What's new

Tajiks, one of three aryan nation in China----The Keeper of Chinese frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
but what i don´t get is why middle eastern cultures never were able to create real looking statues? If you look at egypt and mesopotamia or persia...it all looks clumsy and heavy...you can´t compare it to this:

Statue-Augustus.jpg

Corbis-DE006468.jpg

fe4d1c4457c8.jpg

While it is true that Rome is known for her architectural and civil ingenuity, that characterstic is not selective only for Roman and Greco civilization(s). Civilizations in ancient East Asia was also renowned for its civic marvels and even aesthetic capability in making statues.

In Japan, the statue of the Buddha:

3100_01.jpg

Ushiku.jpg

-----

japan_shinto_statue_2_1167x1755.jpg

--------

An old statue of Ko Shi (Confucius) in Japan:

Confucius.jpg

Another one, note the life-likeness:

images

but what i don´t get is why middle eastern cultures never were able to create real looking statues? If you look at egypt and mesopotamia or persia...it all looks clumsy and heavy...you can´t compare it to this:

Statue-Augustus.jpg

Corbis-DE006468.jpg

fe4d1c4457c8.jpg

Now, let me present the beautiful Terra Cotta Statues of Qin-Dynasty China. This is over 2400 years old:

tw_exhib_hero_1.jpg

37a_terracota.jpg

terracotta-warriors.jpg

terracotta-warriors-ronnie-glover.jpg

Statue-Augustus.jpg

Corbis-DE006468.jpg

fe4d1c4457c8.jpg
That's because there was no tradition of making lifelike statues but Eastern statues were bigger in scale.

Some Buddha statues from Sri Lanka

statue_of_buddha__polonnaruwa__sri_lanka.jpg

66304016.jpg

Leshan Buddha from China

blog-buddha.jpg

DNA tests show Chinese villagers with green eyes could be descendants of lost Roman legion

article-1332636-0C3C58E3000005DC-952_634x380.jpg

article-1332636-0C3C2A76000005DC-704_634x318.jpg

Read more: DNA tests show Chinese villagers with green eyes could be descendants of lost Roman legion | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This has been debunked, since the blue/green eyed Chinese may have been mixed with other steppe nomad groups, but not Romans.

Since Romans themselves were dark eyed Mediterranid.

BTW, there are about 2-3% of Han Chinese men carry R1a as their Y-DNA.

Last edited:
That's because there was no tradition of making lifelike statues but Eastern statues were bigger in scale.

Some Buddha statues from Sri Lanka

statue_of_buddha__polonnaruwa__sri_lanka.jpg

66304016.jpg

Leshan Buddha from China

blog-buddha.jpg

The last one...BEAUTIFUL ! Union of nature and man's creation. :)

-----------------------

Have you seen the great architecture of Pharaoh Ramses II, The Great ?

templefront.jpg

At Abu Simbel

savingfutures_statue_of_ramses_ii_at_luxor_temple.jpg

ramessesII.jpg

statues-luxor-temple-luxor.jpg

original.jpg

JeweloftheNileSunFestivalItinerary3ExclusiveAdventuresEgypt-62431247037423_800_600.jpg

I have a question. Being an "aryan" as you label us. How is our perception in china when you see us by the han majority?
If you a Italian:
If all the people from EU to India are the "aryan", this word will mean nothing, thats why normaly we think the Germans and north Europan are "aryan", We think People in Italian are the “Italians”. If you call the normal people in Italian "aryan", this word will mean the same like “European”.
As myself, I don't think a "aryan" country need Poison gas to fight with a country like Ethiopia.
If you are a Volks Deutscher:
than I think the "aryan" is a little too proud.

While it is true that Rome is known for her architectural and civil ingenuity, that characterstic is not selective only for Roman and Greco civilization(s). Civilizations in ancient East Asia was also renowned for its civic marvels and even aesthetic capability in making statues.

In Japan, the statue of the Buddha:

3100_01.jpg

Ushiku.jpg

-----

japan_shinto_statue_2_1167x1755.jpg

--------

An old statue of Ko Shi (Confucius) in Japan:

Confucius.jpg

Another one, note the life-likeness:

images

im not talking about china or japan. evryone knows that our ancestors saw china as equal and china saw rome as equal. I was talking to the guy whose ancestors lived in mudhouses...and still do today....

When out of facts, resort to argumentative behaviour and name calling. You sirs are definitely full blooded Pakistanis. Its no small wonder that Pakistan leads the entire South Asian region in peace and prosperity because of its wonderful citizenry. :tup:

Just for Pakistani reference, the river Indus does flow through India though for a relatively small stretch and it is because of this reason that we are putting up dams on it and Pakistan is protesting. We are the upper riparian state for river Indus.

Secondly, you can use either India or Bharat to refer to our country. The Constitution of India gives us two official names, both of which can be used - the Republic of India or Bharat Gaṇarājya. Our name is not an acronym made by one man in the 20th century, it has been used for thousands of years and we are happy with either.

About 4-5 percent flows through Ladakh which is a disputed territory and as far as upper Riparian state is concerned then 2-3 percent also flows through China where it actually starts in Tibet so that is a no argument.

Greeks are related to greece or italy?

:rofl: :rofl:

Have you seen the great architecture of Pharaoh Ramses II, The Great ?
oh i have been to egypt it is a tourist stop like no other... history culture and relaxation wonderful beaches it has everything... an a midnight cruise on the river nile... do go when you have time you will love it
and architecture around cherry blossom trees in Japan pictures would be appreciated

The thread is getting interesting, off-topic, but still quite interesting. Guys, feel like I have walked into a classroom of Eurasian history. Nice pics too.

Can anyone tell me who are the other 2 Aryan nations in China?
中国的雅利安人aryan of china—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看
it says the other 2 are the Russian and Tatars. they both came in late Qing, so not native.

im not talking about china or japan. evryone knows that our ancestors saw china as equal and china saw rome as equal. I was talking to the guy whose ancestors lived in mudhouses...and still do today....
though i'm chinese thus spared from your implication....your words now sound racist to me....
why not just let the Aryan go and be a proud Italian or German as a start....

Last edited:
my guess is one of them is the Russian minority. they came in 18th century?

though i'm chinese thus spared from your implication....your words now sound racist to me....
why not just let the Aryan go and be a proud Italian or German as a start....

They insulted my ancestors first...look China is in the east what my ancestors are in the west. Many books and letters exist in rome about China. And same in china about rome. The chinese saw rome as their counterpart on the other side of the world. I think thats unqiue in world history, that the two greatest empires of their time never really had direct diplomatic contact but did have contact through trade and visitors. Beside that you guys brought us our beloved Spaghetti ;P

I searched about the story, it says that there is a tomb of a Sri Lankan prince but I didn't find any pictures of it.

@Azizam, I found the following:-

Royal ties that bind
Royal ties that bind

By Hu Meidong and Wei Tian (China Daily)
Updated: 2010-12-29 07:53

f04da2db11220e84c60521.jpg

Despite being in the public eye, Xu-Shi Yin'e tries to lead the life of an ordinary citizen, just like her royal ancestor did 500 years ago. Photos provided to China Daily

The missing links of ancient Ceylon's imperial family are to be found in a coastal city of Fujian province. Hu Meidong and Wei Tian report

Since Xu-Shi Yin'e was a little girl, she has been aware that her family was different. "My grandma was always mumbling something about our ancestors coming from faraway lands; the ancestral tablets in the family shrine were inscribed with words in a strange foreign language that no one recognized," says the 47-year-old, who resides in Quanzhou, a costal city of East China's Fujian province.

"Even more bizarre, our family name came with two words while most others' only had one."

Xu-Shi's curiosity was not satisfied until she was 16, when her father who emigrated to the Philippines, left her with an astonishing truth which she was asked never to reveal, not even to her historian husband.

Had it not been for the likely damage to an ancient tomb, the truth would probably have never come out.

In 1996, a local newspaper published an account of an archeological discovery of a Ceylon (today's Sri Lanka) prince's tomb in Quanzhou. Two years later, when the area was once again mentioned in the media in relation to a redevelopment plan, Xu-Shi felt it was time for her to step up.

"I could not keep the secret anymore," she says. "Compared with breaking the promise made to my father, sitting back and seeing our ancestral grave being bulldozed seemed like a much worse sin."

She contacted local media, calling for protection of the ancestral grave. For the first time, she revealed her relationship to the person entombed, unveiling a centuries-old history of the Ceylon "royal family" in China.

Some 500 years ago, the Crown Prince of Ceylon, who came to China as an emissary with navigator Zheng He's fleet in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), was forced to stay in Quanzhou after his nephew usurped the throne on the death of the king.

To escape detection and possible execution, the prince decided to live incognito by changing his name to "Shi" and settle down in Quanzhou as an ordinary citizen.

He was buried in Quanzhou and his tomb was carefully watched over by family members until the 1960s.

"For centuries our family lived a low-profile life of peace," says Xu-Shi, the 18th generation descendant of the royal family.

"Change came during my great-great-grandmother's time. As there were no sons, a man surnamed Xu married into our family, which changed the family name to Xu-Shi."

With the dawn of the 20th century, the family was confronted with bigger challenges.

While some members moved abroad, Xu-Shi's grandfather remained in the country.

Having overseas relations was a mixed blessing for the family in the next few decades. While relatives helped them with food and money during difficult times in the 1960s, it also meant trouble during the "cultural revolution" (1966-1976).

"Grandmother had to burn all the family-tree records to avoid possible accusation of 'having illicit foreign relations'," Xu-Shi says.

"But one thing she would not let go was a figure of Buddha (a family heirloom that was a gift from the Chinese emperor). She hid it beneath her clothes for months."

After multiplying for five centuries, Xu-Shi's family have forgotten their mother tongue long ago, and their Sinhalese facial features too have faded. But the family remains devoutly Buddhist, the only remnant of their Ceylonese inheritance.

Ever since revealing her identity, Xu-Shi has been under the spotlight.

In 2002, she was invited to Sri Lanka and welcomed with royal etiquette.

In 2010, she was received by the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka D. M. Jayaratne, at the Shanghai Expo.

Xu-Shi now runs an antique shop on the most prosperous street in Quanzhou. Despite being in the public eye, she tries to lead the life of an ordinary citizen, just like her royal ancestor did 500 years ago.

"My biggest wish at the moment is to visit Sri Lanka again in 2011," she says.

"Not as a princess, but as a Buddhist to obey the summons of the 6th World Buddhist Council in 2,600 years."

f04da2db11220e84c61822.jpg

Xu-Shi Yin'e meets the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka D. M. Jayaratne at the Shanghai Expo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom