What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

@Manticore @Emmie @faisal6309 true isnt it?:tongue:

10169375_741056469279924_6601103696850741827_n.jpg
If you focus more on the written words of a doctor on prescription, in real it says that "empty his wallet in the way you can".

If you focus more on the written words of a doctor on prescription, in real it says that "empty his wallet in the way you can".
lol i thought its written "All Doctors use to score 0 in English exam and hence the bad spellings and writing":tongue:

Try this basic but proven formula...

Take your current weight, whatever it is, and multiply by 10 (x10). This is the minimum your body needs to sustain, not support, all life functions.

For example, and this is the English system, if you weight 160 lbs, your body needs at least 1600 calories intake to support everything, from organs to muscle to fat. It does not mean if you take in 1500 calories, you will die. The human body can support basic life functions at much lower caloric intake than that. Famine victims will die for lack of water before lack of food.

However, because in daily life, even for desk/cubicle workers, we burn calories because of physical activities, so it is usually recommend a caloric intake of a certain X percentage higher, depending on said physical activities. Professional athletes can easily double the caloric intake over minimum, whatever his/her weight at that time, and barely gain any statistically significant weight.

The Average Calorie Intake by a Human Per Day Versus the Recommendation | Healthy Eating | SF Gate

So if you want to lose weight, but not increase muscle mass, then eat less, assuming you count calories as best you can. The safest rate is one lb/week. Your weight can fluctuate a couple lbs over 48 hrs, so you will need to monitor your weight over several weeks to notice any consistent rate of gain/loss. Once rate of loss is proven consistent, you can adjust for lower caloric intake to increase rate of loss. But the safest rate is still one lb/week. You will barely feel any hunger pangs and your body will not be 'shocked' into believing there is a food shortage and start making changes known in famine situations, like women will stop ovulating if the body believes there is a famine.

Muscle is heavier than fat, that is well known. So if you want to lose weight and gain muscle mass via physical stresses, aka weight training, then it gets trickier in terms of calorie counting. For the same 160 lbs man, if he decrease his caloric intake to 2000 calories, but double his physical activities, such as walking more at work and go to the gym after work, his body will not allow it. Since fat takes longer to process than glucose to produce energy, he will often have serious hunger pangs throughout the day so 2600 calories may not be enough.

Weight training should not be the primary mean to lose weight. Monitoring caloric intake is but weight training will complicate that monitoring process. That does not mean weight training is somehow 'bad'. Absolutely NOT bad. Physical stresses increases overall health and improves overall bodily functions. But if weight loss is a companion need to that overall health improvement, it just means the person will have to be more conscious and precise in monitoring his/her caloric and nutritional intake to lose weight without adversely affecting his/her weight training program.

I reduced my weight from 85 kg to 67 kg in 3 months flat.

1. I ate just one time full meal,preferably lunch.no chicken,no rice and no ghee/butter in vegetables

At dinner I had a bowl of sprouts or 2 slices of brown toast bread with 2 egg white only.

2.i rode a bicycle daily about 14 km at average speed of about 25 km per hour.

The way I took was very tough and not recommended for people whose will power is not strong enough:p

lol i thought its written "All Doctors use to score 0 in English exam and hence the bad spellings and writing":tongue:
You can say bad grades but not 0 score in English. Its still necessary to pass English. I am also a student of computer sciences. In Engineering and Medical, English is not focus in the way it is in Arts and Commerce. :agree:

If our words tells the meaning of what we are trying to say then it is okay in Engineering and Medical. However, if you want to speed up your earning per day then you must deal with more and more patients day by day. In the end, your writing will be the same as it is in the picture. :yes4:

You can say bad grades but not 0 score in English. Its still necessary to pass English. I am also a student of computer sciences. In Engineering and Medical, English is not focus in the way it is in Arts and Commerce. :agree:

If our words tells the meaning of what we are trying to say then it is okay in Engineering and Medical. However, if you want to speed up your earning per day then you must deal with more and more patients day by day. In the end, your writing will be the same as it is in the picture. :yes4:

I have a nice handwriting:cool:

1. I ate just one time full meal,preferably lunch.no chicken,no rice and no ghee/butter in vegetables

At dinner I had a bowl of sprouts or 2 slices of brown toast bread with 2 egg white only.

The way I took was very tough and not recommended for people whose will power is not strong enough:p

Want to bet? I bet you cannot increase your weight from 67 kg to 85 kg in 3 weeks!!.........:D

In developed countries the calorie intake is getting bigger and bigger. I have also noticed this among the middle class of rising economies such as China and India. Obesity rate has definitely gone high in India among the middle class, as food has become cheaper and more fast food restaurants are common.

Back
Top Bottom