What's new

Thank you people of Bangladesh.

Dear Al Zakir, you are right Afridi aint Imran or Wasim, but I DID NOT expect any "SPECIAL RECOGNITION" from anyone, but it is plain simple indecent and repulsive to ignore local support completely, while before the match they said they do expect a lot of local support. I was expecting either dont mention anything about FANS or thank all the people (Pakistan & Abroad) at once. Normal stuff, u know !

But anyways Thanks all of you who noticed this fact and saw the point.

come on Yaar, I don't think he meant to hurt your feelings, but I on behalf of 170 million Pakistani's wish to thank the awesome support our Bengali brothers offered us, we may be apart, but our hearts are one.

Is there any other game Pakistan match in Bangladesh? :undecided:

Bangladeshi are very emotional and if people felt left out because Afridi didn't thanked them for creating home like crowed then they may not support Pakistan in next match out of anger. Even if the do, it will not be such grand scale. :disagree:

Is there any other game Pakistan match in Bangladesh? :undecided:

Bangladeshi are very emotional and if people felt left out because Afridi didn't thanked them for creating home like crowed then they may not support Pakistan in next match out of anger. Even if the do, it will not be such grand scale. :disagree:

Nope. semi finals and onwards is india

There will always be some Bangladeshi people who will support Pakistani people. The same can't be said about people from another South Asian country, who will not let an opportunity go by to malign Pakistan and Pakistani people

Always knew Bengalis would support Pakistan despite our past, Pakistanis and Bengalis see each other mainly as brothers dare i say it but from my Pakistani perspective we treat like as a younger brother, interactions between Pakistanis and Bengalis tend to be heated at times depending on the people but whenever someone from a diff nationality gives them grief Pakistanis would be on their doorstep at an instant to back their case.

May Allah bless both nations!

For your overwhelming support to Pakistan during the Pakistan-West Indies Match at Mirpur. Long Live your Country and Ours as well.
Flag-Pins-Bangladesh-Pakistan.jpg

“Bangladesh Zindabad, Pakistan Zindabad”

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s cricket team enjoyed massive crowd support at the Sher-e- Bangla National Stadium Mirpur, Dhaka as it convincingly beat West Indies by 10 wickets in first quarter final of the 2011 World Cup.

Right from the start, the 25,000-capacity stadium was fully charged and supported only one team and it might as well have been a home game for Pakistan. Afridi’s men might face a different prospect as they head for the semis in Mohali, India but for the moment they were thankful to the fans.

“We would really like to thank all the people who came out here to support Pakistan,” Man-of-the-match Mohammad Hafeez said.

Many Bangladeshi youth had painted their faces green and white, waved Pakistani flags with their own and chanted “Bangladesh Zindabad, Pakistan Zindabad.”

While Pakistan’s crushing win over the Windies will be a moment of joy for their followers, it will also be sweet revenge for the Bangladeshi fans who had seen Darren Sammy’s side record a thumping win over the Tigers in the group stage of the World Cup.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/03/23/“bangladesh-zindabad-pakistan-zindabad”.html

Look, I thank all u ppl who recognized the fact that there were many bangladeshi ppl supporting pakistan, now the match is over, and if u heard Hafeez and Afridi in the presentation, they both actually ended up ignoring the crowed and just thanking the few ppl who have come from Pakistan... this is shame and I doubt the sincerity, afridi and co loves to ignore fans from other part i guess.

Or am i missing something ?

I agree with you and understand how you feel, we as British Pakistanis get no recognition at times even thou we pack the stadium to the rafters and make the greatest noise/chants out of all nationalities yet when the presentation begins not one words is mentioned about us and infact takes a presenter like Nasser to mention that fact to the captain. Afridi should have thanked the B'desh support but maybe he didn't realise about them due to it being a high-stake match where his reputation is on the line as he was focused on the game and mistook the fans for being Pakistanis.

Really, if i am not mistaken, afridi ignored the srilankan crowed as well. I think many of u heard the presentation today, din't any of u understood how afridi + hafeez ignored the local crowed? even the ppl in the stands gone quite when they both dedicated their thanks to visitors from pakistan only??? or is it that none of u really dont wanna say it? o Common !

Thank you Bangladesh!

Honestly I was stunned to see huge crowd supporting Pakistan, painted the flag of Pakistan on their bodies and dancing as they were cheering for their home town.

Thank you very much, we will remember this forever

Thank you Bangladesh!

Honestly I was stunned to see huge crowd supporting Pakistan, painted the flag of Pakistan on their bodies and dancing as they were cheering for their home town.

Thank you very much, we will remember this forever

Zahid Bhai
I think you are Pakistan supporter and was expecting special recognition by Afridi and others but you are feeling left out because he didn't mention about Bangladeshi supporters.

Look not everyone like Imran Khan and Wasmim Akram. But I understand your sorrow.

Nevermind Afridi was grasping to reply in his broken english :) and he is not good with the words.

We have opened a thread to thank you and everyone is thanking you thats what matters. if you remember when we won 92 world cup Imran khan was so emotional he that he only talked about his dream of building hospital and he even forget to thank his team players :)
so happens

well done bros, you cheered like pakistan, thank you for that

If you see any Bangladeshi to hate Pakistan, then:

- he may be hard core AL supporter,
-or can not move forward forgetting the past,
-or need something to feel proud by recalling the past history only,
-or badly exposed to daily hate-Pakistan theory by some media,
-or Pakistan leaved a bad impression of herself here in 71 by killing some innocent Bangladeshis.

Generally, Bangladeshi people are good and generous by nature. We need to know each other better, because still we have misconception about each other.

2011-03-23-22-03-29-February.......Twenty%20Three%2077.jpg

My friend was in Stadium, he told that the whole stadium was supporting team-PK.

Anyway, here is another thread on same topic: http://www.defence.pk/forums/cricket/99698-thank-you-people-bangladesh.html

If you see any Bangladeshi to hate Pakistan, then he may be hard core AL supporter, or can not move forward forgetting the past, or need something to feel proud by remembering the past history only, or badly exposed to daily hate-Pakistan theory by some media.

Generally, Bangladeshi people are good and generous by nature. We need to know each other better, because still we have misconception about each other.

I thought that was applied only for India (daily hate-India theory by your media)

Back
Top Bottom