What's new

Tejas, JF-17 among 108 Aircraft confimed to be participating at the Bahrain International Airshow.

Dafuq man...That's what called serious Marketing... :tup::tup:
You can check about one promotional video by Saab on YouTube. They even dared to present it like grippen is taking down few su35s. The best part is not ending there,in comment section you will be able to see lot if Swedish guys vigorously defending the video and grippen's superiority over su35s.

JF-17 will fly to Bahrain, like it flew to Farnborough, China, Turkey, and Paris! how is india transporting Tejas?
Like this
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1450643030.207590.jpg

Abhae Aqal kay Andhae. Tejas is a point defence fighter / interceptor. look at its 400 km range. mark my words it will face wvr and The big daddy MKi will be the once to use BVR and all other luxuries.

LOL AoA plays no role in BVR, AoA is only useful in WVR, and for WVR combat we will use our SU 30mki... mig21 bison.
You call yourself A think tank lmao.. hahahaha

So i stand corrected Tejas is a better BVR machine than JF17.

BVR is like using a very long range sniper to kill your enemy at longer distance. BVR means beyong visual range. Tejas will lock and fire at JF17 at longer ranges.

In BVR human factor and jet agility plays no significant role. What counts is stealth, radar cross section , radar range and BVR missile range.

Vedic scientists could send a probe to Mars & develop a fourth generation fighter without a JV partner.Enough said.
Fourth gen fighter with all key components acquired from alot of countries and still that fighter is struggling.
some people don't feel ashamed by talking rubbish

Whats certain is, the same bureaucrats that walk past the JF-17 pavilion will show no interest in Tejas and like wise.
JF-17 is not competing on the same MARKET share as Tejas. Tejas competes against Gripen and used F-16 sales. Gripen is beating Tejas in the same market. The JF-17 is not something I would want an educated, loyal service personal to fly. Its the last option aircraft. It has turn around time and take off but its not a prime choice. Witness to its sales which are to poor countries with little or no option.
Interestingly i'll wait for the Tejas to reach atleast 2 sq and mass prod. before prophesying the extent of its success. What should be understated is the vast testing and prototypes HAL has managed to dish out none with out a crash.

indian are good in fake film making on assumptions and failed in real and outdate third generation teja how they are presenting +30 years old design in fourth and fifth generation market. its same like putting aessa on mirages....

Source: Tejas, JF-17 among 108 Aircraft confimed to be participating at the Bahrain International Airshow. | Page 14
I'm sure you know design?
All designs got back to the first aircraft from the Wright brothers to even earlier attempts. But Tejas is no mirage. Gripen and Tejas share the same BAE design. Dasualt was contracted later on project management and other subcontracts and consultancy. The design of Tejas is pretty good. It has the potential for aircraft operations.
And yea, avionics and electronics are switched out. Hence the JF-17 which is F-7 to its core. Same flaws as well but huge difference in performance largely to the avionics. But its airframe that has to get 1000 hours of rigorous testing.

Whats certain is, the same bureaucrats that walk past the JF-17 pavilion will show no interest in Tejas and like wise.
JF-17 is not competing on the same MARKET share as Tejas. Tejas competes against Gripen and used F-16 sales. Gripen is beating Tejas in the same market. The JF-17 is not something I would want an educated, loyal service personal to fly. Its the last option aircraft. It has turn around time and take off but its not a prime choice. Witness to its sales which are to poor countries with little or no option.
Interestingly i'll wait for the Tejas to reach atleast 2 sq and mass prod. before prophesying the extent of its success. What should be understated is the vast testing and prototypes HAL has managed to dish out none with out a crash.

:rofl: tejas is competing against trucks not jets...

JxOwXWU.jpg

thrust to wt ratio 1.09 in latest interview

CM-400AKG is a slow and High Altitude Missile, Not very effective in present times of Anti missile defense, Countries like Banana republic can afriad with CM 400 .
When did Indian see the video or photos of CM-400AKG hit target , how do u know it's a high altitude missile not ur Brahmos ? Another India wet dream to underestimate China strenght like 1962 ? China like ur wet dream, more pls !

China supersonic missile is the nightmare for enemy ... is it flying high before hit the ship ?:butcher:
yj-18-gif.269419

Last edited:
:rofl: tejas is competing against trucks not jets...
Well its been decades as feels like it still hasn't had its first flight. But yea, Gripen and Tejas share a common history. The gripen is brilliant design. Its a gun, and shoots perfectly. Open architecture and all. The difference between Tejas and Gripen will be in armament. The gripen is limited by European or American weapon systems, while the Tejas and Hal have access to some of the best Russian armament that not even avail to foreign nations like China. The R-77 operated by India and China are not the same.

Well its been decades as feels like it still hasn't had its first flight. But yea, Gripen and Tejas share a common history. The gripen is brilliant design. Its a gun, and shoots perfectly. Open architecture and all. The difference between Tejas and Gripen will be in armament. The gripen is limited by European or American weapon systems, while the Tejas and Hal have access to some of the best Russian armament that not even avail to foreign nations like China. The R-77 operated by India and China are not the same.

Do you believe the shyt you are posting?:lol:

When did Indian see the video or photos of CM-400AKG hit target , how do u know it's a high altitude missile not ur Brahmos ? Another India wet dream to underestimate China strenght like 1962 ?

Source: Tejas, JF-17 among 108 Aircraft confimed to be participating at the Bahrain International Airshow. | Page 14
Don't want to drop in but his point is irrelevant. The CM-400 is 2.5 ton missile. Last I checked the payload of JF-17 is 3.5 tons and i'll believe it because its a lone RD-33 engine. Its useless for JF-17 unless its desperate attempt by PAF to be credible in denying sea lanes.
The air launched bramhos weighs 2.5 tons. Thats an airbreathing engine so you'll get more than 700 KM i'd say. The brahmos NG which is ideal for air launch weighs 1.5 tons.

I believe in my self as educated and intelligent person, yes. Do you have intelligence only limited to one liners?

Don't want to drop in but his point is irrelevant. The CM-400 is 2.5 ton missile. Last I checked the payload of JF-17 is 3.5 tons and i'll believe it because its a lone RD-33 engine. Its useless for JF-17 unless its desperate attempt by PAF to be credible in denying sea lanes.
The air launched bramhos weighs 2.5 tons. Thats an airbreathing engine so you'll get more than 700 KM i'd say. The brahmos NG which is ideal for air launch weighs 1.5 tons.
CM-400 is 2.5 ton missile, WRONG ! - 2,000kg
JF-17 with a lone RD-33 engine, WRONG ! - RD-93 engine

CM-400AKG has 240km effective firing range, JF-17 can carry 2x just shoot and run to attack enemy's ship.
(weight: 2,000kg)

3.jpg
09fa513d269759ee001ba32ab2fb43166c22df8c.jpg

Last edited:
CM-400 is 2.5 ton missile, WRONG ! - 2,000kg
JF-17 with a lone RD-33 engine, WRONG ! - RD-93 engine
CM-400AKG has 240km effective firing range, JF-17 can carry 2x just shoot and run to attack enemy's ship.
(weight: 2,000kg)

Source: Tejas, JF-17 among 108 Aircraft confimed to be participating at the Bahrain International Airshow. | Page 16
Oh wow. Okay so whats is your point? 2 CM-400 missiles are 4 tons. Hence why PLAAF prefers using them from bombers.
Also whats the detection range of the JF-17 for ship targets? whats the range with 2 CM-400?
BTW whats the difference between RD-33 and RD-93? very minimal. Its the same engine for single engine use.
Are you limited by brochures? probably. 2 tons for 240 km is a lot of weight. Give-away for speed I guess.
Now is this anything new? Because the Barak 8 system takes care of supersonic targets. Also, the idea of aircraft cariers is protect against such threats from the air. Missiles are limited to interception within its range.

Back
Top Bottom