What's new

Team USA

Wow. Look at the rich people roster

Weston, Weston, Weston, Harvard, Brown, Princeton, Winsor, BBN, Belmont Hill,etc
geez!

@Gomig-21

Weston, Weston, Weston, Harvard, Brown, Princeton, Winsor, BBN, Belmont Hill,etc
geez!

@Gomig-21

Yeah man, that's the only way to get these athletes the endowment and financing they need to be able to fly round trip and have all expenses paid and training and not only that, but the schools have a very obvious vested interest in they success as it adds to the schools list of accomplishment to be able to recruit new students. No brainer. The poor in community colleges have to raise money and even at that, most are unsuccessful at coming up with the whole amount of $20+ plus.

geez!

@Gomig-21

Bro sorry I missed that post! Crazy.

BTW, I can't friggin believe the Pats are on tonight for their first pre-season game! You gotta be kidding me where the frig did this summer go!?!??!?!? As great as it is to have the NFL back, it sucks also knowing fall is right around the gaddam corner!

Bro sorry I missed that post! Crazy.

BTW, I can't friggin believe the Pats are on tonight for their first pre-season game! You gotta be kidding me where the frig did this summer go!?!??!?!? As great as it is to have the NFL back, it sucks also knowing fall is right around the gaddam corner!

Yeah, but I flipped the channel.

You have to watch this. Make sure you get to the point where he deals with 3 wheels off the wire...and then disconnecting to get passed a tower.

Dude! You are nutz. Use a better strategy to keep the wheels on (like deeper grooves) and a better strategy to fix it other than standing on the wires.

Instead of four wheels...use 4 sets of two. One with shallow and one with deep. That will help with a wheels off scenario and more importantly when you get to the tower one wheel can be disconnected and moved to the other side instead of this crazy suicidal wtf move (a big open hook for his safety line) he was doing.

Oh god it gets worse...a guy on a helicopter skid doing the same thing on live wires.

Last edited:
@Gomig-21

So we did a whale watch boat ride.
I'm out in the middle of the ocean with the skyline not visible and I'm still able to browse the web with Verizon until it finally cuts out. Meanwhile 3 years ago everytime I'm on that redline bridge over the Charles I lose my connection...:what:

Yeah, but I flipped the channel.

You have to watch this. Make sure you get to the point where he deals with 3 wheels off the wire...and then disconnecting to get passed a tower.

Dude! You are nutz. Use a better strategy to keep the wheels on (like deeper grooves) and a better strategy to fix it other than standing on the wires.

Instead of four wheels...use 4 sets of two. One with shallow and one with deep. That will help with a wheels off scenario and more importantly when you get to the tower one wheel can be disconnected and moved to the other side instead of this crazy suicidal wtf move (a big open hook for his safety line) he was doing.

Oh god it gets worse...a guy on a helicopter skid doing the same thing on live wires.

Yeah that's some pretty messed up stuff. Funny thing is I actually know a dude who does things like this for a living. Works with power lines and poles and things of that sort, even grounds them and cuts and reconnects new connections etc. When we're building new houses, most of the stuff now is underground but every once in a while we need to bring it overhead and watching some of these guys dealing with all that voltage (funny they'll always tell you "it ain't the voltage that'll kill you it's the amperage" lmao and I'll be like "yep, I bet you whatever the voltage is there (which is 240 really) there will be plenty of amperage to get you stuck to something and that current just constantly pass through you until someone knocks you off! lol

That carriage had a lot of faults like you said. Would be a GREAT thing to take and improve on it and invent a new, safe one to sell all over the world! You ready?

@Gomig-21
So we did a whale watch boat ride.
I'm out in the middle of the ocean with the skyline not visible and I'm still able to browse the web with Verizon until it finally cuts out. Meanwhile 3 years ago everytime I'm on that redline bridge over the Charles I lose my connection...:what:

I have a couple of spots I'm so familiar with as far as that exact dilemma is concerned. After all these decades of traveling the same routes day after day after day, you learn these silly things loool.

BTW, did you see any whales? Humpbacks breaching? The wife went with you too? Next year InshaAllah bro, we'll get the boat out and go at our own leisure and even do some tuna fishing!

Last edited:
BTW, did you see any whales? Humpbacks breaching? The wife went with you too? Next year InshaAllah bro, we'll get the boat out and go at our own leisure and even do some tuna fishing!

It was pretty good. 4 of those whales with the white flippers. Pretty close to the boat too.

While I did get some pics they aren't the greatest. The crowd was frantically running back and forth from each side of the boat and the kids mostly took the pics while the wife and I sat inside.

It was pretty good. 4 of those whales with the white flippers. Pretty close to the boat too.

While I did get some pics they aren't the greatest. The crowd was frantically running back and forth from each side of the boat and the kids mostly took the pics while the wife and I sat inside.

Very cool & awesome. Yeah post the pics or a few of the better ones if you feel like it. It would be nice to see some of those magnificent giants.

1629900269122.png

I'm guessing you took one of the Boston Aquarium rides? Those are pretty good since the people running the boats from the captain down to the last mate is very informed on all marine life, not just the whales but all sorts of marine life living or migrating through Stellwagon Bank, so you're bound to get a lot of very accurate information on what is going on there. If you see blue sharks that would be awesome to add to your list as those are usually there with the whales on most occasions but seeing them also is a great treat! Ocean turtles (talking about the big ones that really only tiger sharks have the ability to eat them through that shell of theirs lol. Then there's all the other marine life to see and learn about, such a great ride and a lot of fun.

Up this way for us Northshore people looool we have the whale watching tours out of Gloucester. They're also a lot of fun and the ride is shorter than the ones from Boston since up north, the distance is obviously quite shorter to the northwest border of Stellwagon bank. And of course, the shortest is from the wonderful town of Provincetown! But, all that only matters where the whales decide to congregate and feed. Otherwise, it ends up not making that much of a difference.

1629901153479.png

Pray for us down in Louisiana. Ida about to make landfall.

You beat me to it, my friend. I was just going to post something similar because this looks CRAZY when they're saying 145 mph winds and it's only going to get worst in the next few hours! WTF! Louisiana has really taken a beating between Katrina and now hopefully they've set up enough stronger levies and other protection devices and not only that, I keep hearing them say things like "if you plan on staying and enduring the storm then make sure you have enough food and batteries etc." and I'm thinking what the hell kind of drugs are these people on?!?! There should be a mandatory evacuation for all the towns that will be leveled by this thing. This is no joke and not a rain storm, it's a friggin hurricane currently packing 145 mph winds!!! I don't understand that. They can drive to a safe place and park in stadium parking lots in next door states or make arrangements as such, but to not make a mandatory evacuation is absolutely nuts since you know 911 will be jammed and not only that, they won't be able to get to anyone and then when it's all said and done, they'll be knocking on every door to pull people out in body bags! That's if the house is still up! God help these people and this state.

@Hamartia Antidote , why the frig do these gaddam things ALWAYS take a northeast turn up our way once they pummel the southern states whichever it may be Florida, or Louisiana or even Texas? They ALWAYS go straight up that one state and then bear right straight towards us up here!?!?! I can't stand it! lol

Back
Top Bottom