What's new

Tejas Mk2 team targets 2017 for first flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
no offense that's the problem with the Indian government it under funds your BIG projects, and so it drags out for too long or fails

just look at Kaveri engine. to develop and build a advance jet engine from scratch costs billions, but the Indian government has only spend less than a billion on the project over 2 decades.

and the F-35 is in a whole different class than Tejas Mk.2 or Mk3 and UCAVS are the future but you are still going to have 5th gen fighters til 2040-50

1 trillion is for thousands of F-35 over 40 years of operation.
the freaking F-35B is what killing the whole thing.

I have not heard of HAL complaints of lack of funds for Tejas. Govt. and IAF liberally give money to HAL.

Kaveri engine is being delayed as it is slightly overweight and is being modified accordingly.

Nobody in their sane minds is going to compare an F-35 with a Tejas. But F-35 without air superiority fighters may be shot down in a dogfight with a Tejas. ( Not accounting for BVR )

the 180 odd F-22 cannot provide cover for 1700 odd F-35 that would be procured for USAF, USMC and US Navy.

If 5th gen fighters will continue till 2040-50 then the next decade certainly does not belong to UCAV.

Can a predator or reaper shoot down even a F-16 Blk 15 which is now an ancient and outdated model ?

I would like Tejas to be like euro fighter or rafale. 4th generation with very low RCS and high agility 5+ ton payload with very low fuel consumption with a decent range and a sophisticated Radar with effective EW suite.

No There may be 2 different test. Akash is tested in different scenario.
Sir it was same Test..
One view is from DRDO and other from "The Express" from Test range.
While the DRDO officials claimed that the missile met all mission parameters, sources at the test range told ‘The Express’ that the missile failed to destroy the target due to delay in take off.

I would like Tejas to be like euro fighter or rafale. 4th generation with very low RCS and high agility 5+ ton payload with very low fuel consumption with a decent range and a sophisticated Radar with effective EW suite.

Tejas MKIII will be better than them...
For this to happen we need to encourage Tejas program, FOC or not IAF should have started Mark 1 induction in airforce.
Having 20-40 in force will surely improve Mark 2, and all such knowledge and confidence helps in indigenous development.

By the time pathetic junk II (i mean tejas MK II) takes first flight , We'll have JF-17 block II "deployed" and will be working on JF-17 block III inshallah....

As I would always say,go develop an ultralight aircraft in your country before mocking a fourth gen fighter.And don't boast too much about JVs-developed in china,utilizing Chinese wind-tunnels & having Chinese Avionics.

why 2017 make it 2100 ,you guys have all the time in the world hope our enemies wait till Mk2 is inducted so that they can wage war after it is inducted,these HAL needs to learn from ISRO

As I would always say,go develop an ultralight aircraft in your country before mocking a fourth gen fighter.And don't boast too much about JVs-developed in china,utilizing Chinese wind-tunnels & having Chinese Avionics.
The problem is they can't accept truth, their feel so inferior in front of companies MKI's against their JF-17, same thing ....So they need some false illusion to pride off.

It was Mig 21++ at the time of IOC 1 as per IAF chief nayak. He said that they have waited for a long and thus do not want a partial platform. When he made this statement, Lots of test were pending. Release trials were made at low speed. LCA was flying at 17*AOA.

Now cold whether trial success. LCA is flying at 24* AOA and have done Mach 1.6. Release trials are made at fast speed. Jet has improved a lot since than.

You are talking in PAF fan language here

In IOC1 LCA flew only at 17 deg AoA, upto 3G pull at low speed not because LCA can achieve only those limits.
I mean if a kid is driving a maruti 800 at 20km speed in driving school. It doesn't mean that 800 cannot achieve 60kmph of speed. Overall capability of LCA have to come, as after FOC pilot will test it beyond its limits.

Many bloggers are saying that LCA's FOC will be delayed too long because there are 1700 parameters on which LCA has to be tested. But the fact is that most of these parameters are insignificant, as 9G pull, for which no modification required. Only few parameters remain to test.

Most of these parameters are test by DRDO/HAL by themselves before giving it to the IAF.

Yeah sure .. Keep crying but before tht do develop lca o the AJT ..:lol:

MK-1 is in production line. March 2014 was 1st delivery schedule. And to clear FOC they need to come out of production line. Thats why even FOC date is postponed.

No FoC was delayed because few parameters were not achieved in given time frame but that usually happened all over the world. FOC doesn't delay due to LCA's delay from factory.

IAF gave order of 20 LCA few months after achieving the IOC1. So current LCAs which are in production line are of IOC2 standard. That is first squadron. And another 20 LCAs were order in FoC standard after the completion of IOC2. Same time IAF put requirement of 89 mk2.

Yeah sure .. Keep crying but before tht do develop lca o the AJT ..:lol:

Meh...done back in 60s..

20091119120745SURYA%20KIRAN%20ON%20GROUND.jpg

Lol good for you keep tht in the air coz lca ain't gonna fly anytime soon forget imaginary mk2

Again,another retarded statement ?

LCA flew for the first time in 2001 and is in series production now!!

LCA+assembly.jpg

Again,another retarded statement ?

LCA flew for the first time in 2001 and is in series production now!!

LCA+assembly.jpg

How many in service "now"? How many actually produced "now"... Retarded statements.. Huh.. First induct a single god forsaken unit before talking nonsense.."now".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom