What's new

Textbook biases: ‘Our schools are extremism factories’

The sole purpose of one whole book is to inculcate in immature minds the half-baked propaganda of the state. No other people are so confused about their identity as the children and even the adults of Pakistan, the more the children are taught who they are not the more they get confused and ask who they really are. Nowhere in this article the writer mentioned India but you have dragged it into this discussion. The writer of this article is just saying that the children should be taught in the schools that those Pakistani who are, fortunately or unfortunately, not the followers of Islam are not the enemies of Pakistan, they are as patriotic Pakistanis as the followers of Islam can be. When the children are taught in their schools that kafirs are the enemey of islam ka qila they may automatically assume that the non-muslim Pakistanis are also our enemy. The write is emphasizing on education and strongly believe that an educated society can more easily and successfully fight the religious extremism and intolerance. He is saying that textbooks should be designed to teach children universal human values and make them good citizens. So, where is the problem?

1. Look at the thread title & the title of the quoted article.

2. You have all the answers to your rambling in my post in the first place.

3. Non-Muslims are not required to study Islamic studies. Pakistan studies is not compulsory in some cases.

4. Typical post by an Indian. Uni-dimensional, assumptions & bias doing the talking. Pathetic.

Oye @Hyperion @Secur - I confess that I used to doze off during my Pakistan Studies (Social Studies) & Islamiyat classes but I sure as hell wasn't in a comma that I missed out on all of that ! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your country your books, Keep what ever you want....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ktaPM4r-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhtHU2jchNM

Where Majority of Indian kids study English medium (Basically CBSE), Majority of Pakistani kids study Islamic syllabus made by Zia-ul-Haq and his offsprings..

1. Look at the thread title & the title of the quoted article.

2. You have all the answers to your rambling in my post in the first place.

3. Non-Muslims are not required to study Islamic studies. Pakistan studies is not compulsory in some cases.

4. Typical post by an Indian. Uni-dimensional, assumptions & bias doing the talking. Pathetic.

Why are u bluffing..
What is in textbook in Pakistan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb5ZzcU5l10

The truth of Pakistani education

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftG22sPJBlI

Accord on the link, in India

Accountancy | Biology | BusinessStudies | Chemistry | Economics | English | Geography | Hindi | History | Mathematics | Physics | PoliticalScience | Psychology | Sanskrit | Sociology | Urdu

Accountancy | Biology | BusinessStudies | Chemistry | Economics | English | Geography | Hindi | History | Mathematics | Physics | PoliticalScience | Psychology | Sanskrit | Sociology | Statistics | Urdu

English | Hindi | Mathematics | Sanskrit | Science | SocialScience | Urdu

English | Hindi | Mathematics | Sanskrit | Science | SocialScience

English | Hindi | Mathematics | Sanskrit | Science | SocialStudies | Urdu

English | EnvironmentalStudies | Hindi | Mathematics

English | EnvironmentalStudies | Hindi | Mathematics | Urdu

English | EnvironmentalStudies | Hindi | Mathematics | Urdu

English | Hindi | Mathematics | Urdu

English | Hindi | Mathematics | Urdu

Yes we commonly have six subjects right from fourth standard

three languages
English, (International language)
Hindi,(National language so people of all states know hindi)
Kannada (Regional language or Mother tounge and depends on the state. For eg i am from Karnataka and Kannada is
my mother tongue)

Three subject
Mathematics
Science (It is divided in to Physics Chemistry and Mathematics)
Social Science (It is divided in to History, Geography, Economics and Civics)

Over all the CBSE and ICSE syllabus are tough and very competitive and the state syllabus are more easier :) (I belong to state syllabus)

LAHORE:: The biases and prejudices in school textbooks are one of the main reasons for the radicalisation of young people and poor quality of education in Pakistan, said academics and civil society activists at a conference here on Wednesday.

“Discrimination is a national issue and these discriminatory texts are a constant threat to our society,” he said. “I believe that all the primary schools in our country are factories fuelling extremism in our children.” Peter Jacob of the NCJP said that school textbooks painted non-Muslims as the enemy. “We want our teacher to tell our children that minorities or people from other religions or countries are not our enemies,” he said.

“People here who used to deny that Pakistan was an extremist society no longer deny it after Gojra and the Asia Bibi and Rimsha [blasphemy] cases.” Other speakers said that the best way to counter the extremism was through good teachers and good schools. “Educationists must play their role in changing minds through education. I believe our generation needs values more than anything else,” said Dr Christy Munir, the principal of FC College.

“The only way we can become a progressive nation is to be an educated nation. We know that the only tool we have against extremism is education and if there is no education, there will be no peace,” said Father Emmanuel Yousaf, a peace activist.

“There is a huge difference between early and current society. Everyone should respect the changes in society and one should not impose his or her beliefs on others,” said Syed Nisar Safdar, a Supreme Court advocate and social activist.

The speakers said that current education and curriculum policy should be reviewed to remove discriminatory teaching materials and practices. Besides imparting knowledge, textbooks and teachers should focus on teaching students universal humanity and responsible citizenship. Religious education should be removed from public schools, or at least minority students should get an equal opportunity to study their own religion. And the role of religious minorities in the creation and development of Pakistan should be incorporated in the syllabus, the speakers said.

Around 100 people attended the event at Ambassador Hotel.
Published in The Express Tribune, June 27th, 2013.

Textbook biases:

I dont think so our children learn anything from their text books... but more out of fear propaganda spread by the religio mullah class that we unnecessarily hold in high esteem as if they know/hold the key to success in hereafter.

however, discrepancies in this regard should be looked into and eliminated.

The sole purpose of one whole book is to inculcate in immature minds the half-baked propaganda of the state. No other people are so confused about their identity as the children and even the adults of Pakistan, the more the children are taught who they are not the more they get confused and ask who they really are. Nowhere in this article the writer mentioned India but you have dragged it into this discussion. The writer of this article is just saying that the children should be taught in the schools that those Pakistani who are, fortunately or unfortunately, not the followers of Islam are not the enemies of Pakistan, they are as patriotic Pakistanis as the followers of Islam can be. When the children are taught in their schools that kafirs are the enemey of islam ka qila they may automatically assume that the non-muslim Pakistanis are also our enemy. The write is emphasizing on education and strongly believe that an educated society can more easily and successfully fight the religious extremism and intolerance. He is saying that textbooks should be designed to teach children universal human values and make them good citizens. So, where is the problem?

Dude I living abroad read some simple books and looked through my cousin's books (at least those in the English medium)

Mind you I didnt find any crap...Seriously, What sort of mentality is this...Accuse another nation (Pakistan) of fueling crap against yourself (India)

Your country your books, Keep what ever you want....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ktaPM4r-g
Sun news...nice...The guy giving the interview looks baffled himself...He is unsure what is being taught and is taken for an interview... :rofl:

Typical to expect this from you...You cant even distinguish between Pakistan and Afghanistan a school from a madrassah :blink: look at the 2nd video you posted from CNN (just believe what they say, thats the way...coz they are showing you Afghanistan which is saying hatred stuff about USA YET they have an American interviewing them? Neat!)

Ok..as an Indian you tell me what he is talking? He is not even speaking in Urdu...Man you really like to look like a fool time and time again..

Where Majority of Indian kids study English medium (Basically CBSE), Majority of Pakistani kids study Islamic syllabus made by Zia-ul-Haq and his offsprings..

Why are u bluffing..
What is in textbook in Pakistan

What is in textbook of pakistani school??1/4 - YouTube

The truth of Pakistani education

pakistani education vs indian education system analysis - YouTube

Dude I living abroad read some simple books and looked through my cousin's books (at least those in the English medium)

Mind you I didnt find any crap...Seriously, What sort of mentality is this...Accuse another nation (Pakistan) of fueling crap against yourself (India)
Look at the videos posted in this thread before talking.

Besides anything else Pakistan needs to come to terms with itself & the fact that its here to stay.

This persecution complex must go. It speaks of a nation unsure of itself and having to reassure itself every now & then to get an emotional recharge.

Yes we commonly have six subjects right from fourth standard

three languages
English, (International language)
Hindi,(National language so people of all states know hindi)
Kannada (Regional language or Mother tounge and depends on the state. For eg i am from Karnataka and Kannada is
my mother tongue)

Three subject
Mathematics
Science (It is divided in to Physics Chemistry and Mathematics)
Social Science (It is divided in to History, Geography, Economics and Civics)

Over all the CBSE and ICSE syllabus are tough and very competitive and the state syllabus are more easier :) (I belong to state syllabus)
In some degree the same in China,
for 5 or 6 years Primary school:Chinese, mathematics,English, science,computer operation, sports, Complex,art, music, character, reading, writing, labor activities,safety education.

3 years middle school: Chinese, mathematics, English, sports, physics, chemistry, biology, history, geography, politics, economics, Information technology and PC operation, art, music, safety education,labor activities;

3 years Senior middle school:Chinese, mathematics, English, sports, physics, chemistry, biology, history, geography, politics, economics, Information technology and PC operation,Literature and art, safety education,labor activities;

Here we go again. Calling somebody Indian is the worst insult you can inflict on your adversary - this is the deadliest arrow all the self-proclaimed Pakistani patriots carry in their quiver. I am totally humbled now.

This world will be happy with our text books if we remove Islam and put sexuality in them

Besides anything else Pakistan needs to come to terms with itself & the fact that its here to stay.

This persecution complex must go. It speaks of a nation unsure of itself and having to reassure itself every now & then to get an emotional recharge.

Spoken like a true Indian intellectual (read and Indian newspaper guy who is utterly un-educated about Pakistan).

Oh Bhai logo,

Pakistanis it seems like too secure and too sure and thus too full of $hit.

This is why, Pakistanis kids grow up on conspiracy theories straight from the Islamist and Communist @rses.

That my friend is the true source of all the ills that Pakistan is suffering.

Our youth is so sure about Islamist causes and thus too full of $hit that we claim to be more faithful to Palestine cause, even more than Palestinians

We are more faithful to iranian cause, even more than Iranians themselves.

We are more faithful to Makkah Madeena, even more than Saudis.

We as a $tupid @rsed nation, were more faithful to Ben fing Laden than the Arabs themselves.

We were more with Sad-Damn (big billboards before GW-1 on Pakistani roads) than Iraqis themselves.

Need to see more examples?

god help us that our $tupid government added more faithfulness to world over causes when they exploded nukes.

Talib@stards are the lot who think in their pee-brains that they can take on the mighty America. They are mad as hell with the rest of Pakistan as to why we do not use the ultimate weapon and rid the world of all the "Western evil". and surprisingly majority of the $tupids in our nation agree with them.

Can you imagine, the level of confidence (misplaced that is) to do so?

I mean most of the Indians would be $hitting in their pants if a single drone was circling over India.

And here these $tupid @rse Talib@stards who are getting daily "injections" of hell fire and they are still on.

What we need is to be a little less "secure" about the future of Pakistan, and a bit more "realistic" about the world.

And I do not know if any text book can help alleviate this dreadful condition.

Only

God can help us and bring us back to our senses.

peace

Here we go again. Calling somebody Indian is the worst insult you can inflict on your adversary - this is the deadliest arrow all the self-proclaimed Pakistani patriots carry in their quiver. I am totally humbled now.
Sorry arrow aimed wrongly :ashamed:

This world will be happy with our text books if we remove Islam and put sexuality in them

I hope that is sarcasm! We have enough crimes against women as it is!

Back
Top Bottom