What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

Interesting reader's comment.

"i believe russia is not in such a bad shape, as long as the usd is high, which means it makes fx gains by selling oil (settled in usd) and in the fx markets. the u.s. is now an oil exporter and a major market player, low oil prices will impact its oil industry too. opec is not helping the u.s., it is working for its own good.

despite the fact the russia's financial strength is much better than the old ussr, china does play a vital role to counter the u.s. salvo of financial attacks nowadays, e.g. the currency swap deal which releases fx pressure for both countries, and all these measures will only draw the sino-russian pact closer, along with the other countries which do not want to be dragged into the u.s. agenda.

i also believe the currency war between china and the u.s. has in fact long started, as many authors have already written books about it.

the largest shale gas deposit is not in the u.s. but in china, and it's not even being touched much yet."
do you realise that russia does not have access to half of its USD currency reserves because of the western sanctions?
the other half will be vanished soon because russia state owned companies have huge debts at western banks. the loans are short term. very bad.

no, it is too late. but I admit china will benefit greatly at this disaster as you can buy cheap in russia. No, it is better for russia if they cozy up to vietnam. traditionally the russians hate you.

Our oil production is tiny compared to the amount of oil import.

And many of our oil fields are closed or remain untouched.

We need to tap our Shale reserves. That will last us for thousands of years, we won't have to worry about instability in the Middle East sending oil prices soaring.

We should keep our regular oil and gas as a strategic reserve, for use during times of war.

Oil is cheap now, and our strategic reserves are being filled up right now.

Ask Cambodia and Laos if they wanna join with you, not us or Russia.
I told u many time that half of Laotian pplation r VNese, Cam's military forces r under Vn control, they r no longer our problem after 1979. We only need help to make Myanmar-Thailand understand the important of an united sub-Mekong region.

And I think both China-Russia should help VN and other sub-Mekong nations to create a strong sub-Mekong region. then we (sub-Mekong region) will help u guys back :pop:

We need to tap our Shale reserves. That will last us for thousands of years, we won't have to worry about instability in the Middle East sending oil prices soaring.

Our reserve of shale oil/gas is huge, but it is harder to get than those on the US soil.

Thus, it requires more technological breakthrough for our Sinopec and CNPC.

do you realise that russia does not have access to half of its USD currency reserves because of the western sanctions?
the other half will be vanished soon because russia state owned companies have huge debts at western banks. the loans are short term. very bad.

no, it is too late. but I admit china will benefit greatly at this disaster as you can buy cheap in russia. No, it is better for russia if they cozy up to vietnam. traditionally the russians hate you.

Vietnam is too small to offset the devastation from the western sanctions.

Our oil production is tiny compared to the amount of oil import.

And many of our oil fields are closed or remain untouched.
well, more than 4 million barrels a day is not tiny. ok, china is big. you have different view.
oil_production_consumption[1].png

Nope, we can do business with the US, but it won't change the fact that the US will also remain as our biggest geopolitical opponent.

Just like Russia still does business with Exxon Mobil despite the western sanctions, but does this mean that Russia and the US become the friend? Nope.

The world geopolitics is much more complicated than you thought.
sure, I understand you see america as your biggest geopolitical opponent. after all, they stand in your way as you seek hegemony in asia. without US military presence in Japan, Korea and Philippines and elsewhere, how can the smaller nations stop a hooligan like you? No, we know YOU.

Last edited:
Vietnam is one of the worst hit countries in the on-going heinous declines of oil prices。

It is not under the international spot light because the country is of little or no consequence to others.

Well, Iran is at an even more dangerous situation than Russia, since they depend the oil economy even more than Russia.

sure, I understand you see america as your biggest geopolitical opponent. after all, they stand in your way as you seek hegemony in asia. without US military presence in Japan, Korea and Philippines and elsewhere, how can the smaller nations stop a hooligan like you. No, we know YOU.

There is the China-Russia axis to balance the US hegemony.

Last edited:
Vietnam is one of the worst hit countries in the on-going heinous declines of oil prices。

It is not under the international spot light because the country is of little or no consequence to others.
Yeah, we also got hit hard from low oil price, so it seems like we have to offer more privilege to US soon if China-Russia dont help VN to unify sub-Mekong region.:pop:

We should keep our regular oil and gas as a strategic reserve, for use during times of war.

Oil is cheap now, and our strategic reserves are being filled up right now.
shale gas and oil is not cheap to produce. it costs the american companies between $50 to $100 a barrel to produce. besides, producing shale gas/oil brings negative environmental effects. all needs to take into calculation. at current market price, it does not make sense.

不好说,俄罗斯毕竟是瘦死骆驼比马大,它不会那么容易玩完的,普京不过是在表现虚弱的表现,如果中国把自己捆绑在苏联的战车上那就不用赶在现在,当初苏联想捆绑中国老毛就没同意,要不然起码朝鲜和越南在政治上不会和中国那么疏远。现在的问题是中国需要一个和平发展的环境,即使是有冲突对抗那也必须是和自身的利益直接相关而不是扛起他国的负资产。毕竟,钓鱼岛和南海利益涉及中国的核心利益,俄也没有表现出该有的盟友态度,卖武器,联合探油,在国际舆论方面也并不支持中国维护核心利益,现在需要中国来帮忙了,那么为什么我们要无谓的牺牲呢?我们的那么多领土都是在当今俄的非法侵占下,俄也心安理得的继续占着,甚至连句反省道歉都没有,这样我们还要主动网上贴?为什么?
好主意。 要老毛子先出战船支持南海中国海军。 表明态度。 然后我们才和他联盟。

Back
Top Bottom