What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

IMG_3711.JPG
IMG_3712.JPG

The U.K.'s New 'Tempest' Stealth Fighter Project Already Faces Serious Challenges

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...hter-project-already-faces-serious-challenges

TFX to the "rescue" of UK military aviation industry. I wonder if these coop will soon be expanded to partnership in new drone programs too. I smell lots of oportunities after Brexit for Turkey and UK to expand on its colaboration. BAE systems would have much to offer TAI or Baykar... and Turkey would make those projects financialy vialible

I think lots of this potential hindges on May and Tories staying in power.

Last edited:
The U.K.'s New 'Tempest' Stealth Fighter Project Already Faces Serious Challenges

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...hter-project-already-faces-serious-challenges

TFX to the "rescue" of UK military aviation industry. I wonder if these coop will soon be expanded to partnership in new drone programs too. I smell lots of oportunities after Brexit for Turkey and UK to expand on its colaboration. BAE systems would have much to offer TAI or Baykar... and Turkey would make those projects financialy vialible

I think lots of this potential hindges on May and Tories staying in power.
I dont know about drone programs but my dream is for UK companies and Roketsan/sage to jointly develop hypersonic missiles. Hypersonic missiles will be a game changer and Turkey should acquire the technology before it is restricted by large powers like nuclear. And the UK also wants them on the tempest.

I dont know about drone programs but my dream is for UK companies and Roketsan/sage to jointly develop hypersonic missiles. Hypersonic missiles will be a game changer and Turkey should acquire the technology before it is restricted by large powers like nuclear. And the UK also wants them on the tempest.

Yeah, you are right. I just gave example of drone programs as one of potential new avenues of coparation. Now in this post-Brexit time and subsequental atmosphere (UK looming economic fallout after Brexit, strained realtionship with the EU... ) , I think there's a real oportunity for Turkey to develop strong strategic relationships with UK in many fields. Benefiting both UK and Turkey.

Also worth mentioning that UK was one of strongest supperters inside the EU for Turkish membership, if I remeber corectly, feom Blair, CAmeroon to the latest administration. And inside of NATO,too. I know for a fact for example that UK and Turkish share position on the issue of the Balkans, Bosnia esspecially cause its seen as the most probable future focal point of new confrotation with Russia in Europe.

---------------------

this paper goes in much greater detail about the prospect of above mentioned subject and touches many fields of potential partnership and benefits for both countries, for those interested

Negotiating Brexit: The prospect of a U.K.-Turkey partnership

https://www.brookings.edu/research/negotiating-brexit-the-prospect-of-a-u-k-turkey-partnership/

Last edited:
This engine means a plane like Jas Gripen.
There are three variants of F404.

Performance is as follows:
IN20 > RM12 > 102/402

JAS39 uses RM12. 102 is an AJT favourite, but the least powerful and the right engine for Hürjet.

They will use f110 engine which Turkey use on their F16 and produce it under license.. it will be even more maneuverable than f16..

No, she will use a F404 class engine. The lowest output of F110 is 29000 lbs.

No, she will use a F404 class engine. The lowest output of F110 is 29000 lbs.
You are right bro, because of payload, i also think that it will not use f110, they just mentioned that wet thrust of engine, which confused me. F404 sounds like is the one..

What about possibility of a new engine? May be the one which is used in TFX.
No bro, it will be 2 times bigger and more powerful than this.. you need a totally new design and tests for that..
actually, once you have 5th generation fighter against another 5th generation, the maneuverability becomes very important as they both will see each other when they are close to each other.. Thats why single engine will not survive..

Back
Top Bottom