What's new

Tata truck plant near Dhaka

i think they r expending their business in BD. that's good move. and also good for BD-india relation.

Fifth: Tata quality is not that good. Ashok Leland has better quality than tata and has sizeable market in BD. You want to proof take a picture of volvo or japanese bus or truck and take a picture of Tata bus or truck running in BD street. You will get an idea. Cheap always is not good answer Bnagladesh should move away from that.

A few photos of poor quality Tata trucks.

Tata-Prima-pic.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

IMG_6113.jpg

prima-ad2.jpg

Very poor quality i must say. I am sure you could build a better one in your garage, can't you?

Since your Bangladesh brain cannot fathom the context of what it said, let ME spoon feed you a bit. China in the English language is a proper noun for a country in Asia or a common noun for certain kinds of ceramics. There are absolutely no alternative interpretations in any language linking china to chinese companies. Fact is your bangladeshi brain didn't have a clue to what it was talking about, never did have a clue and like most of the posts you have put up here, was just shooting it's mouth off.

Good to know you are still in grammar school. Did not know "copy and paste" practice are taught that early age in india.

Good to know you are still in grammar school. Did not know "copy and paste" practice are taught that early age in india.

But in your country thats still not taught

1000 cr is a very small investment for a Truck manufacturing company. Not sure how much value addition they like to do here.

Tegaz Korea investing 2 bln dollar for their own car manufacturing unit in bangladesh. Also D-8 cars going to hit the market soon.

Korean co to manufacture cars in Bangladesh
A South Korean automobile company unveiled a US$ 2.0 billion plan Monday to manufacture cars in Bangladesh aiming to grab the country's fastest growing market and explore export abroad.

Tagaz Korea, established in 2006, has already purchased 350 acres of land at Bhairab in Kishoreganj to set up its second largest plant in Bangladesh, company officials said Monday.

"We want to start construction work at our site by the next six months and it will be completed within 24 months. We will then go for manufacturing cars," Abdul Mannan Nasir, managing director of Cimillae Development Co, a concern of the Tagaz in Bangladesh, told the FE.

Officials at the Tagaz Korea, a Korea and Russia joint venture automaker, wants to manufacture cars in Bangladesh mainly because of its low labour cost and strategic location for export market.

Bangladesh is enjoying a special facility to European market under EBA (everything but arms) and labour is comparatively cheaper. Automobile industry is a semi-labour intensive industry.

Mr Nasir said Bangladeshi auto technicians, who are quick learners, have average wages between US$300-$400 a month, which is more than double in other developing nations.

He said: "A sedan costs US$ 10,000 in South Korea. But we can reduce the cost here by around $3000 due to cheap labour and other facilities existing in the country."

He hinted that local buyers would get a sedan with 1500 cc engine capacity at Tk 700,000-Tk 800,000.

State-owned Pragati Industries Ltd has also taken a move to assemble Mitsubishi sedan by 2011.

Company officials said CCGI, a Korea-based leading funding agency, will invest in the Bangladesh plant.

Company officials said Bangladeshi partners will have 20 per cent stake in the joint venture.

Tagaz Korea, a comparatively new automobile maker, said around 30 South Korean companies will also set up their plants in Bangladesh to provide major raw materials for the plant.

Company sources said around 400 local companies will also be developed to supply different kinds of accessories for the plant.

Tagaz is currently rolling out over 500,000 cars from its Korea plant a year and it is mostly exported to European market. They are planning to manufacture at least 50,000 cars in Bangladesh's plant a year.

Bangladesh's car market has been growing steadily over the past few years mainly because of the credit facility. The average import of re-conditioned cars is around 30,000 a year.
Korean co to manufacture cars in Bangladesh

1000 cr is a very small investment for a Truck manufacturing company. Not sure how much value addition they like to do here.

Tegaz Korea investing 2 bln dollar for their own car manufacturing unit in bangladesh. Also D-8 cars going to hit the market soon.

First of all its a private firm which is investing there..so its there decision how much money to be invested in your country..and also why such negativity in everything mate?There are plenty of Job opportunities created in your country because of it..But most of the Bangladeshis interested in bashing India rather than seeing the good side of it :disagree:

Since your Bangladesh brain cannot fathom the context of what it said, let ME spoon feed you a bit. China in the English language is a proper noun for a country in Asia or a common noun for certain kinds of ceramics. There are absolutely no alternative interpretations in any language linking china to chinese companies. Fact is your BANGLADESHI BRAIN don't have a clue to what it was talking about, never did have a clue and like most of the posts you have put up here, was just shooting it's mouth off.

What do you mean by the words Bangladeshi brain? Although you are an ignorant Indian, but even then you have every right to negate a post or criticize a post of a Bangladeshi, but you are not supposed to say ****** things about my country, because you yourself are living in a very poor country called India, although you have a few conglomerates.

But, because your country has a few conglomerates, it does not necessarily put all your people in the category of rich people. But, here and in another post you have made deregotory comments about Bangladesh in a way as if you guys are very brainy and have already become very rich.

Why Indians think that way I just do not know, but in Bangladesh people do not die of starvation, people do not become Maobadi and farmers do not commit suicides, as they do in your CONGLOMERATE country called India. I request you to be careful next time. And do not derail the thread, ok?

Come on GUY's...calm down !!
India moves on TATA & Ashok leyland...love to see that too in BD !!
hope it benefits both..BD can export to INDIA & adv jobs created locally.

This Matlub Ahmed of NITOL always talks big about a TATA assembly factory in Dhaka to get some attention from the media. It is TATA who is supposed to make such a statement. I do not personally think that we need any of Indian company to operate here in the name of reducing balance of trade. It is all nonsense.

It is the govt of India which does not allow our exports to enter its market. We have many items that have the power to destroy many of India's industries. But, India says one thing, and does just the opposite of what it says. A very typical Chanakya mind, indeed.

This Matlub Ahmed of NITOL always talks big about a TATA assembly factory in Dhaka to get some attention from the media. It is TATA who is supposed to make such a statement. I do not personally think that we need any of Indian company to operate here in the name of reducing balance of trade. It is all nonsense.

It is the govt of India which does not allow our exports to enter its market. We have many items that have the power to destroy many of India's industries. But, India says one thing, and does just the opposite of what it says. A very typical Chanakya mind, indeed.

U're talking as if ur CHINA !!! :D

East watch apart from Jute industry can you tell me where you can give us serious competition?Yes your country can provide cheap labour and services than us..but you dont have a strong Industrial base to compete with us..get back to reality mate..

U're talking as if ur CHINA !!! :D

China or not, we are capable to compete with Indian textiles and steel in the Indian market. So, instead of ridculing BD as China, better ask your govt to open your market. Take chance with a small BD and see the result. By the way, our textile exports have surpassed those of India about one year ago. Does it perplex you?

China or not, we are capable to compete with Indian textiles and steel in the Indian market. So, instead of ridculing BD as China, better ask your govt to open your market. Take chance with a small BD and see the result. By the way, our textile exports have surpassed those of India about one year ago. Does it perplex you?

Just want to make clear that..Indias export become less in many areas because of the strong internal market..Textiles,Cashews and many more sectors which we used to export now interested in Internal markets rather than exporting..and also why don't we both open our markets and see who is going to survive the competition ;)

East watch apart from Jute industry can you tell me where you can give us serious competition?Yes your country can provide cheap labour and services than us..but you dont have a strong Industrial base to compete with us..get back to reality mate..

You must not underestimate our strength in some sectors. Here I am talking about the doors that India keeps closed when it is export from BD. Why Indian govt is so worried about our products? Only consumers have the right to decide if certain products are good or not. So, open your doors to see the reaction of your consumers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom