What's new

The Attack on Pakistan's Erieye

The Nation, The News and The DAWN english papers all quoted SEC DEF that they will replace DAMAGED SAAB AWAC

So, instead of bashing just JANG, you should have put more effort in reading other news papers who carried the similar remarks of SEC DEF.

And last ut not the least, not a single rebuttal came from PAF spokesperson or from ISPR denying SEC DEF remarks in JANG nor even SEC DEF denied his remarks which appeared in JANG... which means whatever SEC DEF said in URDU or inn ENGLISH. It was a matter of FACT.

Or else how come a mis reported SEC DEF statement can go around so long without any rebuttal?

So save us the rhetoric of yours please and stop living in fools world and you are a regular reader of Posts and you know very well that it was established later that ONE AWAC was destroyed and one damaged.TAIMI KHAN AND OSCAR wrote very sensible posts on such delicate matter. So stop your non sense of earlier rumours of the news. Every one agreed later on that it was 1+1.

The same report can be printed in ten different papers - doesn't change anything. Douzens of reports were printed not only in Pakistani but also international media quoting Pak defence minister as saying only repairable damage to nose of one aircraft -- did that mean that everyone on this board accepted that as fact?? You conclude 1 destroyed and 1 damaged?? based on what? Some anonymous member on a forum? And you accuse me of living in a fools world?

You want to believe 1 destroyed or all destroyed - thats your choice - don't shove it down my throat or present it as fact without hard evidence and there is no hard evidence for that at this stage.

Let's all keep into perspective the position of the Sec of Def.

He is a retired general, not a politician, so he would know all the delicacies well. And Sec Def is a position which has authority over the COAS and other Services chiefs, and he can give them a good bashing, atleast in principle.

So he isn't some average joe talking BS.

248139_380214145406578_369757473_n.jpg

551636_380839708677355_957260648_n.jpg

The same report can be printed in ten different papers - doesn't change anything. Douzens of reports were printed not only in Pakistani but also international media quoting Pak defence minister as saying only repairable damage to nose of one aircraft -- did that mean that everyone on this board accepted that as fact?? You conclude 1 destroyed and 1 damaged?? based on what? Some anonymous member on a forum? And you accuse me of living in a fools world?

You want to believe 1 destroyed or all destroyed - thats your choice - don't shove it down my throat or present it as fact without hard evidence and there is no hard evidence for that at this stage.

I believe what SEC DEF told us, yesterday. If you have any proof that media misquoted his statment, show me the rebuttal of ispr paf or ministry of defence. Rest of your post is just blabbering and confusing as hell. Good luck in rebutting secretary defense statment. Until than continue to live in fools world.

Let's all keep into perspective the position of the Sec of Def.

He is a retired general, not a politician, so he would know all the delicacies well. And Sec Def is a position which has authority over the COAS and other Services chiefs, and he can give them a good bashing, atleast in principle.

So he isn't some average joe talking BS.

Its another thing that he was talking about too many matters at the same time and may not have been too descriptive about either of them.

Its another thing that he was talking about too many matters at the same time and may not have been too descriptive about either of them.

Clutching onto straws here...?

come on guys,,,

there is no point, no fact that we can discuss in this matter.
we have to admit that everyone wont always believe in news that come out with "AS PER MY INSIDE SOURCE" in the very start!! :)

Some sources claim that they are sure on damaged/destroyed aircraft, some claim otherwise....
Instead of mentioning the same things over and over again isn't it better we get over it now and stop pushing others to believe what our source have told us??

There are clearly two groups, one stating that at least one aircraft was lost and the other stating that no COMPLETE LOSS was suffered! I think both these groups can live together fairly easily if we stop pushing the other....

One thing is for sure, there is no public message from the top brass to support either of these two mentalities...:agree:

best regards!

The news of 'total loss' and two burnt to ashes was from Kamra colony and staff living there..
None of high ranking officials ever said anything like that..
Nabil posted an email by ISPR in which they insisted that the official verion of the story stands true...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally I dont find much difference in what we have heard and the official version. There has been official rebuttal from theISPR about planes lost and evidence points to it. I think we need to agree to disagree and close this matter for now.
Araz

Well if we have not lost anything at all then why not they show all Saab Erieyes together, like they did with mirages right after the the 71 war. When Indians claimed that they have shot down 6 mirages. What is stopping them now.

The fact is ispr and the armed forces are bunch of liars, they would never reveal the fact, so much to the tax payers money.

Well if we have not lost anything at all then why not they show all Saab Erieyes together, like they did with mirages right after the the 71 war. When Indians claimed that they have shot down 6 mirages. What is stopping them now.

The fact is ispr and the armed forces are bunch of liars, they would never reveal the fact, so much to the tax payers money.

There is a difference between the need to respond to an enemy's claim and responding to a handful of immature kids on an internet forum. And when was the last time you paid any taxes or for that matter made any money? Please don't take yourself too seriously.

Who told the press any way that 2 Erieye's are lost? From where the hell did this figure come from? And we are refuting the claims of ISPR only because they did not line up their fleet?

And lining up of Mirage and F-104 fleet after the 71 war was logical since they were IAF's claims but what we have here? Press claims? What rubbish is this?

Okay so one was written off and one damaged, right?

The most detailed official statement came from the Defence Minister who said that there was damage to the nose cone of one SAAB - damage had been assessed and was deemed repairable in house although the aircraft would be sent abroad so repairs could be checked. No official source has ever confirmed any additional Saab as written off and no official source has given any more specific details than this or said anything to contradict this.
The rest are rumours mostly on forums like this. There are people on this forum who soon after the attack argued aggressively that two Saabs were toast and one badly damaged. They then changed to one destroyed and one damaged. Some of them are now desperately trying to prove one destroyed ----- like everyone else - you can make your own mind up.

I met a very distant relative today for the first time, he was in PAF for sometime when he was in Pakistan.
He still have a lot of friends in the military (Army and Air Force).
He said that one Eriye was severely damaged and that PAF asked Saab to provide parts, but Saab told them that it would take them 4-5 months before they can deliver the parts (Probably because Saab 2000 is not in production anymore)

He didn't say IF PAF ordered the parts or not, who knows PAF might just slap the Eriye system on the "training and transport" Saab 2000.

Back
Top Bottom