What's new

Team USA

You beat me to it, my friend. I was just going to post something similar because this looks CRAZY when they're saying 145 mph winds and it's only going to get worst in the next few hours! WTF! Louisiana has really taken a beating between Katrina and now hopefully they've set up enough stronger levies and other protection devices and not only that, I keep hearing them say things like "if you plan on staying and enduring the storm then make sure you have enough food and batteries etc." and I'm thinking what the hell kind of drugs are these people on?!?! There should be a mandatory evacuation for all the towns that will be leveled by this thing. This is no joke and not a rain storm, it's a friggin hurricane currently packing 145 mph winds!!! I don't understand that. They can drive to a safe place and park in stadium parking lots in next door states or make arrangements as such, but to not make a mandatory evacuation is absolutely nuts since you know 911 will be jammed and not only that, they won't be able to get to anyone and then when it's all said and done, they'll be knocking on every door to pull people out in body bags! That's if the house is still up! God help these people and this state.

@Hamartia Antidote , why the frig do these gaddam things ALWAYS take a northeast turn up our way once they pummel the southern states whichever it may be Florida, or Louisiana or even Texas? They ALWAYS go straight up that one state and then bear right straight towards us up here!?!?! I can't stand it! lol
Yea my poor city getting pounded. I live within the levee system in Jefferson parish. The eastbank of the Mississippi. The earthen leaves should hold they have been building them up for years since Katrina and l they are marvelous of engineering. But ik there will be alot if damage in the metro. But everything outside the levee. Won't be there Monday morning.

Yea my poor city getting pounded. I live within the levee system in Jefferson parish. The eastbank of the Mississippi. The earthen leaves should hold they have been building them up for years since Katrina and l they are marvelous of engineering. But ik there will be alot if damage in the metro. But everything outside the levee. Won't be there Monday morning.

Allah Be with you and your family my friend and I will say a prayer for you InshaAllah you will all be ok. Please keep us posted. I am watching it on CNN and MSNBC and FOX and just keeping an eye on it as I'm tackling a bunch of other things but I'm quite concerned about the winds of that caliber. The rain is one thing but these winds are a totally different story. Stay hunkered down with the family, my friend.

American Inventors/Inventions

Invention: The first functioning Laser (1960)

Inventor: Theodore Maiman
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 7.26.07 PM.jpg

@Hamartia Antidote & @VCheng & @KAL-EL are you all sick an tired of all this friggin rain and flooding and moisture everywhere? Another rain line to deal with today is just crazy and scary how much water is in the ground already that hasn't had a chance to move along.

I think here in MA we're expected to end up with another 1-1/2" from today's rain and what is supposed to start now I think and into the night. That line was something I don't think I've ever seen before where it looked like a jet stream starting from LA and making a slight cup all the way up to northern Maine. That means everyone along that eastern coast is going to experience rain to some degree or another. I've never seen that!? Ooof, enough is enough.

I hope you all are ok and especially @Kruelwrld , hope you made it through that horrible hurricane and ensuing flooding.

@Hamartia Antidote & @VCheng & @KAL-EL are you all sick an tired of all this friggin rain and flooding and moisture everywhere? Another rain line to deal with today is just crazy and scary how much water is in the ground already that hasn't had a chance to move along.

I think here in MA we're expected to end up with another 1-1/2" from today's rain and what is supposed to start now I think and into the night. That line was something I don't think I've ever seen before where it looked like a jet stream starting from LA and making a slight cup all the way up to northern Maine. That means everyone along that eastern coast is going to experience rain to some degree or another. I've never seen that!? Ooof, enough is enough.

I hope you all are ok and especially @Kruelwrld , hope you made it through that horrible hurricane and ensuing flooding.

Yeah, it has been a crazy summer for many of us, for sure.

Just posted this thread for tomorrow:

Did anybody attend the thunder Over New Hampshire air show last weekend? I attended the show on Sunday and I had a great time. Not only did I manage to see
F-35 up close but enjoyed the demonstration of the F-22 Raptor. I also saw the C-17, C-5, A-10, and the F-15, plus a bunch of other interesting aircraft. Plus, the Thunderbird performance was great as well. Fine weather too.

Did anybody attend the thunder Over New Hampshire air show last weekend? I attended the show on Sunday and I had a great time. Not only did I manage to see
F-35 up close but enjoyed the demonstration of the F-22 Raptor. I also saw the C-17, C-5, A-10, and the F-15, plus a bunch of other interesting aircraft. Plus, the Thunderbird performance was great as well. Fine weather too.

Sounds like an amazing lineup. Did you take any pics?

Waiting for the local one down near Col Springs.. was an avid auto show attendee but since the global supply chain stuff have lost interest in a lot of things.

Waiting for the local one down near Col Springs.. was an avid auto show attendee but since the global supply chain stuff have lost interest in a lot of things.

Glad I'm not the only one! I think in my case, though, it also has a lot to do with age and the level of responsibility undertaken for so many years. It turns into a major burnout factor. I was so interested and involved in so many activities and interests that once I hit 55, the automatic brakes seems to have self engaged on their own! It's weird because you see it happening and you're thinking WTH man and you don't understand it until you go through it for a little while, step back and analyze and then it all makes sense. You just can't go 100% forever lol.

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one! I think in my case, though, it also has a lot to do with age and the level of responsibility undertaken for so many years. It turns into a major burnout factor. I was so interested and involved in so many activities and interests that once I hit 55, the automatic breaks seems to have self engaged on their own! It's weird because you see it happening and you're thinking WTH man and you don't understand it until you go through it for a little while, step back and analyze and then it all makes sense. You just can't go 100% forever lol.
In my case it’s more about the overpricing of everything. Im happy to consider and get an expensive MSRP car - what I am not happy for is paying $20k premium on it due to current supply chain issues. Gotta be a fine line between willing to spend and sheer ridiculousness that is today’s consumer market.

In my case it’s more about the overpricing of everything. Im happy to consider and get an expensive MSRP car - what I am not happy for is paying $20k premium on it due to current supply chain issues. Gotta be a fine line between willing to spend and sheer ridiculousness that is today’s consumer market.

Indeed, I hear that. You know what's happening in residential construction, materials had almost tripled in price once the lockdown was over, then things have somewhat actually normalized to some degree but not like pre-pandemic. But the most incredible thing is windows! Because of glass and other raw materials needed to produce windows and labor shortages, lead times have quadrupled and in some cases, more than that. What used to be 2-4 week lead times from order has turned into 2 to 3 months! This is the kind of thing that will ruin a project's efficiency. The after effects of this pandemic are far reaching.

Last edited:
Sounds like an amazing lineup. Did you take any pics?

I guess you didn't take any pics, ey? Not answering is irritating af, man! lol.

Hey @F-22Raptor ,check out the beautiful and perfect lines on this thing from this view! How about all the locking points on the canopy base? That must be quite secure with all of those.

But what is most impressive to me is the the flow of the fuselage, from the tipy tip tip of the radome and flowing back in all directions is nothing short of almost perfect! Click to enlarge and get a really closeup look.

1632183293095.png

Speaking of secure canopy, I remember seeing pics of a time where the pilot and crew couldn't open the canopy from either side and something was obviously terribly wrong and jammed that neither of them, especially the crew outside, couldn't find a way to have the canopy lift up and ended up cutting out the glass while the pilot was sitting in there getting all sorts of charring and debris flying onto him loooool. And the pic was perfectly timed with him looking right at the camera man in total disgust and humiliation lmao.

But what I distinctly remember is how thick that glass is, about an inch or a little over. I remember reading about the F-16 and how they wanted to make it a one piece canopy for the best visibility when they were designing it and had to run a lot of tests to see how thick and strong they had to make the glass to keep the pilot safe from mostly bird strikes and even flying solid debris, hence the 1 inch thickness of special strength glass. Very interesting stuff.

What do you know, I just found it on F-16 .net.

This is the pilot before the pic I mentioned.

1632183893162.png

1632183955485.png

1632183912065.png

There's a good look at the thickness of the glass.

1632183854772.png

The entire collection here.

Thread has died. Hey Ant, you're excited about tomorrow night's game? What are your predictions?
Brady with 4 TDs and he'll be cheered like crazy while Belichick gets booed out of the stadium lol.

Thread has died. Hey Ant, you're excited about tomorrow night's game? What are your predictions?
Brady with 4 TDs and he'll be cheered like crazy while Belichick gets booed out of the stadium lol.

USA is the favorite villain here days, hence Team USA is not exactly encouraged here for popularity. :D

Back
Top Bottom