What's new

The disease of ogling at every passing woman

During my time in Pakistan I couldn't help but notice a very uncomfortable and almost intimidating experience of men randomly staring/gazing at women anywhere and everywhere given the opportunity.

It is common especially in places like Liberty, monuments in Islamabad, and Murree. Actually I almost get into a fight whenever I witness this behavior. They pretty much always back off and look down in shame, except for the odd extra beyghairat.

This is the number one social issue for me. It needs to be eradicated with heavy fines, jail time, and strict laws.

Until women feel safe from this plague, how can we call ourselves an Islamic Republic.

Now I noticed this behavior in America too, although Americans are much more clever and hide their eyes in shades or tinted windows.

The shag/ogling correlation that you guys are suggesting is very weak. In my 20s I could shag three times a night and by next morning my battery would be fully charged ~wanting more. Men are biolgically wired to bang as many females as possible. By next day the battery was as charged as it could be. Was that licence for ogling? If I did not get sex for 6 months it's not like it could charge more. More to the point is bad manners. It's all about manners. I look as much now as I did in my 20s but suddenly a self serving control kicks in because I do not want to be creep as I am aware that is how I will come across and make others uncomfortable. Meaning you need to learn to get a grip on nature.

@nahtanbob

I am still with nahtanbob on this. Yes, bad manners plays SOME part in it but the majority reason for ogling is Sexual Frustration. In case of Pakistan... that certainly has to do with the regional differences: Many, if not most women in Karachi are not be so ogled because men see women all the time in Karachi. They can see women from trousers to Burqah, and all in-between. But what would a man in a smaller, conservative see? A shuttle-cock Burqah. To that man, even a woman with a Dupattah around her rack is a novelty--he'd stare at her. BTW, I don't blame them. It's their biological instincts. Bad manners, yes, but sort of understandable.

Human biology is the supreme argument here. Your personal self-control, while admirable, doesnt buck the trend. In my own case, growing up in Karachi, I didn't' ogle (much!) because women were plenty abound. Had I been in raised in more conservative areas...yes, I probably would have.

And before you poke hole in my argument about men in Karachi being oglers--I'd like to remind you that Karachi is the most progressive city in Pakistan which attracts millions from other places--every ethnicity has oglers but, regardless of the ethnicity, if one is more used to women around then one would ogle less...

A young man deprived of female companionship for a long time becomes a man with the proverbial Beer Goggles. It's human nature. No personal anecdotes can possibly change that.

PS. In sort of similar vein... my last trip to the northern regions of Pakistan was in 1991. I was half-jokingly advised to not wear shorts, have a little stubble, if not a beard. Pakistan was just getting out of the Zia's dark rule... You have to be old enough to remember such cultural transformations... between the early 1970s to the early 1990s... Only those who had experienced such transformations would have a personal connection...

Then open your eyes....it happens at every corner! Wear a burqa even then they will ogle at you!

I hardly ever see anyone sitting in streets staring to bahut door ki baat hai

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!

Can you please tell more? How old was she? Was she beautiful? Are you sure she was staring at you? For how long? Did her husband notice? If yes, what was his reaction?

Do you remember any other such incident?

And which city was it?

35-40

6/10

with her husband in car

ofc she was staring at me. LOL. for whole 10 -15 minutes ,

her husband seemed aloof

i had to leave the premises
---------------------------

its not ogling out of curiosity, its just bad manners here , girls are doing this all the time ,esp in posh areas and maals here in lahore

maybe its a defense, boys ogle you, so you ogle them , maybe they;ll back off , who knows

well, with freedom comes its consequences....they will have to learn to live with that. These r the laws of nature afterall.

There are always good side and bad side to everything. Thats how World works and function.

The shag/ogling correlation that you guys are suggesting is very weak. In my 20s I could shag three times a night and by next morning my battery would be fully charged ~wanting more. Men are biolgically wired to bang as many females as possible. By next day the battery was as charged as it could be. Was that licence for ogling? If I did not get sex for 6 months it's not like it could charge more. More to the point is bad manners. It's all about manners. I look as much now as I did in my 20s but suddenly a self serving control kicks in because I do not want to be creep as I am aware that is how I will come across and make others uncomfortable. Meaning you need to learn to get a grip on nature.

@nahtanbob

It's not like men enjoy staring just when the battery is charged. Even if it's empty, staring is something we often want to do anyway. The difference is, civilised men don't give in to the urge.

This is why we need feminism and the #metoo

SO that behavior like this can be checked

hopefully we can progress as a society and as a people

I am still with nahtanbob on this. Yes, bad manners plays SOME part in it but the majority reason for ogling is Sexual Frustration. In case of Pakistan... that certainly has to do with the regional differences: Many, if not most women in Karachi are not be so ogled because men see women all the time in Karachi. They can see women from trousers to Burqah, and all in-between. But what would a man in a smaller, conservative see? A shuttle-cock Burqah. To that man, even a woman with a Dupattah around her rack is a novelty--he'd stare at her. BTW, I don't blame them. It's their biological instincts. Bad manners, yes, but sort of understandable.

Human biology is the supreme argument here. Your personal self-control, while admirable, doesnt buck the trend. In my own case, growing up in Karachi, I didn't' ogle (much!) because women were plenty abound. Had I been in raised in more conservative areas...yes, I probably would have.

And before you poke hole in my argument about men in Karachi being oglers--I'd like to remind you that Karachi is the most progressive city in Pakistan which attracts millions from other places--every ethnicity has oglers but, regardless of the ethnicity, if one is more used to women around then one would ogle less...

A young man deprived of female companionship for a long time becomes a man with the proverbial Beer Goggles. It's human nature. No personal anecdotes can possibly change that.

PS. In sort of similar vein... my last trip to the northern regions of Pakistan was in 1991. I was half-jokingly advised to not wear shorts, have a little stubble, if not a beard. Pakistan was just getting out of the Zia's dark rule... You have to be old enough to remember such cultural transformations... between the early 1970s to the early 1990s... Only those who had experienced such transformations would have a personal connection...

Completely disagree with you on this point.

Some of the worst oglers and touchy-feely men I have ever met are Karachiites (from all ethnicities.) Karachi has a liberal environment and actually feeds more oglers and also street slang from this area is vulgar.

What I have observed in Punjab and KP is that most oglers tend to be unemployed poor males who have no hope of getting married, or simply young males who haven’t been taught basic Islamic etiquette.

Most of the more religiously conservative people from all areas (including Karachi) tend to look down and avoid eye contact with women.

Some good tough laws would prevent much of this menace to society.

There is a reason Centaurus Mall banned single males. And if you go to any park in Islamabad, majority of public is consisted of males and they will stare at females like they have never seen one before.

I used to say that policy of Centaurus mall was discriminatory but once you actually go to Islamabad and experience public places with female relatives then you will be thankful for Centaurus mall banning single males. At least there is one place in Islamabad where you don't have to worry about that stuff.

It is interesting how they are reverting to a principal of 'islamic' segragetion. I talked to an English woman who had to take a train back home late at night on a regular basis. She said they should have women only carriages, as she felt threatened by drunken men at night.

You are well protected but not among the normal populace

There are a lot of social problems in Pakistan like homo men with boys boys with boys but this men or boys sitting in streets staring or looking at women I've never seen this some members are saying it's more common in cities like Islamabad Karachi and I've never lived in these cities

I recently visited Pakistan after a decade. I was overwhelmed by the unmatchable hospitality I received by my extended family. I visited beautiful monuments, masjid, museums, colourful bazaars and wonderful parks in the capital Islamabad and it's hustling bustling neighbouring city of Rawalpindi. During my time in Pakistan I couldn't help but notice a very uncomfortable and almost intimidating experience of men randomly staring/gazing at women anywhere and everywhere given the opportunity. Places such as the famous monument in Islamabad during a hot humid mid afternoon. Groups of men would huddle and ogle at any female that passed by even if she was with her family. This occurred to my very own female relatives who were dressed modestly and in full Islamic attire. As I witnessed this I decided to confront one of the perpetrators as i felt it to be a form of harassment. The young man hurried away with his companions to avoid any confrontation or escalation in tension. No matter where I went I witnessed the same disease of men holting in their daily lives to look..... and I mean to look/stare/ogle at any female passing by. There seems to be some serious sexual frustration in Pakistan where some men are unable to control thier gaze. Clearly needs addressing!
Onslaught of Indian media and weak social and moral fiber has destroyed the society. Males need to keep their eyes low and females need to cover their bodies to prevent lusty eyes of males.

saray hajji lok aithay PDF vich kathay ho gai ne??? its normal routine...kiyun baat ka batangar banaya hua hai.

saray hajji lok aithay PDF vich kathay ho gai ne??? its normal routine...kiyun baat ka batangar banaya hua hai.

Everyone looks at something interesting or new but no one sits in Streets and stares at women all the time

There are a lot of social problems in Pakistan like homo men with boys boys with boys but this men or boys sitting in streets staring or looking at women I've never seen this some members are saying it's more common in cities like Islamabad Karachi and I've never lived in these cities

Yes it is a disease mostly in big urban cities, the culture in big pakistani cities has been increasingly coming under bollywood BS where centre of attention is always a "girl". I totally agree with you that historically we never had this problem of perversion in our indigenous folk cultures at least in the agricultural areas of Punjab, also we were historically a predominantly rural population in what is now Pakistan where people mostly lived in small villages rather than urban cities, in small villages it was impossible to do such a "sh1t" and get away with it as the whole village used to protect the dignity of one another including the dignity of the women. We never had "full veil burka" in our Punjab villages historically speaking, our women never covered their faces while outside of their homes working in the fields or going to shops because we never had this concept of "staring", "teasing" of women in our indigenous folk cultures. As I said in the earlier post, this is all imported BS from Bollywood movies and songs over the decades and its manifestation is highest in the urban cities where people don't have any concept of protecting each other's dignity the way we used to have in our villages.

Back
Top Bottom