What's new

Taking Notice of India's Extreme Poverty

this is not the first thread on "povery in india" and nor will it be last. every time there is a news article/video depicting poverty in india, some PDF members take the pleasure in reporting it here. i am sure there will hundreds of threads saying india has largest population below poverty line etc etc. these people dont realise that there is extreme poverty in their countries too. hell even america has poor people. these people say india can invest 10 billion dollars on space progg and 30-40 billion dollars on defense but it doesnt invest that much in poverty eradication.

my reply to these people is india is already investing much more but the results are coming out slowly due to corruption. I HAVE ACCEPTED THE FACT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE POVERTY IN INDIA, BUT WE SHOULD CONTINUE TO INVEST IN SPACE TECH AND DEFENSE. SOME PEOPLE MIGHT CRITICISE MY COUNTRY FOR THAT BUT I M OKAY WITH IT.

Well, Poverty is a Truth which Bites every inch of us, But instead of running away from it why not the Internet warriors Find a Solution to it, You have been debating to the Cause of concern but how many of you actually work towards it?? Debating dosent solve the problems, Challenging your comfort zone does... Dont take it as a challenge, do it as your duty, when you are fortunate enough to get get comfort so are your fellow beings......

Dude u chinese have gone so up in general Indian psyche that u cant imagine.....

I can't really say that I believe that, both from talking to Indians and reading Indian media.

I think it would be more realistic to say that applies to "some" Indian people. Others see us as a serious threat.

I HAVE ACCEPTED THE FACT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE POVERTY IN INDIA, BUT WE SHOULD CONTINUE TO INVEST IN SPACE TECH AND DEFENSE. SOME PEOPLE MIGHT CRITICISE MY COUNTRY FOR THAT BUT I M OKAY WITH IT.

Remember elephant moves slowly.....but it has a lot of momentum with it....once it starts moving it can't be stopped easily......

We should work very hard and yeah results are coming and getting more and more visible now a days.....

I can't really say that I believe that, both from talking to Indians and reading Indian media. I think it would be more realistic to say that applies to "some" Indian people.

Well I said and that and I believe in that and many friends of mine who have been to china believe so.....

Others see us as a serious threat.

Well u can be a potential threat in future.......but that does not take any credit from u for what have u achieved and hence the admiration......

Well I said and that and I believe in that and many friends of mine who have been to china believe so.....

Well then I hope there are more Indians like you, but in general I feel that the operative word is "fear" (and in some cases, even hatred), rather than admiration.

I can't really say that I believe that, both from talking to Indians and reading Indian media.

I think it would be more realistic to say that applies to "some" Indian people. Others see us as a serious threat.

And most just dont give a crap.. The once that talk about politics and such, may see China as a threat, but China isnt even close to being distrusted as lets say Pakistan.

Well then I hope there are more Indians like you, but in general I feel that the operative word is "fear" (and in some cases, even hatred), rather than admiration.

Dude most of the time its not hatred just fear......and I dont have either of two....though I would choose to remain cautious......:undecided:

And most just dont give a crap.. The once that talk about politics and such, may see China as a threat, but China isnt even close to being hated as lets say Pakistan.

U kidding right......pakistan has our sympahies.......they are going through a tough time for long now.......hatred not yet for any one......not yet.....we did not had nagasaki yet......neither nanking messacare......etc etc......

And most just dont give a crap..

I very much hope that comes true one day, so the Indian media can stop writing headlines like "China may attack India before 2012" (from NDTV), or the even more original, "China could attack India before 2014".

Profit-driven media... they give people what they want to read. Supply and demand.

The once that talk about politics and such, may see China as a threat, but China isnt even close to being hated as lets say Pakistan.

That actually sounds even more worrying. :D

That actually sounds even more worrying.

What distrust for Pakistan? Its nothing new.

I very much hope that comes true one day

I think it is true. Most of the Indians(even educated once) probably dont even know India and China had a border war.

I didn't, everyone knows Pakistan and Indian wars.

What distrust for Pakistan? Its nothing new.

No, the fact that we are apparently getting "less hatred" than Pakistan.

It shows how much worse it can get, when China inevitably becomes perceived as the #1 threat to India. Which is the direction you guys are moving in already.

Anyway this is off-topic.

Kindly don't associate our country with third rated newspaper TOI. If you want to refer any Indian Media than it should be like NDTV, PTI, Hindustan times. Some people has given our media bad name because of some greedy people who invested in Media sector.

Back
Top Bottom