was once 34 and has dropped to 30 but the fat is still there. very annoying.

I reduced my weight from 85 kg to 67 kg in 3 months flat.

1. I ate just one time full meal,preferably lunch.no chicken,no rice and no ghee/butter in vegetables

At dinner I had a bowl of sprouts or 2 slices of brown toast bread with 2 egg white only.

2.i rode a bicycle daily about 14 km at average speed of about 25 km per hour.

The way I took was very tough and not recommended for people whose will power is not strong enough:p
I once went from 83 to 75 in almost two weeks, and I wasnt even trying hard to lose anything, I just cut out the cold drinks, samosas, etc and continued my regular routine.....:woot:

following the wt in above example, my intake would ve around 100-110 gms/day ... keep in mind i am on caloric deficit plan as i am cutting
Dude, if you I want my honest opinion I would like to tell you that counting each and every gram of protein etc is overrated, just eat a normal meal, put some emphasis on lean protein sources ie an egg or two for breakfast, some sort of daal/omlette/fish/chicken for lunch/dinner, cut down on the oil, dont drink any cold drinks or processed juices etc and you should get some decent results, but if you still want to get some more protein invest in some whey protein or something and drink with a glass of milk or something....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom