What's new

The Farce of Western Free Speech

me and @Syed.Ali.Haider live in US, how would we know about france?
if you can ban one thing but the other is called freedom of speech how dare you say it was an expression of opinion... what gives one group the right to express in any way they want and other is banned ... did u even read this article or is this you just coming and saying let us debate without knowing what is being talked about
  1. read the article
  2. see how far freedom of speech goes when it comes to certain things
  3. admit freedom of speech is not always there
  4. admit the hate speech killallmuslims was illegal and should be tried by laws of hate speech
  5. say there should be a law against insulting religious figures
  6. know tht one and a half billion people are part of the world and if there can be veggie libel laws in america then this is a bigger issue

there is an article which is the basis of this thread if you are in America that does not mean you can skip the thread -.-

also till america takes action against the tweets part of the hate speech that originated from america do not debate with me on law and order and upholding the law.

That is not questioning any aspect of the Holocaust or mocking the French laws.

Try again.

Way to miss the point.

it is not legal to call for the death of muslims in the uk tell me when you start jailing for that

Why are you letting the clueless people derail the topic?

The fact is that the same Western countries (Germany and France) which beat their chests about freedom of speech also have strict laws around debating aspects of the Holocaust.

The detractors won't be able to answer that basic hypocrisy, so they will jump all over the place.

That is not questioning any aspect of the Holocaust or mocking the French laws.

Try again.

But it is mocking the Holocaust.

I previously asked if Charlie Hebdo had published any cartoons mocking the Holocaust or mocking the French laws around the Holocaust.

Don't worry I have no intention of trying again.

I previously asked if Charlie Hebdo had published any cartoons mocking the Holocaust or mocking the French laws around the Holocaust.

I did not receive a reply, and nor do I expect to, which is an answer in itself.
Mocking a holocaust?

I did not receive a reply, and nor do I expect to, which is an answer in itself.
The answer is yes they did publish it

upload_2015-1-11_8-45-48.png

Its about the filming of holocaust, "pull in that belly".

But then I dont understand the context in which you asked the question.
We're talking about "freedom of expression" isnt it??

whats the deal with this whole cartoon of the prophet, didn't he have a sense of humor?
Well I think they're not so wrong if they got offended by a cartoon of Prophet for I would 've been offended too if hindu deities were shown in bad light or mocked upon. But picking up guns is not something that I would do to avenge it.

Cartoons questioning some aspect of the Holocaust.
Cartoons mocking French laws that forbid such speech.

French law is against denying any internationally or French recognized genocide. Not specifically against holocaust.

French law is against denying any internationally or French recognized genocide. Not specifically against holocaust.

It's a self-serving definition. Western countries decide what is "internationally recognized".

The Armenians have claims about their holocaust; the Turks have counter claims about their own holocaust. The West promotes the Armenian version while denying the Turk version. At the end of the day, it again comes down to whoever is dominant writes history and protects their sensibilities.

In any case, it reaffirms the point that all societies, including Western ones, limit speech in the context of issues they consider sensitive.

Does French law restrict debate on the Rwandan genocide?

The answer is yes they did publish it

View attachment 183059

Its about the filming of holocaust, "pull in that belly".

How is that questioning anything?
No one denies that Jews of all stripes and social classes were targeted by the Nazis. This included well off Jews.

Back
Top Bottom