What's new

Team USA

Hey were is @Vergennes ? He hasn't posted in a while and I'm assuming the good fella is taking a break as the usual culprits of ahole members who curse countries and the people of those countries have been doing a number on France and on him in many of the threads he's started and participated in with his opinion and of course, any country that dares to tell Turkey to sit on it and rotate is lashed out on vigorously on this board. So if you're getting these tags and reading them, I'm assuming you're taking a break especially with all the crazy stuff happening in Paris ATM and will come back eventually. Cheers.

Hey were is @Vergennes ? He hasn't posted in a while and I'm assuming the good fella is taking a break as the usual culprits of ahole members who curse countries and the people of those countries have been doing a number on France and on him in many of the threads he's started and participated in with his opinion and of course, any country that dares to tell Turkey to sit on it and rotate is lashed out on vigorously on this board. So if you're getting these tags and reading them, I'm assuming you're taking a break especially with all the crazy stuff happening in Paris ATM and will come back eventually. Cheers.

If the French president has no problems advocating anti-Muslim sentiment on such a large platform then you shouldn't have any problem with anti-French sentiment on a minor forum where majority of users are Muslim.

I normally don't have time to get one but I popped in to get it.

Hey happy New Year to you and your family and to all other friends on this thread, @VCheng , @KAL-EL and everyone else I didn't mention you're included in this well wish for a much better upcoming year than the very tough 2020 for most people. I think that even if your employment, housing or any of the things we're used to having undisturbed wasn't affected and for the most part, life pretty much stayed on course for most of us thank God, I think it goes without saying that every single individual on this earth was affected by this virus in some way or another. The degree depends on a lot of factors but I think we all have been affected in some way.

So let's hope with the new year that we're on the upswing and if anyone was deeply affected by the virus, hopefully you'll have the strength and conviction to put the damages behind and move forward in good health and spirits.

Amen to that @Gomig-21 !!

Hope you and yours have a safe and productive upcoming new year.

Thanks, man.

Out of all the memes (or whatever they call them these days) out there that analogize leaving 2020 behind and jumping into 2021, I found this one on Twitter to be one of the better ones, lol.

Busting out of 2020 as hard as possible is like what this RAF pilot had to do out of his Harrier in Afghanistan! :lol:

EqkrxjbWMAQgI4-

@Gomig-21

Nice land...but the house seems understated for the money..maybe they like simpler lives. Those black and white square tiles might be the tipoff.

You know what the problem is with a house of that magnitude? It has so many styles incorporated in it because of its size and abundance of rooms that are individually decorated without a central, classical and timeless theme such as colonial homes for example. Built in times where the interior architecture is still relevant to this day and attracts a certain large portion of the wealthy and upper middle class. Where as something like this needs to be constantly updated to meet that ever so rapidly changing decorative style.

But that's pretty much what it's all about nowadays anyway. Come up with a new and brilliant concept but market it in a way where it needs to be constantly updated with a particular & incremental time frame in mind.

That house is amazing, though, lol. Only $40 mill? :lol:

You know what the problem is with a house of that magnitude? It has so many styles incorporated in it because of its size and abundance of rooms that are individually decorated without a central, classical and timeless theme such as colonial homes for example. Built in times where the interior architecture is still relevant to this day and attracts a certain large portion of the wealthy and upper middle class. Where as something like this needs to be constantly updated to meet that ever so rapidly changing decorative style.

But that's pretty much what it's all about nowadays anyway. Come up with a new and brilliant concept but market it in a way where it needs to be constantly updated with a particular & incremental time frame in mind.

That house is amazing, though, lol. Only $40 mill? :lol:

I'm not sure where to start with it. The outside grounds are amazing and the exterior comes across as tastefully done. Mansion with only a single front door. Interesting...at least it is wide.

I do like the cathedral ceilings in all the bedrooms (my master has one). I like the happy atmosphere the light colored walls give. Love the wide board wooden floors. Master staircase is incredibly understated (why?). Beams in ceiling fine. 9+ foot ceilings.

One kitchen is understated rustic ..but the colors are fine. The other is some plain looking one with those tiles.

Dining room nice, like the circular ceiling. Strange chandelier and chairs though.
Fireplace room fine. Being from California I'm suspicious if he even bothers to light the fireplace (they are real as there are FOUR huge conspicuous chimneys on the roof...but only on one side of the house...lopsided) . I think a large high tech gas one would be better with a minor chimney system.

Not liking the wall to wall carpets upstairs. The huge black and white diagonal tiles are atrocious on the eyes. I guess he doesn't trust cordless phones as old-style curly wired phones are on the walls. Custom Bathroom sinks are silly. Bedrooms surprisingly small for a house of this price. Nothing else pops as it seems typical/traditional other than the marble showers (one with a horrendous ceiling slope in it!).

BTW I wanted to be an architect when I was growing up so I notice these things.

Last edited:
First the rabbit explosion...now the coyotes.

There was a pack of coyotes roaming my parent's Boston neighborhood.

Well IIRC, the area they're at is also surrounded with a lot of parks and little to even large forest areas where they probably come out from. And I'm guessing because of people staying home and the lesser outdoor activities happening out there that they're getting a little ballsy and adventuring and exploring a little further than they usually would.

Well IIRC, the area they're at is also surrounded with a lot of parks and little to even large forest areas where they probably come out from. And I'm guessing because of people staying home and the lesser outdoor activities happening out there that they're getting a little ballsy and adventuring and exploring a little further than they usually would.

They are coming in from Newton and Brookline. They have pretty much roamed around much of Allston/Brighton. Hearing about them in South Boston and Cambridge.
You realize the way you wrote that is synonymous with exactly the way natural selection/natural population control occurs? :lol: :-):tup:

Yep, hope the wolves and mountain lions don't show up next to take care of them. LOL!

We may end up bringing in the elephants

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom