What's new

Taking Notice of India's Extreme Poverty

You cannot force an amendment upon people in Democracy, Thats certainly the issue pertaining to a slower development in terms of poverty alleviation...

Ridiculous. By your reasoning, there cannot be laws at all in a democracy. Laws are made for good of the individual and the community as a whole. One person's defection hurts other people and the community as a whole.

Please don't imply that because India is a democracy it cannot pass a decency law banning pooping in public. (pretty sure Canada has such laws on the books and we're a democracy)

Ridiculous. By your reasoning, there cannot be laws at all in a democracy. Laws are made for good of the individual and the community as a whole. One person's defection hurts other people and the community as a whole.

In democracy laws are made 'by the people for the people'. So laws are there but that is not forceful.

Please don't imply that because India is a democracy it cannot pass a decency law banning pooping in public. (pretty sure Canada has such laws on the books and we're a democracy)
Do Canada has law for the number of child should people have?

I would've voted for demolition of the slums. These were illegal, on public property, and stealing precious services like water and electricity. If you want to establish a home, fine, but do it legally.

Go to hell! You actually support demolition of the slums? Through violence?
You will regret it.
China has too many lessons about that. It is not a good idea.

Dear sir, passing a bill not necessarily means that administration has to throw everyone in the jail if its broken. It is a slow and gradual process. Like the Energy conservation Bill of 2001. It is not legally binding for company's to do it, but more and more company's are getting aware of the benefits and importance involved. The same could be the case with "Anti Open Defacation Bill", if I may dare so.

Also see my post above for a different perspective.

P.S.: I do agree that PMRY could have been utilized better by the state Govts. But its a different discussion all together.

Precisely education at first, enforcing the by-laws after people are aware of it.

The slum rehabilitation scheme has taken off big time and few posters still pick upon the hardships of the relocated ones which is quite unbelievable.

Rajiv Awas Yojana: 7,900 flats ready for allocation

Rajiv Awas Yojana to aim at slum-free India

The Delhi government is now redeveloping 30 clusters and they have involved private developers in these projects. Several real estate firms, including India's largest real estate developer like DLF , Omaxe and Raheja Developers are working t in slum redevelopment projects.

Mumbai has far greater experience than Delhi in Slum Rehabilitation Scheme. There are nearly 100 slum pockets under development out of which 60 proposals have been passed and are under construction.

Within 5-6 years it is expected that the numbers will be reduced to below 90% . Until then the mud throwers have a wonderful time here boasting about the self satisfying claims.. :toast_sign:

Dear sir, passing a bill not necessarily means that administration has to throw everyone in the jail if its broken. It is a slow and gradual process. Like the Energy conservation Bill of 2001. It is bot legally binding for company's to do it, but more and more company's are getting aware of the benefits and importance involved. The same could be the case with "Anti Open Defacation Bill", if I may dare so.

Also see my post above for a different perspective.

Son, these changes cannot be brought by passing a Bill, these changes need to be brought in from society levels, the People must take Initiative, You can never stop these things by making it a Rule... a Little example

No Peeing Outside can only be made a Rule if Better Infrastructures are Placed by the Govt, like better Public Toilets....If not then in a democracy public can question the incompetence of the govt, so why would govt risk a change??

I very much hope that comes true one day, so the Indian media can stop writing headlines like "China may attack India before 2012" (from NDTV), or the even more original, "China could attack India before 2014".

Profit-driven media... they give people what they want to read. Supply and demand.

Why is that almost every reply of yours in every Indian thread right from issues concerning defence, politics, world affairs and some times even stupid threads like 'we gonna attack in 20xx' has the same,single 'analysis' from NDTV by Bharat Verma to generalise everyone??

Cant you see beyond that one single item or you are such a die-hard fan of Mr.Verma ??

Just curious.

Why is that almost every reply of yours in every Indian thread right from issues concerning defence, politics, world affairs and some times even stupid threads like 'we gonna attack in 20xx' has the same,single 'analysis' from NDTV by Bharat Verma to generalise everyone??

Cant you see beyond that one single item or you are such a die-hard fan of Mr.Verma ??

Just curious.

Thats called repetitive behavior pattern... you can see posts and expressions repeated in each and every post. Live with it.:angry:

Go to hell! You actually support demolition of the slums? Through violence?
You will regret it.
China has too many lessons about that. It is not a good idea.

I believe in rule of law and not anarchy.

Yes, if a group of people are breaking the law, I support the govt. if they take such actions. Otherwise anyone will occupy govt. land and build a home there.

I do not understand what are you trying to prove, Living in a communist part of the world you will never understand how democracy works, cant you reason it out that govt cannot force a change overnight... People first have to be made confident about the aftermaths of the Change for the change to work otherwise the govt will have to answer to all the queries Filed Under RTI... Please dont force your reasons pretending you know India better than an Indian who lives there for more than 60 years.... I have seen change through out my life, if not fast rather satisfactory...

There are several laws made by india which have ended up in protest and later demolished, do you Want the history to repeat??

Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) and the two projects running under it Basic Services to the Urban Poor (BSUP) and Integrated Housing and Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) have been approved with a total cost of Rs 33,860.22 crores which will allow in situ development of slums in urban areas along with giving property rights to the slum dwellers.

Son, these changes cannot be brought by passing a Bill, these changes need to be brought in from society levels, the People must take Initiative, You can never stop these things by making it a Rule... a Little example

[B]No Peeing Outside[/B] can only be made a Rule if Better Infrastructures are Placed by the Govt, like better Public Toilets....If not then in a democracy public can question the incompetence of the govt, so why would govt risk a change??

Well sir, My point was and still remains, more then availabity of the facilities, it is the awareness, mentality of the ones doing it which leads to open defacation/ public urination. You may or may not have seen it, but I have seen people peeing everywhere around, including the walls of the the public urinal standing right there.

The slum rehabilitation scheme has taken off big time and few posters still pick upon the hardships of the relocated ones which is quite unbelievable.

Rajiv Awas Yojana: 7,900 flats ready for allocation

Rajiv Awas Yojana to aim at slum-free India

The Delhi government is now redeveloping 30 clusters and they have involved private developers in these projects. Several real estate firms, including India's largest real estate developer like DLF , Omaxe and Raheja Developers are working t in slum redevelopment projects.

Mumbai has far greater experience than Delhi in Slum Rehabilitation Scheme. There are nearly 100 slum pockets under development out of which 60 proposals have been passed and are under construction.

Within 5-6 years it is expected that the numbers will be reduced to below 90% . Until then the mud throwers have a wonderful time here boasting about the self satisfying claims.. :toast_sign:

Gov should reach an agreement with homeowners before the demolition. Otherwise there will be many problems waiting for you.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom