What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

Care to tell me who crushed the First Independence War (Sepoy Mutiny) in 1857 siding with the British ?
care to explain me who helped the British against Punjab in anglosikh wars of 1846 and 1849

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

**** this is so heart wrenching.Fathers beheading their own daughters to save them from muslim mobs :cry:
watch this ...its also seems heart wrenching to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon after Muslims in Amritsar (muslims were about 40-50% of population before partition) went rioting, a mob tried to attack Golden Temple and were repulsed with a pitched battle fought between handful of Sikhs under Jathedar Udham Singh Nagoke. Same day muslims of Sharifpura (a suburb of Amristar), stopped a train full of refugees from Pakistan for slaughter. After this incident, Sikhs and Hindus in Amritsar were furious and many innocent muslims had to bear the fury of anger. Soon after Amritsar was empty of Muslims. While total number of casualties were about same on both sides, about 100-150 million refugees were exchanged between both countries. There were large number of atrocities inflicted on women, many were abducted and raped. In village Thoh Khalsa (now in Pakistan), 1000 Sikh and Hindu women jumped into well to save their honor after their menfolks were killed by Muslim mobs. It is estimated that about 1 million Hindus/Sikhs/Muslims were murdered and 10-50 millions were injured. Property lost was in trillion of dollars. Sikh leadership opted for India and millions of Sikhs migrated to East Punjab and Delhi.

I am a Punjabi ( hindu/sikh) . I belong to a small town near Amritsar.Last year, I had the opportunity of going to Wagah Border to see the Flag ceremony. The land and people on the either side of the fence were no different.I could not help but wonder why did punjab( Indian) choose to be a part of India rather than Pakistan or Viceversa for Pakistan punjab....Punjab has its own unique culture which is very similar on either side of the fence to the best of my knowledge.

What I do not understand is why a state like Punjab has to be paired up with other places like tamil naidu or assam.I do not speak tamil,do not understand their culture and probably will never go there since we are 2000kms apart from each other.I do respect all the cultures and I think everyone should be proud of their identity.But I find it extremely weird that on one hand punjab is clubbed with Assam which is culturally so different and on the other hand a place which is 90% similar and only 50 miles away i m not allowed to visit.

It is not even a question of religious tolerance as before partition muslim,hindus and sikhs used to live together and still do in India. Even right now there is a town 10 kms away from my place where every sign post or advertisement board is written in urdu...and we live happily together( i cannot read urdu). the elders in my village elders(really old guns) always share their fond memories of pre partition days,Lahore features unequivocally in almost all of these conversations i must say. will visit lahore for sure one day.have to see what is all the hype about.after all its not made of gold.is it.lol

Two years I had to come to canada due to obvious reasons.I met so many people from Punjab(pakistan) and we get along so well.Lahoris are not very fond of Karachiites i learnt.lol

When u think about it India was most prosperous before it was India.............

Very heartfelt. While your post will not sit well with Indian members here, it has a lot of truth in it. Peace.

if it was not for the southern and eastern states ....British would have never occupied us ....Punjab was the last state to fall to british ....

duh,british didt invade from the north so its was natural that the reached punjab later

care to explain me who helped the British against Punjab in anglosikh wars of 1846 and 1849

Yeah they understood the futility of helping the Goras and so they rebelled. But you guys then played spoilsport.

So in all reality no one has any right to blame anyone.

If anyone is not satisfied with India then can GTFO and that applies to all irrespective of their ethnicity,religion and language.

BTW what is the 1984 Sikh rriots doing in a thread about Partition ?? Can some one explain to me ?

It is Sikhs like Tony Singh who are the absolute majority in India...thank god all the fakeys ran away to Canada and some like Wdhwa S Babbar ran away to lahore to live as a state guest of ISI.

duh,british didt invade from the north so its was natural that the reached punjab later
dont get me wrong ....i love my india and its diversity....but hate to see some southies esp gounder talking **** about punjab ....you should particularly see how they jump in support and show love to tamil terrorists in srilanka ...hypocrisy much ....!!
raavan is probably mad because of 1984 injustice .....i am against khalistan ,pro india and i am also supportive of good relations with pakistan

if it was not for the southern and eastern states ....British would have never occupied us ....Punjab was the last state to fall to british ....

Oh please it was the pathetic Muslim kings of Bengal and Northern India who sh*t themselves when they saw the Brits coming. People of Eastern states didn't have any power then.

If anything people from Eastern states and Marathas took part in the 1857 rebellion, and we would have thrown the Brits out. Unfortunately things didn't work out.

Punjab is as India as Tamil Nadu, or Bihar or Assam or Gujarat or Kashmir. End of the story. Anyone who feels otherwise should feel free to cross the border.

Guys ignore these false flag trolls.

Oh please it was the pathetic Muslim kings of Bengal and Northern India who sh*t themselves when they saw the Brits coming. People of Eastern states didn't have any power then.

If anything people from Eastern states and Marathas took part in the 1857 rebellion, and we would thrown the Brits. Unfortunately things didn't work out.

Punjab is as India as Tamil Nadu, or Bihar or Assam or Gujarat or Kashmir.

Guys ignore these false flag trolls.

ever heard of Anglosikh wars.......northern indians didnt **** themselves so stop trolling

dont get me wrong ....i love my india and its diversity....but hate to see some southies esp gounder talking **** about punjab ....you should particularly see how they jump in support and show love to tamil terrorists in srilanka ...hypocrisy much ....!!
raavan is probably mad because of 1984 injustice .....i am against khalistan ,pro india and i am also supportive of good relations with pakistan

Looks like you registered just now to join in the party? Have fun! False Flag Troll! :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom