What's new

Taking Notice of India's Extreme Poverty

I always find it amusing the Chinese fixation on stats , when their entire country is known as the world's pariah on gathering or putting out real stats. This is a nation that lies about every information that it deems shows itself in a poor light.

for all we know china has the worse poverty, kill 100,000 in mines every year, tainted food killing another what 1 million a year, their dry wall poisons and lead poison in toys is killing another few millions every year . You know they lie about their calamities and when hundreds of thousands die, they claim only a few 100.

their best allies are ( wait , drum roll) also considered pariah nations. :wave:

We were actually having a civil discussion before you arrived. Sigh, guess thats over.

I dont know if we can go this far but there are concerns about China's data quality. Is there something you can share that tells us if China is moving toward more transparent data quality? But I go by verifiable data such as installed power capacity etc. on which China is doing tremendously well.

I always find it amusing the Chinese fixation on stats , when their entire country is known as the world's pariah on gathering or putting out real stats. This is a nation that lies about every information that it deems shows itself in a poor light.

for all we know china has the worse poverty, kill 100,000 in mines every year, tainted food killing another what 1 million a year, their dry wall poisons and lead poison in toys is killing another few millions every year . You know they lie about their calamities and when hundreds of thousands die, they claim only a few 100.

their best allies are ( wait , drum roll) also considered pariah nations. :wave:

With all these problems, the Chinese have achieved a lot more than us. Just read what Amarthiya sen has said about their achievements a few days ago.

We chinese should always be awared even better be stuck a note on forehead read that 'you escape from mine disaster and earthquake.'

I dont know if we can go this far but there are concerns about China's data quality. Is there something you can share that tells us if China is moving toward more transparent data quality? But I go by verifiable data such as installed power capacity etc. on which China is doing tremendously well.

Yeah there are issues with Chinese reporting of data, independent verification is not possible. Just today the WSJ carried an article about China closing off its property index since it portrayed sharp rises in land prices, with fear of an asset bubble and unrest. Such sort of actions do give rise to skepticism. The Chinese Pm-in-waiting (kiquang IIRC) had also commented on the quality of economic and other data that China lets out. This does make you think twice before accepting anything straight out of the dragons mouth.

Exactly, i'm with you on this one, Chinese keep cooking up their poverty statistic while Indians are letting the world knew what they are make of.
How could any country be considered as "poverty" plaque when they have more "cell phones" than "toilets"? impossible!! :whistle:
Here is the "proof" :yahoo:
India+sanitation+cell+phone.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/25/opinion/25iht-edcohen.html

Back
Top Bottom