What's new

Thanks to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan's Recognition of Israel Is Now Inevitab

Are you joking. Most Pakistanis I encountered in Saudi Arabia say we are now different from Indians.

Pakistani Punjabis have intermarried with Pathans and Sindhis. There are huge difference between Pakistanis and Indians.

Are you trolling deliberately? Where did I say that Pakistanis and Indians are the same people? I have done nothing else in this thread (on this topic) other than wishing for Pakistan and Pakistani s not to associate ourselves with India and anything Indian.
Are you even reading what I wrote? I wrote that many Pakistani Punjabis and Indian Punjabis are indistinguishable in the eyes of the regular Westerner and that many share close ties, not to mention the whole migration post-1947 similarly to Pashtuns across the Durand line and Baloch people. Is this really so difficult to understand? It is common knowledge.

Are you trolling deliberately? Where did I say that Pakistanis and Indians are the same people? I have done nothing else in this thread (on this topic) other than wishing for Pakistan and Pakistani s not to associate ourselves with India and anything Indian.
Are you even reading what I wrote? I wrote that many Pakistani Punjabis and Indian Punjabis are indistinguishable in the eyes of the regular Westerner and that many share close ties, not to mention the whole migration post-1947 similarly to Pashtuns across the Durand line and Baloch people. Is this really so difficult to understand? It is common knowledge.
Most Pakistanis such as myself hate being associated with India.

I don't mind Afghanistan/Pakistan or Af-Pak region.

India is a completely different culture especially Southern or Eastern Indian culture.

Things that are in conflict with Islam= wrong
Things not in conflict with Quran= good and heritage carry on
Dumb Wahhabis add anything part of our culture that is not Arab into the mix

A lot "pre Islamic" wedding ritual's have nothing against Islam but since it's pre Islamic or "Hindu" they make it a target

Lived in new York state (multiple cities) a good portion of my life have never ever seen anything like this - I swear on my life I am speaking 110% from my experience

Yes around 9/11 it was different
Okay then you tell us or maybe give us an example the wahhabis say is wrong in our culture but it is okay??

migration post-1947
A very painful experience for most Punjabis of Pakistan. Memories of it are still alive in the tales of it told by our elders.

Indian side has even made museums for this. Too bad our side is busy sucking up to Amreeka.

Give us $10 billion dollars no questions asked, and we can do that.

Okay then you tell us or maybe give us an example the wahhabis say is wrong in our culture but it is okay??

A very painful experience for most Punjabis of Pakistan. Memories of it are still alive in the tales of it told by our elders.

Indian side has even made museums for this. Too bad our side is busy sucking up to Amreeka.

For his likes anyone that does not follow Hindu-derived rituals is a imaginary "Wahhabi". By his logic all Pashtuns, Baloch and a substantial amount of Sindhis are all "Wahhabis". You cannot take such nonsense seriously. Let me just state that I have ancestral/family ties to what is modern-day KPK and Sindh (distantly Punjab as well) with plenty of relatives in Punjab but no relation to anyone/anything in what is modern-day India.

I agree. We are lacking on this front.

Because they'll be in a lot of trouble if we ally with our neighbor Iran, as we naturally should. There is no charity in geopolitics.

In which alternative universe would they be in trouble? You do realize that they have the entire Arab world, most of the Muslim world and most powerful nations backing them? You want 1.4 billion big India to ally with them fully or what for the sake of 80 million big and sanctioned Iran that has done nothing but backstabbing us and currently are busy courting the same Indians?And what exactly are you alluding to? That Iran (which has never been at war with any Gulf nation in its history) and Pakistan will join hands and invade Arab lands?:lol: Is this some wet dreams of yours or what? Because it is as realistic as India and China teaming up and invading Pakistan.:lol:

It's the Saudis, they can make it a 100 no problem. Imagine the real estate Nawaz will be able to buy with that money in London. How many new housing societies by our favorite developer.

Yeh bhi hai.

On second thought, no, don't do that. Kaunsa koi woh paisay hamary pas anay hain.

Who is "our"? Pashtuns and Baloch don't engage in those rituals.
They engage in thier pre Islamic ritual's no one stop them from it, add chitrali , gilgit people to the mix
A bunch of things in pashunwali could even be considered unislamic, and it comes from pre Islamic times too

Start hammering them to get rid of it, when you do than come back and lecture us
Neither do many Sindhis.
Go to their weddings and Sindhi Hindu weddings
compare - you'd be surprised
So don't speak in the name of Pakistanis. I don't celebrate those Hindu rituals nor did my ancestors.
We are a diverse country from gilgit to Karachi, we all have different experiences

One experience can't represent us all- there's no single Pakistani thaught, opinion since I am a pakistani I represented my thinking, it doesn't represent all of Pakistan just like you do not represent all of Pakistan
Yes, so we should call ourselves Desis
Cause I am Desi - I am not Indian but I am desi that's what my people have been calling themselves for 100s of years, this is part of Thier identity, and it ought to be recognized as such

But "Pakistan" is not a Desi country more than half our country is not, I would say a good 65% is not, I have had multiple arguments on this with people and would fight this too

Pakistan should never ever be identified with this identity, it takes away from majority of the country- individual groups in it can be but never ever the country, we are way too big for that

and not Pakistanis, call our restaurants for Indian rather than Pakistani, watch Indian Bollywood and associate ourselves with Indians.:lol:
No this ofcourse wrong - pakistan first, I agree with you wholeheartedly
What is it with you and "Wahhabis"? You keep mentioning it all the time. I am not a Wahhabi whatever that is. I don't know anyone who calls himself that.
Ignore it if you're not and won't mention it again - but usually they " shame" by calling basic things Hindu
If your logic is Islam = Arab culture, then that is your problem, not mine. And even if Islam was equal Arab culture what is wrong with following Arab culture? You don't seem to have a problem with following Hindu rituals.
Nothing wrong with following Arab culture that is part of Islam- it's beautiful and we should 100% follow it cause it's part of faith
But it should not be weaponized to kill off things that has nothing to do with religion, you calling our wedding ritual's Hindu thus ought to be removed (eventhough many are not in conflict with religion) is weaponizing and hurtful
I suggest reading the article I posted, it deals with your community (US Pakistanis).
Yes 9/11 it was bad, people were getting shot at for being Muslim pakistani
Sure, as if the regular American gora can distinguish between a Punjabi Pakistani and a Punjabi Indian Sikh.
I can and that's all that matters - we partitioned because of those differences

again relationship with Israel should not be a point of contest in Pakistan's politics, creating relationship with Israel does not in any way reflect that someone betray the Palestinians, working with them the Israeli's on various sectors can help Pakistan and its economy.

Patang festivals were criticized by them for being unislamic, our wedding ritual's are another thing that has become a point of contention

If working with China and America hasn't helped, what magic does Israel have? Ideally the foreign policy must represent how the nation feels about the world and its inhabitants. Even if in practice that's not the case. If we budge on all such stances based on principle it would seem like we are running a business rather than a country.
If you don't know what good relationship with Israel can bring, then you my friend has no idea about the Israel nor its grip of Washington, every Economic power around the world.

I don't know what the big deal is, Turkey has relations and nobody makes a fuss out of it. Pakistan should have good trade relations with everyone. It will make you prosperous and less of a target.

I don't know what the big deal is, Turkey has relations and nobody makes a fuss out of it. Pakistan should have good trade relations with everyone. It will make you prosperous and less of a target.
Turkey is by far the worst example to justify the recognition of Israel.

Turkey is by far the worst example to justify the recognition of Israel.

They always want poor countries to champion ethics whilst everyone else enjoys the money.

Palestine have relations with India and nothing is said about Kashmir so its about time Pakistan woke up and smelled the coffee and have good relations with everyone.

Patang festivals were criticized by them for being unislamic, our wedding ritual's are another thing that has become a point of contention
Yes my own mom welcomed a bahoo with the whole rice kicking thing. It made me so fuking angry bro. Almost lashed out right there.

If absolutely grosses me out. Makes me wanto to puke.

Pakistani weddings are fuked up. Mentally people still want to be Indians. Sh!t like that does not belong in a Muslim household.

Baaki I'm not asking everyone to wear a thowb at their wedding or do the sword dance. If that's you think I and Khan2727 means.

well, it seems that the cat is gradually coming out of the bag.
The whole scenario of regime change is coming to the fore, it seems IK wasn't wrong.

Opinion |

Thanks to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan's Recognition of Israel Is Now Inevitable​

Pakistan can't afford to remain the last Sunni Islamist bastion resisting Saudi normalization with Israel. But the country's rulers, both political and military, want safeguards against a frenzied domestic backlash

The visit to Israel of a group of Pakistani-Americans and Pakistanis last month has mainstreamed the debate surrounding the formalization of ties between the two countries. From newspaper columns, to blogs, to YouTube videos, to Twitter threads in the local Urdu language – all are dedicated to the discussion. While the most visible narrative still betrays Islamist hyperbole and antisemitic hysteria, even the hyper-nationalist internet fora in Pakistan have found space for arguments in favor of recognizing Israel.

You can read the whole article at the newspaper's website with subscription.

extremely unlikely.....Even Ahmed Quesh e Makkah has lost his job too, owning to public pressure.

But it looks to me that Israel is enjoying this whole saga as its bringing up this over and over again. @Horus

Back
Top Bottom