What's new

The Fight against PKK Terrorism

Ok so the situation ended in the best possible way ( considering )

The PKK provocation was aimed at forcing the TSK to engage those youth and thus tarnishing Turkey's reputation and goodwill in Iraqi Kurdistan as whole ( reducing turkey influence )

So good job TSK for constraint which means pkk plan failed

However a response ( retaliation ) is now in order and it has to be POWERFULL and STRONG

A big show off to demonstrate consequences and to not allow this to repeat

Hope TSK will be smart in this response as it was dealing with this so far

As i said before after that, they will be more motivated and similar provocations/attacks will happen.
Turkey needs to show STRENGTH .

This is not a random attack; it is a part of a systematic and collective actions of chain.

If A happens, then B is reaction,If C is the counter answer, then D/F&B is the counter reaction etc.

I am sure you heard of ''Derin Devlet'' slandering campaing for a time, and the cheer leaders of them inside the country were/are PKK's ''humanists'' and Islam abusers ''muslims'' along with outsiders. Every country(even organisations/companies/even living beings etc.) has an immune system that acts systematically and collectively against the same systematic and collective threats.

I am sure you now get the answer why each time and in every fields Turkish immune system can be caught weak and defenceless against such systematic and collective attacks.

Also,Despite all these scandals, How they can still keep the power lies in here.

Such speaks are the reality, but remain very weak due to the reason above.

Ok so the situation ended in the best possible way ( considering )

The PKK provocation was aimed at forcing the TSK to engage those youth and thus tarnishing Turkey's reputation and goodwill in Iraqi Kurdistan as whole ( reducing turkey influence )

So good job TSK for constraint which means pkk plan failed

However a response ( retaliation ) is now in order and it has to be POWERFULL and STRONG

A big show off to demonstrate consequences and to not allow this to repeat

Hope TSK will be smart in this response as it was dealing with this so far

I partially agree. PKK wanted Turkish army to kill a bunch of civvies on camera. But still this sucks

I partially agree. PKK wanted Turkish army to kill a bunch of civvies on camera. But still this sucks

Exactly. No matter what happened we would have been the bad guy in that scenario had we not retreated. If we stayed and used force we would be seen as the aggresors invader who kills the local population. This played out better then people think it did. The only true damage appears to be that to our overbloated pride of some us Turks.

No political drama, no civilians dead and no soldiers dead. This scenario played out much better then people think. Its just some minor materials, which can be replaced and improved upon. We didnt surrender the FOB, this would fall within the definition of a tactical retreat. We will return, and much sure it wont happen again.

Exactly. No matter what happened we would have been the bad guy in that scenario had we not retreated. If we stayed and used force we would be seen as the aggresors invader who kills the local population. This played out better then people think it did. The only true damage appears to be that to our overbloated pride of some us Turks.

No political drama, no civilians dead and no soldiers dead. This scenario played out much better then people think. Its just some minor materials, which can be replaced and improved upon. We didnt surrender the FOB, this would fall within the definition of a tactical retreat. We will return, and much sure it wont happen again.
You are correct

But there is a problem Even tho the TSK action is correct and the whole incident is insignificant and another pkk fail
all that will eventually matter is what the people will believe and they will believe what they see

Right now all they see is turkish base and tanks on fire

this is a PR nightmare to any country ( so how about turkey that is about to have an election )

Now the pkk media is in heaven all while turkey is finally having a breakthrough with the US ( trump ) and that breakthrough is based on trump believing Turkey can take over and finish the job so what happens when he sees this

Turkey must demonstrate strength soon in a major response ( the only viable option is dozen of airstrikes while giving a special attention to the area where the base is located )
Maybe kill some famous top leaders brass on your wanted list and make sure every turkish outlet show it

The media targeting turkey and the pkk will take this and report it as a humiliating defeat and only actions are viable to answer that

Besides if turkey does nothing imagine the Morale of the troops of that base and the others in northern iraq and syria

Last edited:
That's why on such places must be ready riot control equipment and procedure that have to be implemented. I am curious why a crowd was left to form around the base and why there was not a fast reaction by the authorities. In such a case warning should be given to the crowd to spread and riot control units must be formed and ready in no time. By the time that is being done information must be given to the local authorities to react. Now there are arrests but there is no use because they already entered the base and damaged valuable equipment. South Korea have very interesting warning system that can make you think twice before doing something. The US have systems like LRAD. I still remember how a MF entered the air base in Diyarbakir and managed to take down the Turkish flag. Such equipment must be present in all the bases that are close to population and in risk of mass violence. You don't even have to use your weapon but still. It seems there is no determination to counter such events.

in the long term still I remind my words wich I always say KRG is a bad Plan, it should be crushed and deleted, ait should be totally destroyed and given back to Iraq.. this clowns show themselves what they are.. they are not better than pkk they are the same s h i t.. the one shit is yellow bronish and more liquid and the other is much harder and like chocolate brown.. still both stink and are disgusting filthy things..

krg dreams of greater kurdistan pkk does the same they share the same communistic values and the same maps.. we should activly help Iraq to get back the northers lands if it means fighting with them together then let it be..

my comment is not about what happened but a general statement..

it would be the best thing krg area controlled by iraqi central government

in the long term still I remind my words wich I always say KRG is a bad Plan, it should be crushed and deleted, ait should be totally destroyed and given back to Iraq.. this clowns show themselves what they are.. they are not better than pkk they are the same s h i t.. the one shit is yellow bronish and more liquid and the other is much harder and like chocolate brown.. still both stink and are disgusting filthy things..

krg dreams of greater kurdistan pkk does the same they share the same communistic values and the same maps.. we should activly help Iraq to get back the northers lands if it means fighting with them together then let it be..

my comment is not about what happened but a general statement..

it would be the best thing krg area controlled by iraqi central government
Yes totally right. Krg is a zionist scum but they are in need to some ways to sell the oil (stolen). And there is a power struggle between pkk rats and them. When reacing the enough powerful level and at convinient circumstances, Turkish state would give a harsh f.ck to these krg scums, of course. This is just a time matter.

Guys let's clarify , in order to be tactical and keep terrorists pace, Armies use more tactical and oldmen's methods. For example patrolling with turboprop aircrafts.
Squad teams , artilleries etc. I think we all agree that hat cannot use cruise missiles against terrorist. I have just made up idea using Hitlers Zoo Towers. With FLak artillery and 20 mm rapidfire , the tower supressis 40 square km . If you add today's modern optic and sensor technology you will be able to police your homeland all seasons . Along the border line zoo towers should be build instead of fence.
1280px-Wien_-_Flakturm_Augarten_%281%29.JPG

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_Tower

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H27779%2C_Berlin%2C_Flakturm_am_Zoo.jpg

Land forces overlook long range Directfireartillery however naval forces still use on warships.
I would love to fire otobreda vulcano 127mm onto terroristic movements from border towers. Therefor we wouldn't need some bases beyond the borders.
ShadowyRequiredDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

coastal-artillery-battery-landsort-sweden-cm-built-was-armed-three-former-shipguns-mod-command-bunker-anti-52221306.jpg

Maybe it's time to turn back to WW1 coastal artilleries with concrete bunkers in order to isolate soldiers.
Anyway you will find it BS

That's why on such places must be ready riot control equipment and procedure that have to be implemented. I am curious why a crowd was left to form around the base and why there was not a fast reaction by the authorities. In such a case warning should be given to the crowd to spread and riot control units must be formed and ready in no time. By the time that is being done information must be given to the local authorities to react. Now there are arrests but there is no use because they already entered the base and damaged valuable equipment. South Korea have very interesting warning system that can make you think twice before doing something. The US have systems like LRAD. I still remember how a MF entered the air base in Diyarbakir and managed to take down the Turkish flag. Such equipment must be present in all the bases that are close to population and in risk of mass violence. You don't even have to use your weapon but still. It seems there is no determination to counter such events.

I disagree

This is a forward base all it will take is a pkk element with a gun within the crowd to kill few soldiers in riot gear

The TSK job should not include crowd control in such a hostile environment far from border ( outside country ) it's too risky

Not sure but no army has such doctrine

Any army posts in hostile areas should only focus on repelling attacks, containing and eliminating threats

I do agree that local authorities were inadequate , where were they as the crowd was being formed or was heading to base
Did the soldiers contact them

Most importantly why there was no coordination between the authorities and TSK in such sensitive location

Guys let's clarify , in order to be tactical and keep terrorists pace, Armies use more tactical and oldmen's methods. For example patrolling with turboprop aircrafts.
Squad teams , artilleries etc. I think we all agree that hat cannot use cruise missiles against terrorist. I have just made up idea using Hitlers Zoo Towers. With FLak artillery and 20 mm rapidfire , the tower supressis 40 square km . If you add today's modern optic and sensor technology you will be able to police your homeland all seasons . Along the border line zoo towers should be build instead of fence.
1280px-Wien_-_Flakturm_Augarten_%281%29.JPG

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_Tower

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H27779%2C_Berlin%2C_Flakturm_am_Zoo.jpg

Land forces overlook long range Directfireartillery however naval forces still use on warships.
I would love to fire otobreda vulcano 127mm onto terroristic movements from border towers. Therefor we wouldn't need some bases beyond the borders.
ShadowyRequiredDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

coastal-artillery-battery-landsort-sweden-cm-built-was-armed-three-former-shipguns-mod-command-bunker-anti-52221306.jpg

Maybe it's time to turn back to WW1 coastal artilleries with concrete bunkers in order to isolate soldiers.
Anyway you will find it BS
The Kalekol concept already created is very good but to bad its implemented only in the areas where the attacks with the most casualties happened before so somebody could say "Look we serve our soldiers and the conditions are super". The base in Duhok is suitable both from terrain but also its level is strategical. Similar defenses with these but smaller and cheaper acting on the same principle can be integrated in the system including non lethal measures.
I disagree

This is a forward base all it will take is a pkk element with a gun within the crowd to kill few soldiers in riot gear

The TSK job should not include crowd control in such a hostile environment far from border ( outside country ) it's too risky

Not sure but no army has such doctrine

Any army posts in hostile areas should only focus on repelling attacks, containing and eliminating threats

I do agree that local authorities were inadequate , where were they as the crowd was being formed or was heading to base
Did the soldiers contact them

Most importantly why there was no coordination between the authorities and TSK in such sensitive location
Have you wondered why the commando brigades and SOF receive riot control training and courses? Its not only for assistance to the police on need but also to be ready to implement non lethal measures to a mass event like a crowd trying to enter an outpost, embassy, base. If in the crowd there is not an armed threat visible you simply don't shoot a lethal munition at the crowd other than warning shots. After any riot control team there is an overwatch personnel ready with lethal rounds.

44219176_2081981532116287_385484589105152000_n.jpg

hes-eylem_6783.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

531305.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

US ARMY FIELD MANUAL FM 3-19.15

CIVIL
DISTURBANCE
OPERATIONS

CROWD DEVELOPMENT
1-7.

Crowds are a gathering of a multitude of individuals and small groups that have temporarily assembled in the same place. These small groups are usually comprised of friends, family members, or acquaintances that represent a group belief or cause. Individuals assume a sense of anonymity— they are viewed as just another face in the crowd. People in small groups are known only to companions in their group and to others in the gathering that have come from the same neighbor hood or community. Commanders must consider how the individuals assembled and how they are interacting during the gathering process.

GATHERINGS
1-8.

The assembly process of a gathering refers to the movement of people from different locations to a common
location within a given period. This largely determines who participates. Creating a gathering from a crowd is a process with a beginning, middle, and end. As shown in Figure 1-1 a crowd has an assembly process that leads to the gathering of the crowd, which is always followed by a dispersal process.

1-9.
Gatherings are often assisted by the activities of individuals or groups with a specific agenda, such as yelling catchy slogans and cheers that everyone can easily pick up and join in on. Some groups are so well organized that they can prestage leaders to infiltrate a gathering. This creates unity,even inciting newcomers to join their cause. The first phase of the gathering is the assembly process. It can occur in one of two ways—impromptu or organized.

STANDARDIZED POSTURES IN COMPANY TACTICAL STANDING OPERATING
PROCEDURES
2-2.

Within squads, platoons, and companies, equipment may be increased or decreased, as needed. Some examples are as follows:
Choose the M9 pistol for extraction and apprehension teams. The use of a long weapon (for example, an M16 with an M203, an M4 with an M203, or a 12-gauge shotgun) with NL (Non Lethal) munitions capability is also recommended, especially for overwatch personnel. Add nonstandard weapons such as shotguns for greater NL capabilities.

NOTE: The shotgun is used to protect the M203 gunner as he reloads. Add NL munitions to existing organic weapons systems, such as the M203. Arm soldiers in the front line of the formation with their standard weapon. If the weapon is a long weapon, it should be carried across the back from left to right or vice versa, with the butt up and muzzle down. Ensure that the weapon is cleared and that the magazine is in the appropriate ammunition pouch.

It’s not the soldiers fault it’s the cowards and traitors in power who tie their hands up. This reminds me of the “peace” process. We should have given these “protestors” the Isreali or American treatment and mowed a dozen down.

Get used to seeing more of these embarrassments our 2023 goals in the making.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom