What's new

Talks on with US for EDA including M109 self propelled guns.

Talks on with US for EDA including M109 self propelled guns

The DoD and the Pentagon are about to release a big package for the Pak Armed Forces, this will include a large number of self propelled guns, the numbers being negotiated, are substantial also include targeting systems.
What other things is expected to come other than SP Artillery ?

Source please before we jump the gun
Rafi himself is the source Sir and I think news is true remember Air Chief also mentioned we are in talks with USA for latest F-16 I don't think he was referring to 8 F-16 recently approved for us

Pakistan needs THAAD System to defend it self from Indian aggression.

Talks on with US for EDA including M109 self propelled guns

The DoD and the Pentagon are about to release a big package for the Pak Armed Forces, this will include a large number of self propelled guns, the numbers being negotiated, are substantial also include targeting systems.

Are they considering on getting more MRAP's ?

Rafi himself is the source Sir and I think news is true remember Air Chief also mentioned we are in talks with USA for latest F-16 I don't think he was referring to 8 F-16 recently approved for us

Air Chief does want more F-16s but he also said it would take time to acquire them.There will be a follow up order, it's just a question of when.

Are they considering on getting more MRAP's ?

I believe US offered surplus MRAPs they had in Afghanistan to Pakistan, but somehow this didn't materialize.

Air Chief does want more F-16s but he also said it would take time to acquire them.There will be a follow up order, it's just a question of when.

I believe US offered surplus MRAPs they had in Afghanistan to Pakistan, but somehow this didn't materialize.

Some came to Pakistan but the remaining were sent to Qatar, this was the very reason I asked if there is any such deal in which these could be procured or from some place else.

so basically we can give Pakistan some M109s we aren't using for free.

which isn't a bad deal, but I would defiantly have them upgraded to M109A6/7+ and possible M982 Excalibur guided rounds

Pakistan would love to get the upgrade but it is not very simple.

EDA equipment can not be present in USA otherwise it would require approvals from the Congress, so if these are upgraded then it has to be in some foreign country. As far as I know there is no country that can offer these upgrades hence these have to be taken to the USA.

If Congress has to be involved then why not get new and upgraded weapons, the only issue would be the required numbers and cost.

which isn't a bad deal, but I would defiantly have them upgraded to M109A6/7+ and possible M982 Excalibur guided rounds

M109 A7 are the latest ones with the US armed forces and they havent yet started mass producing it yet
US army is supposed to get its first batallion of 18 PIM howitzers in 2017 when it clears IOC
Since it uses the same turret used on A6....I dont think USA will share the A6 tech as well...
I think they will give the A5s

Amen brother. Excalibur will be icing .. but at least MRSI capable guns.. multiple round simultaneous impact. enemy big or small, conventional or unconventional doesn't get the chance to escape or guess the incoming round impact patten since they all impact simultaneously

oh yea for WOT purposes only.. to be used safely hundreds of miles away from our overtly concerned Eastern neighbour
;)

i dont buy it unless i see a source.

but it does make sense though to give the pakistanis a lollipop so that they listen.
remember nothing comes for free pakistanis should know that better than anyone else.

i dont buy it unless i see a source.

but it does make sense though to give the pakistanis a lollipop so that they listen.
remember nothing comes for free pakistanis should know that better than anyone else.
Rafi sb is very credible in his news in past & will in future .

Pakistan would love to get the upgrade but it is not very simple.

EDA equipment can not be present in USA otherwise it would require approvals from the Congress, so if these are upgraded then it has to be in some foreign country. As far as I know there is no country that can offer these upgrades hence these have to be taken to the USA.

If Congress has to be involved then why not get new and upgraded weapons, the only issue would be the required numbers and cost.
U don't need congress approval for EDA stock simply needs administration authorization it will be very quick when it released .

Back
Top Bottom