What's new

Tata truck plant near Dhaka

Well, what are the other benefits of TATA?

Dose BD has this amount to money^ to set up a plant alone?

Try to understand the post dude....

Its not the Bangladeshi government that has to pay all of 1000 crore....

FYI, when a multinational company sets up in a country, usually they have to set up at a cost which is bore my them....the host country would provide materials, land, labor and location....you think that comes for free??? NO....it has to be paid for and that is what it is meant by that 1000 crore....

MNCs are usually a benefit to the country and there are disadvantages too....

Cheers!!!

Its always good to keep the base of what you are best at.....

I hope you get my point....

Cheers!!!
No economy is 'best' at anything dude. Even in the US, last time I checked their agri was some 2-3% of total GDP. Point is simple- agri will rarely give you employment or captigal growth rate equal to services. Even in India, only when the share of agri strated dropping that we began to feel safer. rural incomes today, for instance, have lower dependancy on farm incomes than before. So when the rains failed us last year, we generally sailed through coz fewer ppl were earning their bread through agri and lots were earning their money through trade, other forms of services etc. Else, like most years before than, the scene would have been very bad.

No economy is 'best' at anything dude. Even in the US, last time I checked their agri was some 2-3% of total GDP. Point is simple- agri will rarely give you employment or captigal growth rate equal to services. Even in India, only when the share of agri strated dropping that we began to feel safer. rural incomes today, for instance, have lower dependancy on farm incomes than before. So when the rains failed us last year, we generally sailed through coz fewer ppl were earning their bread through agri and lots were earning their money through trade, other forms of services etc. Else, like most years before than, the scene would have been very bad.

Hmm...i understand....

Try imagining a scenario....

...A day when we have to "clone" food so that rice can be made...By 2025 World population will double and farms and agriculture will vanish under the development...so when we tend to feed all of them, what do we do??....may be invent a machine that can produce rice, pulses etc; foods that our people in the Sub-Continent itself cannot survive without...let alone rest of the world.....

I know that was a very UNPRACTICAL situation i have mentioned....but can a day come when you or i can say we that "lets not eat rice anyway....we dont have any farms left...."

Not possible right??....and that was my point....you have to stick to your basics and keep a base of what you will always require....I am not asking to specialize in agriculture as years pass but still fix it as a part of our economy....we need to feed our next generation as well right....???

You are welcomed to refute.....:cheers:

Cheers!!!

Try to understand the post dude....

Its not the Bangladeshi government that has to pay all of 1000 crore....

FYI, when a multinational company sets up in a country, usually they have to set up at a cost which is bore my them....the host country would provide materials, land, labor and location....you think that comes for free??? NO....it has to be paid for and that is what it is meant by that 1000 crore....

MNCs are usually a benefit to the country and there are disadvantages too....

Cheers!!!

Where I told that BD has to pay money and where I told that BD is getting TATA's plant free? You better understand before lecture :angry:.

Look at the post of your quoted below:

Yah, but government should find a way to spend or invest this money....or else the reserve of the idle money are just increasing....even 1/10th of it, like $1.1billion could be used for military procurements each year....we could buy a lot of things with that....i hope the government sees into this....

Cheers!!!

Here we can see that we have well idle money. So I asked can BD set up such a plant alone. But I don't know why you are acting unnecessarily without talking to the point.

It seems money is not the problem but the willingness.

Last edited:
Where I told that BD has to pay money and where I told that BD is getting TATA's plant free? You better understand before lecture: angry:.

Look at the post of your quoted below:

Here we can see that we have well idle money. So I asked can BD set up such a plant alone. But I don't know why you are acting unnecessarily without talking to the point.

In that case....you must have seen the figure and hence, you got your answer....

I am sure you are more intelligent then me to understand what can be done with that $11 billion....isnt it?? :coffee:

Good Luck.....

Cheers!!!

No no, I didn't say agriculture will STOP. All I said was that in a diversified economy, the proportion of agriculture will drop in comparison to others- Let me say you do 3 Rs. worth of agri and 9 Rs worh of other stuff- so that means you have 25% of total coming from agri. But tomorrow you get 4.5 out agri and 95 worth of other stuff, then your agri has gone up but is only 5% of the total is constituted by agri. In the best case scenario, even as ppl are migrating to other sectors, new machinery, production techniques etc. increase the overall productivity of the sector.

Well, what are the other benefits of TATA?

Low labor cost than India?
or
Power supply in lower cost like gas or electricity?

I mean, we already buy our 90% truck from India and India is economically benefited already. SO what are the new benefits?

Analysts said such a manufacturing plant would cost about Rs 1,000 crore.

Dose BD has this amount to money^ to set up a plant alone?

The investment will be done by Tata. Because it will be their plant.

South Africa: Tata confirms plans for assembly plant

Tuesday, June 29, 2010, AutomotiveWorld.com

Tata Motors has confirmed that it is working on plans to set up an assembly plant for trucks in South Africa. This company expects to set up such a facility by the end of the current financial year (31 March 2011).

"We are looking at assembling medium-sized and small trucks there for now," said PM Telang, managing director – India operations, Tata Motors.

Telang added that the initial capacity at this assembly plant could be around 3,000 to 4,000 vehicles per year, according to local newspaper The Hindu. Actual details pertaining to this facility are still being worked out, he said.

At present, the OEM exports between 2,000 and 3,000 vehicles to South Africa annually. Apart from its manufacturing facilities in India, Tata Motors has truck assembly units in Thailand and Bangladesh.

South Africa is Tata Motors' largest export market in Africa, both for passenger and commercial vehicles. The OEM currently sells six passenger car models and 20 CVs in the country. In May 2010, the company accounted for total sales of 439 vehicles in South Africa, making up around 1.1% of the country's automotive market.

Around half the OEM's total sales in the country last month came from the passenger car segment, which accounted for 210 units, while LCVs made up 129 units. In the CV segment, Tata sold 65 medium CVs, 24 heavy CVs and 11 extra-heavy vehicles (XHVs) in May.

Automotive World - South Africa: Tata confirms plans for assembly plant

I am sure you are more intelligent then me to understand what can be done with that $11 billion....isnt it?? :coffee:

Good Luck.....

Cheers!!!

This type of idiots are running amok with idea that $11 billion or so is govt money. This reserve. Get some clue about what currency reserve means.

Second: Awami regime is piling up debt and subsidy obligations in tune of billions on rental power purchase and fuel subsidy. This double edge subsidy aka plundering scheme will run into billions of dollars and will eating away from reserve.

Third: Nitol is private entity and will arrange financing by its own.

Fourrth: Skies has valid point if india/TATA sees it can sell and make same profit without stting up plant then they would not go for plant.
Besides, as iajdani hinted indians talks more than act.

Fifth: Tata quality is not that good. Ashok Leland has better quality than tata and has sizeable market in BD. You want to proof take a picture of volvo or japanese bus or truck and take a picture of Tata bus or truck running in BD street. You will get an idea. Cheap always is not good answer Bnagladesh should move away from that.

Last edited:
What Nitol should do is come up with its own design and product roadmap. Just like China did. That way Nitol can invite Tata or even Chinese or Jpanese company in manufacturing venture for now so later it can realize long term roadmap.

This type of idiots are running amok with idea is that $11 billion or so is govt money. This reserve. Get some clue about what currency reserve means.

First off all, correct your langugae....i wont stop reporting unless you use proper words....

Then, if you did not check that thread, i was talking about idle money and the remittances DIFFRENTLY....i said, money from the remittance may end up on the idle sack and increase it further....$11 billion was the remittance in 11 months and i suggested taking $1.1 billion yearly to invest in the defence sector....if so there would be less chances for that money becoming idle....get the point before you type....

Fat remittance may prove bane of economy

Second: Awami regime is piling up debt and subsidy obligations in tune of billions on rental power purchase and fuel subsidy. This double edge subsidy aka plundering scheme will run into billions of dollars and will eating away from reserve.

Fourrth: Skies has valid point if india/TATA sees it can sell and make same profit without stting up plant then they would not go for plant.

Fifth: Tata quality is not that good. Ashok Leland has better quality than tata and has sizeable market in BD. You want to proof take a picture of volvo or japanese bus or truck and take a picture of Tata bus or truck running in BD street. You will get an idea. Cheap always is not good answer Bnagladesh should move away from that.

And your point of telling me all that is....??? I did not yet say its good for Bangladesh but if this is to happen, i hope it turns out to be a good one....

Bnagladesh

BTW, its "Bangladesh"....

Cheers!!!

This type of idiots are running amok with idea that $11 billion or so is govt money. This reserve. Get some clue about what currency reserve means.

Ya because Indians talk big and work less we created a company (TATA) whose revenues are equal to the size of your whole economy. So we'll ask for opinions from ppl with far lesser accomplishments when we want to. For the time being just feel hapy that the TATAs think you are worthy of their attention.
Do u even know what you are talking about? Are these guys for real?

What Nitol should do is come up with its own design and product roadmap. Just like China did. That way Nitol can invite Tata or even Chinese or Jpanese company in manufacturing venture for now so later it can realize long term roadmap.

a. U don't know the diffrence between a company and a country
b. Nitrol should be very dumb to get into the partnership without considering a long term roadmap to start with

a. U don't know the diffrence between a company and a country

Since your brain can not fathom context of "what China did" means, let me spoon feed you a bit. It means what Chinese companies did. It also draw the reference that many of these Chinese companies are partially or majority own by Chinese govt by proxy or by other means.

You need to educate yourself before jump into internet. Come back when you have done so.

Since your brain can not fathom context of "what China did" means, let me spoon feed you a bit. It means what Chinese companies did. It also draw the reference that many of these Chinese companies are partially or majority own by Chinese govt by proxy or by other means.

You need to educate yourself before jump into internet. Come back when you have done so.

Since your brain cannot fathom the context of what it said, let ME spoon feed you a bit. China in the English language is a proper noun for a country in Asia or a common noun for certain kinds of ceramics. There are absolutely no alternative interpretations in any language linking china to chinese companies. Fact is your bangladeshi brain didn't have a clue to what it was talking about, never did have a clue and like most of the posts you have put up here, was just shooting it's mouth off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom