What's new

Talibanisation in karachi

I want to tell you something, MQM is not against pakhtuns, i u see last 4 years then u will see lot of infrastructural development in karachi!! Mustafa Kamal says he has spent more then 400bn rupees on karachi, tell me who peoples were the firms and builders who worked in karachi?? Almost all were pakhtuns!! Thats why i say MQM us not against pakhtuns!!

Oh I can't deny the fact that the Pakhtun haven't contributed but in return tell me have their children been embraced into whatever education setup we have do average parents treat them like equal compared to their own children when seen on the streat, unfortunately they don't and this divide needs to be focused on.

@baneblade, why u always ***** abt muhsharraf??
Every one knows that mushrraf told USA that he will b not a part of WoT, thats why Donald Rumsfeld said, we will take pakistan to the times of stones!!
And in musharraf's tenure economy grew with average 7%!! And our debt lowered to 27% of GDP from 67% of GDP!!

I also think that entrusting our economy on the finance sector will never be a beneficial gain because as you can see only industrial nations are avoiding this recession and only in the industrial sector is the job sector also high.

I also think that Musharraf should have asked the nation for their opinion before an answer to Rumsfeld he showed our country as a lap dog and quickly followed their command for that our country as I always say lost our voice but got a bigger aid from the US which in turn lost us our self sufficiency.

salman nedian it is a dangerous business to create an atmosphere of fear etc by MQM you know Karachi is the the business Hub of Pakistan Business capitol such news only daily basis can even crash stock exchange as well and when foreigners and govts withdrawn the invested money think about it...frankly yes MQM did work for Karachi for years but still problem of water and electricity remains the same even worsen so where is the money?? weren't these important projects forget about other projects these 2 projects are the lifeline of Karachi..frankly good ppl are with in MQM i don't deny it but than again i am not fan of MQM specially after watching Iltaf in india about Pakistan creation a grave mistake words out of parrots mouth Iltaf bhai..

I also condemn what Altaf Hussain said in India but the thing is here we are facing an enemy which is hidden and it is in our country. This is modern warfare and we need to attack hose foreign financed elements that are creating trouble for us.

I also think that Musharraf should have asked the nation for their opinion before an answer to Rumsfeld he showed our country as a lap dog and quickly followed their command for that our country as I always say lost our voice but got a bigger aid from the US which in turn lost us our self sufficiency.
Get Real...You know how crazy America was at that time.Just watch few videos of 9/11 and interview of American people they were ready to attack any nation for 9/11.You either had to help them with AID or without AID.Pakistan would have cooperated with Americans regardless of Musharraf unless we had a nutcrack on Presidency who would fight with Americans.

Get Real...You know how crazy America was at that time.Just watch few videos of 9/11 and interview of American people they were ready to attack any nation for 9/11.You either had to help them with AID or without AID.Pakistan would have cooperated with Americans regardless of Musharraf unless we had a nutcrack on Presidency who would fight with Americans.

Venezuela deinied Iran did so did many far eastern countries alond with some African ones and even South American ones and guess what none of them had Nuclear power and despite possesing it we ended up loyally following America.

And in musharraf's tenure economy grew with average 7%!! And our debt lowered to 27% of GDP from 67% of GDP!!
It has been debated to death. All that happened at the expense of selling the profiting national assets. There was no economical boom, all was illusion. People were lured into buying stuff through credit and many stupid exactly did that. Do you know what mess this credit has caused in Europe and America? Are you aware of the consequences of buying things one can’t really afford to?

Venezuela deinied Iran did so did many far eastern countries alond with some African ones and even South American ones and guess what none of them had Nuclear power and despite possesing it we ended up loyally following America.
and under what Circumstances?Were they related to any serious issue like 9/11 where the whole nation (90% Americans) were blood thirsty?Does American Government has that much support for Iran War or Venezula and dont give me a crap about Nuclear Weapons we did not even have a proper delivery system back in 2001 and we did not even have spares for our F16's and we had a 10 times bigger enemy in the east.We would be American's and India's dog today had we rejected America's offer.Just because you hate America does not mean we should fight American.Think rationally man.

and under what Circumstances?Were they related to any serious issue like 9/11 where the whole nation (90% Americans) were blood thirsty?Does American Government has that much support for Iran War or Venezula and dont give me a crap about Nuclear Weapons we did not even have a proper delivery system back in 2001 and we did not even have spares for our F16's and we had a 10 times bigger enemy in the east.We would be American's and India's dog today had we rejected America's offer.Just because you hate America does not mean we should fight American.Think rationally man.

At no time do I suggest that I am against us joining the US as the allies but our method as well as our approach was incorrect Iran didn't support Taleban nor did Venezuela or Mongolia for that matter they said it was a US matter they are welcome to do as they please. We could have been much better off had we not taken US's offer. As for India they had no right to attack Pakistan or vice versa and they wouldn't have.

Do you honestly think that Indians are sitting in their tanks waiting to attack us on one sign of weakness and do you think China would let them of course not!

At no time do I suggest that I am against us joining the US as the allies but our method as well as our approach was incorrect Iran didn't support Taleban nor did Venezuela or Mongolia for that matter they said it was a US matter they are welcome to do as they please. We could have been much better off had we not taken US's offer. As for India they had no right to attack Pakistan or vice versa and they wouldn't have.
Which offer are you talking about as you don't oppose allying with America against Talibans and China will never intervene in INDO PAK Conflict.At best they will provide us Jets and Weapons.India almost attacked us in 2001.

Actually sentiments are very strong. Yet the only thing that prevents USA to attack on these countries is that fact that the respective governments are enjoying full support by their people. How many times they have tried to assassinate Castro, Khomeini and Chavez? this is no secret.

Actually sentiments are very strong. Yet the only thing that prevents USA to attack on these countries is that fact that the respective governments are enjoying full support by their people. How many times they have tried to assassinate Castro, Khomeini and Chavez? this is no secret.
Exactly.Which is why i was saying we made the right decision by allying with America instead of Talibans as 90% Americans supported war against Talibans.

Exactly.Which is why i was saying we made the right decision by allying with America instead of Talibans as 90% Americans supported war against Talibans.

I am sorry but at what point do you realise this was never our war we could always have been neutral and I am sure India wouldn't have attacked us in the first place I know emotions run high and stuff but please these are peoples lives we have sacrificed and now even US talks of retreat and talks with 'good taleban'

We made the wrong decision because Musharraf had no support from its people on this issue. And that is why Pakistan is so vulnerable. You took my post totally apposite.

We made the wrong decision because Musharraf had no support from its people on this issue. And that is why Pakistan is so vulnerable. You took my post totally apposite.
So do you think we should have helped Taliban instead of allying with Americans?:) (Regardless of Leader..Be it Musharraf or any other Leader)

So do you think we should have helped Taliban instead of allying with Americans?:)
We should have closed our borders and stayed neutral as Bane has suggested. No need to actively take part in the killing of Afghans and Taliban. One day the Americans/NATO would leave Afghanistan, but we are neighbors, we have to live with them. Many scholars had suggested GoP to shake hand not to embrace America. This is exactly what Mr. Aga Shahi told Gen.Zia during Soviet Invasion, but Zia didn’t listen to him. And now whatever we are reaping is what we had sown long time ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom