What's new

The 5 Most Deadly Navies in Asia

Enjoy dude, these are moment of joy on PDF , to bad we dont see VS threads these days ....
Although this particular post by this author is complete rubbish, but at least we get some relaxed time from otherwise highly charge PDF from troll and counter troll. :p::p::p:

My list of the Top 5 Asian navies ( including U.S)

Based on their Naval capabilities & capacity to execute the necessary missions
1. U.S. Navy
2. JMSDF
3. People’s Liberation Army Navy
4. Indian Navy
ROK Navy

Based on their ability to win a Naval war in Asian waters
1. U.S. Navy
2. People’s Liberation Army Navy
3. Indian Navy
4.JMSDF
5. ROK Nav
y

Based on the quality standard of Naval forces
1. U.S. Navy
2.JMSDF
3. ROK Navy
4.Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN)
5.People’s Liberation Army Navy

China still has a very long way to go.

It's too early for us to make a favorable showing on such lists.

Compared to the USN, yes.

But comparing with others, we are overwhelmingly stronger.

So, how chinese ? Even Russia didnt able to make the list, lol.

Because it is in Asia only, where the USN has their big toys such as the Nimitz class CVNs and the Ohio class SSBNs packing there.

Whereas Russia is mostly focused on Europe, so their Pacific Fleet is not that impressive in comparison.

Irrespective of specific ranking about notches other than USN which has heavy military bases in Asia, I think the list is fair because the OP has already emphasized on quality and naval administrations which are as important as the capabilties of the hardware themselves

Just imagine you may have a Lamborghini but a lousy driver and sloppy garage mechanics. So the power of the car is more than offset by the poor qualities of manpower
330_zFibG9yrIii5GffzCG99_large.gif

My list of the Top 5 Asian navies ( including U.S)

Based on their Naval capabilities & capacity to execute the necessary missions
1. U.S. Navy
2. JMSDF
3. People’s Liberation Army Navy
4. Indian Navy
ROK Navy

Based on their ability to win a Naval war in Asian waters
1. U.S. Navy
2. People’s Liberation Army Navy
3. Indian Navy
4.JMSDF
5. ROK Nav
y

Based on the quality standard of Naval forces
1. U.S. Navy
2.JMSDF
3. ROK Navy
4.Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN)
5.People’s Liberation Army Navy
And that is with Japan's constitutional limitations. I don't think smaller navy means you have lesser chance of winning wars. Especially if your opposition is using soviet junk. Naval war is not about numbers but about fire power, stealth and flexibility. This is my ranking:

1. US navy
2. Japanese navy
3. Chinese navy
4. Indian navy
5. ROK navy

Coming decade this will stay the same while Japan's navy move closer to US navy in rank. China will lack behind more in tech and quantity thanks to resurrection of Japan's military. India's navy will also move up in rank.

And that is with Japan's constitutional limitations. I don't think smaller navy means you have lesser chance of winning wars. Especially if your opposition is using soviet junk. Naval war is not about numbers but about fire power, stealth and flexibility. This is my ranking:

1. US navy
2. Japanese navy
3. Chinese navy
4. Indian navy
5. ROK navy

Coming decade this will stay the same while Japan's navy move closer to US navy in rank. China will lack behind more in tech and quantity thanks to resurrection of Japan's military. India's navy will also move up in rank.

I want to see more cooperation between Turkish Navy and Japanese Navy ! :)

Why are the Indians fuming here, this is just one list, China ranking at 2 won't hurt you. What a funny bunch of people.

Russia is also in Asia (vast Siberia). Russian pacific fleet can easily take on any challenge (other than US navy !).

It doesn't matter whether Indian navy is not as technologically advanced than others on the list, Indian navy can beat all navies in Asia except USN and Chinese Navy. India has made up in number for technology. And with huge investments by India, technology should be with the Indian Navy within a decade or so

It doesn't matter whether Indian navy is not as technologically advanced than others on the list, Indian navy can beat all navies in Asia except USN and Chinese Navy. India has made up in number for technology. And with huge investments by India, technology should be with the Indian Navy within a decade or so

That's true, at least Brahmos will be a big threat to the defensive navies like JMSDF and ROKN.

Indian navy is battle hardened, while JMSDF and ROKN are not.

They are purely defensive.

For example, the JMSDF is only specialized to be the Asia-Pacific branch of the anti-sub force for the USN, they don't specialize on anything else.

I think the ROKN is also created to assist the USN.

Yeah, they are not made to fight on their own.

We conquered French Indochina in 5 days, the Symbol of British Power (Singapore) collapses to is in 7 days. The Dutch , we eviscerated as well. The force that drained our resources were the Americans. It was the US Navy that broke the Imperial Navy. Thus I have utmost respect for their adaptive ability and capability.

JMSDF --- we only really fear one power --- the USN.

Even the PLAN -- we do not fear them as much as the USN.
I think outside the US, Japan and Australia, there aren't many people that really get the size, scope and nature of the Pacific naval war in WWII. Started out reasonably even, but by the end, IJN had been reduced to a punching bag.

We talk about carrier construction sometimes - during the war, the US produced 27 aircraft carriers in the 30,000 ton class, in addition to producing 211 subs, 349 destroyers, 48 cruisers, 10 battleships, 100+ lighter carriers, and ~80,000 landing craft. Numbers vary a bit by source, but pretty impressive. There were some qualitative advantages by the end, but mostly Japan lost due to being wildly outproduced.

No one anywhere builds like that now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom