What's new

The 5 Most Deadly Navies in Asia

It mean the Singapore take better care of their navy. India AF is way too army oriented.

Not to belittle RSN or anything.
Singapore has a smaller navy to begin with and how much "care" does it need anyway that is comparable to IN.
With respect to anti-piracy operations and the multiple belligerent nations all around India I am forced to think otherwise.

What does "India AF is way too army oriented" mean?

Not to belittle RSN or anything.
Singapore has a smaller navy to begin with and how much "care" does it need anyway that is comparable to IN.
With respect to anti-piracy operations and the multiple belligerent nations all around India you would think otherwise.

Considering its packing one of the most advanced ships this side of the pond, I reckon they need way more care than the standard Indian Navy ship.

Not to belittle the IN, but you guys ain't exactly known for "safety." In this area.

Considering its packing one of the most advanced ships this side of the pond, I reckon they need way more care than the standard Indian Navy ship.

Oh really? On what category are IN ships not comparable or better than RSN ships?

Not to belittle the IN, but you guys ain't exactly known for "safety." In this area.

Please don't take the hyperbolic media reports as the gospel of truth naval accidents happen all over the world they are just not as exaggerated as ours is.

Oh really? On what category are IN ships not comparable or better than RSN ships?

Please don't take the hyperbolic media reports as the gospel of truth naval accidents happen all over the world they are just not as exaggerated as ours is.

The Formidables for one.

All your points are valid, and I do agree that it was unfortunate that the author did not include the Indian Navy, as it is indeed a powerful naval force. If i had to attempt to explain the author's analysis -- probably he was referring to the Asia-Pacific Rim nations' navies. In an analysis of the Indian Ocean Region, am sure the Indian Navy would be #1 in that list.
He clearly specified that he was referring to "navies that operate regularly in Asian waters" . And according to him it's not limited to Asia pacific. And Indian ocean region is included in his analysis & he makes it crystal clear in the initial part of his article . He also gave the reason for leaving Indian Navy out.

Russian Navy ( with a potent submarine force especially SSNs ) > JMSDF > ROK navy.

China is ruled out solely because they don't have an operational carrier and their submarines are worst when it comes to creating a noise.

I am Here for Enjoyment :D
Me too:cheers::cheers: Every indian in this forumis thinking WTF , IN not in top 5 Navy in Asia??? By the way i am also in that Indian list:enjoy::enjoy:

He clearly specified that he was referring to "navies that operate regularly in Asian waters" . And according to him it's not limited to Asia pacific. And Indian ocean region is included in his analysis & he makes it crystal clear in the initial part of his article . He also gave the reason for leaving Indian Navy out.
So you agree with the author assumption????

Me too:cheers::cheers: Every indian in this forumis thinking WTF , IN not in top 5 Navy in Asia??? By the way i am also in that Indian list:enjoy::enjoy:
So you agree with the author assumption????

Every so called "analyst" is free to make his/her own analysis based on his/her own research and findings.
And i certainly don't agree with this article not because IN( Indian Navy) was not included in it but because of the author's flawed reasoning skills in making an arbitrary ranking system with arbitrary indicators & parameters used for ranking different Navy.

We conquered French Indochina in 5 days, the Symbol of British Power (Singapore) collapses to is in 7 days. The Dutch , we eviscerated as well. The force that drained our resources were the Americans. It was the US Navy that broke the Imperial Navy. Thus I have utmost respect for their adaptive ability and capability.

JMSDF --- we only really fear one power --- the USN.

Even the PLAN -- we do not fear them as much as the USN.

Nothing to fear now. We got your back!

Back
Top Bottom