What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

(MWF - Mon, Wed, Friday)

30 min. on treadmill
15 min. weight & strength
15 min. cardio

(TTS- Tue. Thru. Sat.)

1 hr. Swimming

Diet- High protin, no fat, no starch,no rice, no potato.

Meals at every 3 hours.

Total 6 times in a day.

very bad diet...you should not eat so often, it will invite more and more acid secretion and lever will get overloaded if it has to run the digestive system so frequently....good diet is ...OATs/Fruits/Boiled Egg White breakfast in d morning.....complete meal including dal, chawal, roti, sabji/meat and butter milk in lunch and light dinner...do eat rice without starch..do not consume too much of milk or dairy products like cheese.

thanks for the advice gents.

I don't really try to rip my body, and get a stone like sculpture. Just a nice body shape and some fishes poppin out of my arms!!

So, another question, what is the best source of protein?? except shakes and supplements.

Single cell protein(commercially available) having 45-85 % protein content , cereals ,fishes and prawns are gud sources of proteins.

thanks for the advice gents.

I don't really try to rip my body, and get a stone like sculpture. Just a nice body shape and some fishes poppin out of my arms!!

So, another question, what is the best source of protein?? except shakes and supplements.

Chicken(always skinless, preferably breastmeat), beef (top sirloin, tritip, chuck), Fish, Eggs (egg whites), Soy, Nuts, avoid salt, and fast food, avoid junk stuff with MSG and high sodium. Absolutely big no to colas and sugary drinks. A very good alternative to soft drinks is skimmed milk.

I work out about 4-5 days a week, depending on school and work. Are you trying to gain muscle or lose weight?

Beef

Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein
Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams
Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce
Chicken

Chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 grams protein
Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size)
Drumstick – 11 grams
Wing – 6 grams
Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams
Fish

Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce
Tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein
Pork

Pork chop, average - 22 grams protein
Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams
Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams
Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams
Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams
Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams
Eggs and Dairy

Egg, large - 6 grams protein
Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams
Cottage cheese, ½ cup - 15 grams
Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label
Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz
Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz
Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz
Beans (including soy)

Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein
Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams
Soy milk, 1 cup - 6 -10 grams
Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans
Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein
Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams
Nuts and Seeds

Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein
Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams
Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams
Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams
Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams
Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

1gIJF.png

caloriesperhourfordifferentactivities-e1319730172995.gif

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/bmi.shtml
http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php

BMI is fundamentally flawed and doesn't take body composition into account.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/waist_to_hip_ratio.htm
http://home.fuse.net/clymer/bmi/

Weetabix (Weetabix)
Serving Size: 2 Biscuit, Calories: 134, Fat: 0.8g, Carbs: 25.7g, Protein: 4.3g

Chocolate Weetabix (Weetabix)
Serving Size: 2 biscuits, Calories: 165, Fat: 1.8g, Carbs: 30g, Protein: 4.8g

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Antibody : Dost, whats your take on 'Isometric Exercises' ? I've heard some great things about it, I even did 3-4 purely Isometric Workouts from the book 'Isometric Power Revolution' and man were my muscles pumped and myself sweating like crazy afterwards.

I would rather move a load for a longer distance of contraction/extension to get the max workout in minimum time aswell as to get the afterburn effect

Body Weight Simulator -- put your present weight and target weight to get the data

The Body Weight Simulator was developed by Dr. Kevin Hall’s research group at the NIDDK and was published as part of The Lancet series on obesity:

Hall KD, Sacks G, Chandramohan D, Chow CC, Wang YC, Gortmaker SL, Swinburn BA. Quantification of the effect of energy imbalance on bodyweight. Lancet. 2011 Aug 27;378(9793):826-37. (PMID:21872751)

Please reference this paper when publishing material using the Body Weight Simulator. Full description of the model equations can be found in Dynamic Mathematical Model of Body Weight Change in Adults (PDF, 244Kb) document.

LBM: Body Weight Simulator

I am gonna stick this thread

Please ask us any questions and we will try to answer

btw 3500calories= 1 pound of fat
not a hard and fast rule , but a very good estimate if you want to shed 4kg in a month on treadmill

Back
Top Bottom