What's new

Textbook biases: ‘Our schools are extremism factories’

Totally B.S article.

Currently the fashion in the world is the more you bash Pakistan the more you get paid, the author just wanna earn a quick 5 cents.

Yara, what you say is largely true.

However we must realize that in Pakistan (regardless of other countries in the region) have so far failed to uphold human values such justice, equality, fairness for all ethnic ore religious groups.

Some of the fault thus goes to the text books, and a lot of the blame should go to society at large.

Peace

Yara, what you say is largely true.

However we must realize that in Pakistan (regardless of other countries in the region) have so far failed to uphold human values such justice, equality, fairness for all ethnic ore religious groups.

Some of the fault thus goes to the text books, and a lot of the blame should go to society at large.

Peace

I agree but this is absoulute wrong that Pakistani textbooks injects hate.

P.S I totally agree Pakistanis regardless of their ethnicity or religion must be treated equally.

I agree but this is absoulute wrong that Pakistani textbooks injects hate.

P.S I totally agree Pakistanis regardless of their ethnicity or religion must be treated equally.

quick question for you.

Did you ever get a chance to volunteer in a Pakistani school, during your trips back here?

If the answer is yes, please share your experience.

If the answer is no, I highly recommend it for your next trip. That will be a huge eye opener as to how our youth is thinking these days.

Their country ,their textbook why should I have problem .
If they consider us enemy then good for us or if they consider us neighbor then my sympathy with them.

Your country your books, Keep what ever you want....

Where Majority of Indian kids study English medium (Basically CBSE), Majority of Pakistani kids study Islamic syllabus made by Zia-ul-Haq and his offsprings..

Why are u bluffing..
What is in textbook in Pakistan

The truth of Pakistani education

I do not get youtube. Not much of an inconvenience. Glad that I do not have to reply to propaganda hacks. I believe @Talon has done a good job answering you already. Good going Talon.

You want a response? Get something in writing, properly referenced by someone credible. I can answer well enough then.

In any case, having an urdu-medium education did not keep my father from excelling in his field of expertise. I find my English-based education to be a plus, but that is not something that actually decided much of anything for me. I would basically be the same person.

Y'all study in English - good for you. Why do you suppose it gives you any reason to gloat? If anything, you are much more given to complexes and a love-hate relation with things English. You have no right to pass judgement upon others. What are you???

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if all books are biased, but religious books are definatly biased. when I was in grade 7 I remember reading about horrible things written against non muslims

Nothing new when Pakistan names its missiles after those that slaughtered hindus and destroyed hindu temples they really are a sick people

"
When I read history, I can not but think how Hindus must have felt in the days of Kingdoms, warfare, and Muslim over-lordship. Granted Muslim kings of North India ably defended their territory against Mongols (until Taimur's killing spree), and that they brought important social changes and stability to a fractured Sub-continent. But still, we in Pakistan in our charged feelings about India do not stop to consider the Hindu experience. That is why I have mixed feelings about names like Ghauri, Ghaznavi, & Babur when applied to military hardware. These kings were interested more in Territory, loot, and establishing dynasties (not M. S. Ghauri in this particular respect though), than morality. For these Turks religion was merely an excuse, not necessarily a motivation. As long as we in Pakistan use these names, we should not expect a rational and cool response from across the border.
"

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...han-fight-india-v-pakistan.html#ixzz2XRh5weWA

not sure if all books are biased, but religious books are definatly biased. when I was in grade 7 I remember reading about horrible things written against non muslims

What did you read, and where did you read it. In interest of improving our knowledge about Pakistan's education system, please do enlighten us.

Yeah. a primitive tribal living in cave, or on top of tree may not care much about Pakistan.

But those in the world, who have global view, do want to see a HUGE country with almost 200 million population to be a peaceful global citizen.

I hope you get it now.

No disrespect intended.

peace

Well, if you look at the world...each has its own basket of problems...so technically nope they dont give a crap...

I have heard SOME locals here even mistake Malaysia for being in the middle east and a handful told me that Pakistan is in the middle east when they asked why dont I understand Arabic :unsure:

So, I am not even going to think of what they think of Pakistan on the level you are talking about :rofl:

@Aeronaut, this little whinny Tikolo needs a quick fame, give him one.

Background checks please...

Perhaps the confusion created by these textbooks is best illustrated by @Chak Bamu's own post. Teaching children universal values is an excellent idea. Does teaching them that one religion is legitimate, and that the followers of all others are enemies in the making amount to a universal value that should be taught? Or that the country's existence is defined by the need to be different and separate? If so, how will the children taught like this ever look at anyone not a Pakistani Muslim with anything but suspicion and hatred?

Is this what is good to seek and to achieve?

Your country your books, Keep what ever you want....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ktaPM4r-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhtHU2jchNM

Where Majority of Indian kids study English medium (Basically CBSE), Majority of Pakistani kids study Islamic syllabus made by Zia-ul-Haq and his offsprings..

Why are u bluffing..
What is in textbook in Pakistan

What is in textbook of pakistani school??1/4 - YouTube

The truth of Pakistani education

pakistani education vs indian education system analysis - YouTube

Nice source... do you know tatiq fateh also claims tht india has a culture of rape? as for textbooks are you nuts? nowhere in the textbooks do they say non muslims are evil or anything... islamic studies is all abt islamic verses and stories of Prophet Mohammad PBUH and his companions...I studied the same textbooks and completed by graduation ... and no im not anti jewish or even anti hindu or anti christian... i wonder why i didnt become a so called fanatic? why wasnt there any extremism before the WOT reached in our neighbourhood and engulfed our country? the answer is simple... the anti Pakistan policies,wars on muslim countries,invasion of afghanistan and the hypocrisy of the united statesdrone strikes,.... disreguard of human lives and violation of our laws among other things..

Why is religion being taught in school? There are Masajid and Madaress for that -- but wait, we are not teaching religion, no, we are teaching history -- OK, but why from the point of view of a particular religious interpretation??

Yes, Us and Them is a constant them, but whatever happened to WE? How come We is not extended to humanity and limited to those of a particular religious interpretation??

Why is religion being taught in school? There are Masajid and Madaress for that -- but wait, we are not teaching religion, no, we are teaching history -- OK, but why from the point of view of a particular religious interpretation??

Yes, Us and Them is a constant them, but whatever happened to WE? How come We is not extended to humanity and limited to those of a particular religious interpretation??

You are following Jeffersonian school of thought here.

I wish Pakistanis understand Thomas Jefferson and adopt some of his ideals.

peace

You are following Jeffersonian school of thought here.

I wish Pakistanis understand Thomas Jefferson and adopt some of his ideals.

peace

I thought I was following my conscience -- and I must admit I know very little of Jefferson, but on your suggestion, I must learn more about his thought

Back
Top Bottom