What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Please go in detail about the workout you do on the bed and positions :)

1.jpg

I am asking you people about your specific diets, not your training regimes.

And not the protein shakes and supplements, but the normal food that you take, eggs, milk, yogurt, vegetables etc etc.

And not the protein shakes and supplements, but the normal food that you take, eggs, milk, yogurt, vegetables etc etc.

my brother i was so slim until my age was 25 but then i start gain my weight don't worry with age it will become more .

Does anybody here do a workout?

And what do you eat afterwards? in the hours after a workout.

yes i do..... but i will take iddly or chapathi in the morning,milk....in afternoon meals-rice with dal n mango pickle+some veggies+butter milk , supper- 2 pulka+rice and fruits... alternate days i will swim atleast 1 hour... i will take non-veg thrice in a week.....

well at my age i have to walk to reduce my cholesterol and high BP. :)

i usually do 45 min on my treadmill ever day . 3 time a week weights and about 30 push-ups ever day .

yes i do..... but i will take iddly or chapathi in the morning,milk....in afternoon meals-rice with dal n mango pickle+some veggies+butter milk , supper- 2 pulka+rice and fruits... alternate days i will swim atleast 1 hour... i will take non-veg thrice in a week.....

thrice a week only? i need it in at least two of my meals ever day

Depends , if you are into pure sculpting and lifting really heavy, (1.5 to 2 times your weight bench press heavy), I would recommend go with around 3-4 scoops of ON 100% gold standard, If you are more into strength training, ckts and cardio i will suggest go with the BSN Syntha 6 (2 scoops post workout)

Also try to take your fast absorbing protein within the 15- 20 mins of you work out. This is usually the anabolic window where your body's protien uptake is the higest.

I do bodyweight exercises 4 days a week for strength & stretchingss...also treadmill or jog for 30 mins twice a week.

after exercise...oat meal is perfect.dats my personal like. for much better results You can have protein shakes (though i dnt take it)

i workout like a psycho and afterwards play basketball too (since the exams ended) and along with that i eat a **** load of proteins like daals, channa, eggs, fish, lean meats, dry fruits, and don't forget some amount of carbs because they are your body's fuel supply and if you have some carbs i assure you you will feel more energetic during your workouts, also fats are also important for growth hormone production ( i wont go into much detail), also one thing most of us south asians neglect in our meals is the amount of soluble and insoluble vitamins and frankly there is no way in hell we get all of the vitamins we need from chapattis, chawal etc so a multivitamin pill may not be a bad idea

I used to eat Nature Valley protein bars with Nuts and Oat's as fillers whenever I felt hungry before lunch and dinner.Drink a lot of water and sleep a lot :p

after work out if you want to avoid protien shakes (which imo is the best thing), try to eat poached eggs with no salt, Fish like cod, mahi mahi, salmon, snapper. Thin cut chicken breasts are again fast to cook. I do slap on some peanut butter on slice of bread after workout at work if I am not carrying my protein shake.

i am pretty sure you already know this but still let me remind you that for example if you weigh around 180lbs and you are trying to build muscle, try to get atleast 180 grams and not more than 250 gms of protein into your system.

Eat whatever you want just include milk ,leafy vegetable and chapatti in ur menu that's enough. If you feel you took heavy food today means next day just increase your workouts for 30min in gym.

thanks for the advice gents.

I don't really try to rip my body, and get a stone like sculpture. Just a nice body shape and some fishes poppin out of my arms!!

So, another question, what is the best source of protein?? except shakes and supplements.

Back
Top Bottom