What's new

Tejas, JF-17 among 108 Aircraft confimed to be participating at the Bahrain International Airshow.

Indeed true. And Saab doing everything to kill LCA Mk.2.

Do you have?

For starters, show me a pic in PAF colors JF-17 equipped & flying with WMD-7 pod.

The obligation of proof lies with the claimant.

As for the WMD-7, why do we need a picture of it flying as proof of its integration with the JF-17? The fact that the pod has been displayed with the JF-17 at airshows, as well as the JF-17's ability to drop laser-guided bombs, are testament to that.

As for the WMD-7, why do we need a picture of it flying as proof of its integration with the JF-17? The fact that the pod has been displayed with the JF-17 at airshows, as well as the
Astra+Astra+active+radar+homing+beyond-visual-range+air-to-air+missile+%2528BVRAAM%2529+developed+by+the+Defence+Research+drdo+india+lca+su30mki+%25282%2529.jpg

By the same argument, can we consider this Astra already integrated with LCA?

JF-17's ability to drop laser-guided bombs, are testament to that.

Never displayed.[/QUOTE]

As for the WMD-7, why do we need a picture of it flying as proof of its integration with the JF-17? The fact that the pod has been displayed with the JF-17 at airshows, as well as the JF-17's ability to drop laser-guided bombs, are testament to that.

Will you show me video or anything else, when JF-17 dropping LGB equipped with Laser Targeting Pod.

BTW, LGB can be dropped even without targeting pod by using forward air controller.

After govt. had conformed 120 (LCA Mk -1 & Mk -1A),LCA basing threads had been increased many fold, it will be interesting to watch JF-17 & LCA Tejas flying in same airshow.

After govt. had conformed 120 (LCA Mk -1 & Mk -1A),LCA basing threads had been increased many fold, it will be interesting to watch JF-17 & LCA Tejas flying in same airshow.
Do you know why and when your arch enemy makes fun of your weapon system ?

Guys both JF-17 and LCA are going for the airshow display, not in a war against each other.
The interesting parties read brouchers, discuss technical features and prospects, and the air display is for the consumption of the public.

China have developed JF-17 for the export with the pakistani and its her priority to get maximum order and is marketing JF-17 agressively lead by Pakistani and flown by pakistani pilots. LCA however was never meant for the export nor India had the export policy, however I don't think India is yet ready to showcase herself as the weapon exporter. If we could induct MK-1A quickly in IAF, and develop MK-2, the export prospects could become highter. MK-2 with naval and advaced LIFT, with israeli, french, russian, and some indian weapons and radars options. It could target the Grippen segment pretty cool.

Last edited:
Astra+Astra+active+radar+homing+beyond-visual-range+air-to-air+missile+%2528BVRAAM%2529+developed+by+the+Defence+Research+drdo+india+lca+su30mki+%25282%2529.jpg

By the same argument, can we consider this Astra already integrated with LCA?

No, but you are amalgamating two different ideas into one premise. The Astra has not been deployed aboard the Tejas because the missile itself is still being tested. On the other hand, the WMD-7 has been deployed on aircraft other than the JF-17 and the JF-17 has also undergone integration with Chinese systems (via prototype #6). Hence, especially with the WMD-7 following the JF-17 in almost every airshow/exhibition, it is not unreasonable at all to assume that the pod is, for all intents and purposes, operational aboard the JF-17.

Will you show me video or anything else, when JF-17 dropping LGB equipped with Laser Targeting Pod.

BTW, LGB can be dropped even without targeting pod by using forward air controller.

Why the obsession with video footage?

Bulgaria to be offered JF-17 fighter by Pakistan | IHS Jane's 360
It has seven underwing/fuselage hardpoints, and is equipped with an internal GSh-23-2 twin-barrel cannon. Weapon options include up to four PL-5, -7, -8 or -9 short-range air-to-air missiles (AAMs) or four PL-12/SD-10B medium-range AAMs; two C-802A anti-ship missiles; two anti-radiation missiles; five 500 kg bombs; twin launchers for up to eight 250 kg, MK-20, GBU-12 or anti-runway bombs; single 1,000 kg bomb or GBU-10; or up to three mission pods.

And yes, forward observers can designated targets for laser-guided weaponry, but it's highly doubtful that a jet designed to be as versatile as the JF-17 would rely on such methods for future operations against insurgents.

The Astra has not been deployed aboard the Tejas because the missile itself is still being tested. On the other hand, the WMD-7 has been deployed on aircraft other than the JF-17 and the JF-17 has also undergone integration with Chinese systems (via prototype #6). Hence, especially with the WMD-7 following the JF-17 in almost every airshow/exhibition, it is not unreasonable at all to assume that the pod is, for all intents and purposes, operational aboard the JF-17.
How you can prove this, even during current programs by Pakistanis Jurnos reporting PAF base, this clearly shown the JF-17 even doing combat sorties in waziristan without targeting pod.

Why the obsession with video footage?
Because only after that I consider your argument as authentic. Otherwise your argument is Null & Void.

And yes, forward observers can designated targets for laser-guided weaponry, but it's highly doubtful that a jet designed to be as versatile as the JF-17 would rely on such methods for future operations against insurgents.

It is proved beyond doubt JF-17 equipped with no targeting pod.

No, but you are amalgamating two different ideas into one premise.

Neither any Targeting pod, hell not even anykind of AShM till this date deployed with JF-17.

Dont look like you know nothing how the CAS op need to be done.

How you can prove this, even during current programs by Pakistanis Jurnos reporting PAF base, this clearly shown the JF-17 even doing combat sorties in waziristan without targeting pod.

As per my original statement, I had stated that it is not unreasonable to assume that the JF-17 is currently equipped with the WMD-7. So far, information and publicity regarding the JF-17 have been both explicit and suggestive of the WMD-7 being deployed aboard the JF-17.

Because only after that I consider your argument as authentic. Otherwise your argument is Null & Void.

Then, by that logic, GPS satellites don't exist because we don't have videos of them orbiting the earth.

It is proved beyond doubt JF-17 equipped with no targeting pod.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, especially when we do have substantial evidence of WMD-7 being part of the JF-17's targeting package.

Neither any Targeting pod, hell not even anykind of AShM till this date deployed with JF-17.
jf-17_thunder_sd-10_bvr_c-802_anti_shipping_missile_load.jpg

JF-17 is at best a mediocre fighter....even Chinese are not interested in this plane.

I mean, chinese who are renowned for "chinese maal" don't want this fighter/
That alone should tell you about the quality of JF-17.

And the irony is, Pakistanis had zero input in making such a crappy fighter...
The only contribution of Pakistanis in developing Jf-17 is contributing their pilots for testing...:D:D

As per my original statement, I had stated that it is not unreasonable to assume that the JF-17 is currently equipped with the WMD-7.
So your statement is proof? Good.

So far, information and publicity regarding the JF-17 have been both explicit and suggestive of the WMD-7 being deployed aboard the JF-17.
If deployed, then show atleast a pic, and please of JF-17 in PAF colors, not FC-1.

Then, by that logic, GPS satellites don't exist because we don't have videos of them orbiting the earth.
Facepalm, atleast use the right term that is NavStar.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, especially when we do have substantial evidence of WMD-7 being part of the JF-17's targeting package.
It is because there is none.

Maybe you know the difference between Displayed, Tested & Deployed.

So your statement is proof? Good.

Please do not put words in my mouth.

If deployed, then show atleast a pic

Did you not read my post? "So far, information and publicity regarding the JF-17 have been both explicit and suggestive of the WMD-7 being deployed aboard the JF-17."

Facepalm, atleast use the right term that is NavStar.

I was trying to make a point, and since you clearly understood what I was referring to, my jargon has sufficed. On a second note, was I wrong to call them "GPS satellites"? Are they not satellites forming the GPS constellation?

It is because there is none.

Let me repeat: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Maybe you know the difference between Displayed, Tested & Deployed.

Perhaps that picture should make it apparent to you that the C-802 has already been displayed, tested, and deployed.

JF-17 is at best a mediocre fighter....even Chinese are not interested in this plane.

I mean, chinese who are renowned for "chinese maal" don't want this fighter/
That alone should tell you about the quality of JF-17.

The United States Air Force rejected the F-15SE in favor of the F-35. I guess that makes the F-15SE a "mediocre fighter" and speaks volumes about its quality, or lack thereof.

Please do not put words in my mouth.
You not provided any pic, not any video, just statement. And now you expecting me to believe?

Did you not read my post? "So far, information and publicity regarding the JF-17 have been both explicit and suggestive of the WMD-7 being deployed aboard the JF-17."
Nope bro, watch the program of Pakistanis jurnos.

I was trying to make a point, and since you clearly understood what I was referring to, my jargon has sufficed. On a second note, was I wrong to call them "GPS satellites"? Are they not satellites forming the GPS constellation?
Yes it is, GPS is general term, Global Positioning Satellites/System. And NAVSTAR is not reconnaissance SAT, that used for IMINT. This was very childish argument.

Let me repeat: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
Because there is none.

Perhaps that picture should make it apparent to you that the C-802 has already been displayed, tested, and deployed.
Please also prove this.

Otherwise I assume the LCA was deployed on 4 Jan 2001.

Lol, biggest threat to prego planes on strike role are interceptors. Do you know that you spinning something that isn't an issue?
No one cares about CM-400. Many nations have supersonic missiles even Taiwan! SK, Europe. My god the list is big.
Its not a kryptonite! Its no Oniks! The JF-17 fly with photon torpedoes but if its engine gives out in the middle of the ocean, would I wanna risk that! The R-33 is designed for a twin engine aircraft! quick turn around time and take off! R-33 has huge issues in terms of life span, but it costs less.
Whats the RD-93? Same stuff modernized. Still has the same flaw. You wanna know why the Falcrum gave off so much smoke in early years? Because the engine sucked! it burned fuel and leaked it too!
Its not good engine! thats why Russians are NOT building a single engine anything since they do not have the Reliability of GE!
Its bark no bite moment.
You want anti shipping duties, than you should get some heavier aircraft exp, if you gonna work from airfields.
But if what I said don't make any sense to you. I'll speak your language.
CHINA SUPAPOWER CHINA STRONG DRAGON SUPERPOWER!!!
LOL ... i really enjoy Indian bullsh!t here, coz as far as i knew, Indian Airforce now has imported 'Made in Russia' aricrafts more than PLAAF, it means ur India bought many 'crap' Russian jet engines on ur fighters like IAF's Mig29,Mig23,Mig27,Su30mki,Mig25,Mig21 etc.

U think Amercian GE engine is more reliability ?! Google F-16 crash, the 30-year fighter has many crash records on interent, more crash than JF-17 ... just yesterday a Indonesia T-50 jet trainer (Korea export) with single GE engine crashed and killed two pilots, i just say the American didn't give u any promise that their GE engine won't kill ur pilots. U just make me laught !
12375240_1017642004924910_8233250795416965917_o-jpg.280674

Well no sh!te. Its heavy. But if there isn't a difference in weight between the missiles, they may have the same range not less.
Hence why I say, the Brahmos has range of excess 700km which is what 3 tons can do with an airbreathing engine. Like wise you'll not the the YJ-18 or whatever most likely has a 200 KG rail launcher. But just because you see full payload, doesn't mean it makes sense. Something armed with 2 tons of missiles and 2 tons of fuel makes sense for antishipping given the range. 4 tons and less fuel means you'll need mid air refuelling, plus you need to find your target and lets assume PAF sends those Chinese awacs they bought to the arabian sea. You sea the saturated contacts on the screen, 99% are just cargo ships and radars have hard time telling the difference between cargo ship and warship. FYI
ITS a big operation. You fortunate enough to find a warship, you find the queen of the seas! the aircraft carrier Viraat!
Harriers with Derby BVR and Python missiles vs JF-17! Dumb idea isn't it! Your aircraft could get shot down before they get a shot off. The other ships are protected by the carrier and they in turn are her loyal defenders.
The scienerio only works if you arm 1 missile per aircraft. Not to mention other assumptions.
A lighter missile with saturated attacks would be better idea for the JF-17. The CM-400 works well with bombers. Hell even a Flanker has problems with 2.2 tons of Brahmos. Why? Because 1 is not enough! Hence the development of a smaller lighter Brahmos. But this crap is off topic.
LOL ... as far as i knew, the Israel Barak-8 max 90km range, the CM-400 250km range and China YJ-12 & YJ-18 max 300km range ... Pakistan and China has AWACS, that can target the ship and inform JF-17 launch supersonic missile beyond Barak-8 fire range ... anyways I didn't see any photo Barak-8 on Indian ship, so u can wait another years. If u r fool enough to send A.C to China, i think China should deal with our target by DF-21D or DF-26 before use to U.S. (here i doesn't mention China Su-30mkk and Su-30mk2 Indian knew they r good anti-ship platform)
wiki: Barak-8 missile

anti-ship missile carried by China JH-7A and H-6K
2df5e0fe9925bc319556e4395cdf8db1cb13700c.jpg

519_8766_6732765197d64ff.jpg

153048fvy4ska6cgrxsyke.jpg

20130509163417603837.jpg

2006321953234.jpg

Last edited:
IF they can allow JF17 aka Mig21 copy with israeli tech then why not Tejas!

Ecuador fiasco was bcoz of parts problems.
Dhruv new versions are very reliable. Tejas will make cheeni aircraft sweat in Bahrain!

Look at DRDO awacs.. Something Pak cant make in 2-3 decades!

Yeah, if it succeeded to take off properly :azn:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom