What's new

Tannishtha Chatterjee gets hit by 'dark skin' slur on TV show, channel calls it unfortunate

It is a form of discrimination, but not a form of racism.

But it does it have its roots in race, no? Light-skinned Indians are descended from Aryans, or Caucasian race, while dark-skinned Indians are descended from a Mongoloid/Australoid race? Some say Dravidians are the original residents of India.

Of course, we can on forever debating this issue, but the core issue is that, whatever the racial differences or skin tone, discrimination of this sort should not be happening in India 2016.

well, generally upper caste Indians (25%) are light skinned and have caucasian facial features. while other indians are tribal and Austroloid Caucasian mix.

brahmins are upper caste people (2.5%). so dark skinned brahmins get bullied by Fair skinned ("original") brahmins regularly.

in this case shes caucasian but shes still dark skined thats why she got bullied.

Dude ..Two things ..there is no caucasian features in india (no offence).. Indians have there own distinct features..
Secondly.. my Question was Why only Brahmins are considered light skin..why not other castes ? .. Thanks

No we are racist, my relatives are racist my family too to an extent.
I hate racism.
We discreminate in the name of Color caste creed region religion money language clothing hair body feature education dialect height you name it.....

Discrimination ruined & kept this country poor and will continue to keep it for years.

If you mean your family when you say "we" then I will accept that.

But Discrimination itself is not racism.

You cannot walk into a Taj Hotel if you are not dressed as per their standard. You can say they practice discrimination.

You cannot walk into a temple with your chappals, so that too is discrimination.

Discrimination by itself cannot be labelled bad. We practice discrimination everyday when we pay a janitor much less than a software engineer.

OR when we reward hard work and discriminate against the lazy.

Even animals discriminate on the basis of looks, that is why babies of ALL creatures are born looking cute. It helps in their survival.

That is why Flowers have beautiful colours and smell, it helps them survive.

We are expected to discriminate between good food and rotten food by using our sense of smell.

We have evolved to mate with beautiful women and strong men to ensure survival. That is why we discriminate.

Eventually all practice of discrimination is just a means of survival. This means we can never have a society where discrimination ends. They can only HIDE their discrimination under the guise of "acceptable social behaviour" i.e. we can avoid a ugly person, but we cannot call him/her ugly.

Dude ..Two things ..there is no caucasian features in india (no offence).. Indians have there own distinct features..
Secondly.. my Question was Why only Brahmins are considered light skin..why not other castes ? .. Thanks

1)you should google caucasian race.

2) because of Aryan Drividian theory mostly.and majority of brahmins are light skinned. people from other 2 castes warriors and merchants are also light skinned.

what fake love ? i really love dark skinned girl. pelase not everyone is like you who judge 0eople based on their skin color.
And Muslim invaders loved our women too. They loved our Brahmin women for their fair skin and kept them for their harems .

Hence their feature are still found.

what fake love ? i really love dark skinned girl. pelase not everyone is like you who judge 0eople based on their skin color.

If you really loved dark skin you would not have found the need to declare your "fair skin brahmin" status. :lol:

Its your own hypocrisy that exposes your insecurities.

Post your pic or move along :D
as you wish
images

If you really loved dark skin you would not have found the need to declare your "fair skin brahmin" status. :lol:

Its your own hypocrisy that exposes your insecurities.
read the artical. what hypocrisy? dude i am fair skinned and i am prod of my skin tone. i dont need others approval in any way.

But it does it have its roots in race, no? Light-skinned Indians are descended from Aryans, or Caucasian race, while dark-skinned Indians are descended from a Mongoloid/Australoid race? Some say Dravidians are the original residents of India.

Of course, we can on forever debating this issue, but the core issue is that, whatever the racial differences or skin tone, discrimination of this sort should not be happening in India 2016.

Nope, since there is No Aryan "race". The whole thing is a racist hoax.

Skin colour is purely the result of environment and climate.

Discrimination happens everywhere in the world. Its one of the foundations of survival.

And Muslim invaders loved our women too. They loved our Brahmin women for their fair skin and kept them for their harems .

lo brahmin women killed themselves just like rajput women it was your women who served their herems thats why most of muslims are from your community while it hard to find Brahmin muslims. :lol:

lo brahmin women killed themselves just like rajput women it was your women who served their herems thats why most of muslims are from your community while its hard to find Brahmin muslims. :lol:

not only herems of muslims but herems of brahmins also. your women wanted brahman sperms so bad that they slept with our entire community :lol:. they wanted brahman solders over your own pathetic breed it was their idea that brahmin warriors are better tn your own filthy breed. and its true. because it was brahmins who librated your kin from muslims.

history is my major kid dont go there. i can give you sleepless nightes by just showing your own history.

read the artical. what hypocrisy? dude i am fair skinned and i am prod of my skin tone. i dont need others approval in any way.

The very fact that you continue to Insist that you are "fair skinned" and then go on to declare that you are "prod" (I assume this means proud) of your skin tone PROVES you need others approval. :lol:

Maybe you are just too 'prod' . lol.

lo brahmin women killed themselves just like rajput women it was your women who served their herems thats why most of muslims are from your community while its hard to find Brahmin muslims. :lol:

not only herems of muslims but herems of brahmins also. your women wanted brahman sperms so bad that they slept with our entire community :lol:. they wanted brahman solders over your own pathetic breed it was their idea that brahmin warriors are better tn your own filthy breed. and its true. because it was brahmins who librated your kin from muslims.

history is my major kid dont go there. i can give you sleepless nightes by just showing your own history.

So seem so 'prod' :lol:

Back
Top Bottom