What's new

Taiwan Conducts Live Fire Drills on Spratlys, Angering Vietnam

you post figures of export/import. current account balance is more, it includes capital inflow and outflow as well, actually the health of a economy at large. of course, surplus is better than deficit. unlike vietnam, indonesia suffers current account deficit of about 4%.
I won´t be surprised if the indon rupiah crashes to a new low against the dollar again this year.

View attachment 145734

View attachment 145735

@LeveragedBuyout can explain it better than me.

I said "the bulk" as I am not seeing a lot of income from your investments overseas if any
Simple economic principles really. :pop:

No need to involve Indonesia as they are not a party to the topic in discussion :cheesy:

It depends on if the car is worthy of my buying at all :-)
India has some nice offshore patrol vessels in inventory. some of them are better than ours.
besides, we need larger ships, just in case we see you at next encounter, for example, for ramming :D

1101fae964bfd8cc79fe93dd2450e938.jpg

dce070760dfd7b2bf5e4f37bedc62443.jpg

Troll thread failed...
Everybody knew that most of Taiwan's military power to defend itself before China.

Quite right! :agree:

I support you 100%

Finally, there is smart Vietnamese in this forum! ;)

Vietnam is also belong to China for a long time ago!

Those evil French and Communist!

It's time for us, together kick the communist out of Vietnam and reunification with Republic of China!

Our long lost brothers and sisters. :cry:

Truly a heart touching moment...! :tup:

In ancient time, there was Jiao Zhi Sea. It is stated in old map of China. There is the sea belong to Jiao Zhi people (Vietnamese) first.
Chinese give back Islands to Vietnamse. Then, after that we can discuss about " East Asian United States " later. :welcome:

Well this is interesting.......Asia(east asia/SCS) sure is a complex region. The region is more complicated than what we in the west might think. II seems to not just be a China vs the other claimants in SCS. The thing is, all the claimants in SCS/spratly islands all have disputes among themselves I.e Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, Thailand.Singapore.

We should note that Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam have disputes over areas in the Gulf of Thailand.

Then Vietnam, China, and Taiwan over waters west of the Spratly Islands. Some or all of the islands themselves are also disputed between Vietnam, China, Taiwan, Brunei, Malaysia, and the Philippines.

Also Singapore and Malaysia along the Strait of Johore and the Strait of Singapore.

Indonesia, China, and Taiwan over waters NE of the Natuna Islands

The Philippines, China, and Taiwan over Scarborough Shoal. Etc etc...there other such disputes which I might have missed.

So these region/dispute is indeed a very complex one which our media seems to downplay while emphasizing on just a one country vs all the others(well i know they do this intentionally.lol). Unfortunately reality is different. We should also note that Vietnam and philippines had a conflict over some of these islands they both claimed, where Vietnam seized some islands from the Philippines which it still occupies today. I don't find anything wrong in this, if these countries can't agree to share ownership/resources in the region among themselves, then they should just fight it over and the winner/strongest takes it all and let's get it over with. They should act like adults and find a compromise to solve these disputes or better still share it among themselves equally/joint ownership, this might even serve as a model for other countries in the world on how to solve disputes. If they don't want to, then just fight and let's see who comes on top and takes the islands then we can all have peace once and for all.

Asia needs to put aside their ego/differences and learn to work together for the greater good of the region. Else I don't see how this disputes can ever be solved when there are so many claimants.

Finally it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming years as Vietnam expands its land reclamation on the isands it holds/controls and Taiwan tries to reassert its control on the largest spratlys island it controls. They indeed might clash at some point. However if this happens, I'm not sure Taiwan will be able to defeat Vietnam giving Vietnam will soon be receiving advanced kilos submarines from Russia, meanwhile Taiwan(though having more advanced surface vessels than Vietnam) has none and won't have one anytime soon untill late 2020s at best. Lol
Interesting times we are living in. :enjoy::pop:

Last edited:
Well this is interesting.......Asia(east asia/SCS) sure is a complex region. The region is more complicated than what we in the west might think. II seems to not just be a China vs the other claimants in SCS. The thing is, all the claimants in SCS/spratly islands all have disputes among themselves I.e Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, Thailand.Singapore.

We should note that Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam have disputes over areas in the Gulf of Thailand.

Then Vietnam, China, and Taiwan over waters west of the Spratly Islands. Some or all of the islands themselves are also disputed between Vietnam, China, Taiwan, Brunei, Malaysia, and the Philippines.

Also Singapore and Malaysia along the Strait of Johore and the Strait of Singapore.

Indonesia, China, and Taiwan over waters NE of the Natuna Islands

The Philippines, China, and Taiwan over Scarborough Shoal. Etc etc...there other such disputes which I might have missed.

So these region/dispute is indeed a very complex one which our media seem to downplay while emphasizing on just a one country vs all the others. Unfortunately reality is different. We should also note that Vietnam and phillipnes had a conflict over some of these islands they both claimed, where Vietnam seized some islands from the Philippines which it still occupies today. I don't find anything wrong in this, if these countries can't agree to share ownership/resources in the region among themselves, then they should just fight it over and the winner/strongest takes it all and let's get it over with . They should be act like adults and find a compromise to slve this disputes or better still share it among themselves equally/joint ownership, this might even serve as a model for other countries in the world on how to solve disputes. Of they don't want to, then just fight and let's see who comes on top and takes the islands and we can all have peace.

Asia needs to put aside their ego/differences and learn to work together for the greater good of the region. Else I don't see how this disputes can ever be solved when there are so many claimants.

Finally it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming years as Vietnam expands its land reclamation on thebisands it holds/controls and Taiwan tries to reaassrt it control on the largest spratlys island it controls. They indeed might clash at some point. However if this happens,, I'm not sure Taiwan will be able to defeat Vietnam giving Vietnam will soon be receiving advanced kilos submarines from Russia, meanwhile Taiwan(though having more advanced surface vessels than Vietnam) has none and won't have one anytime soon untill late 2020s at best. Lol
Interesting times we are living in. :enjoy::pop:

Dont get your hope up, at the end of the day China is still at a overwhelming position to keep everything in check in the region, in case of possible conflict between vietnam and taiwan, even if US stand by and see one of their lacky fight another lacky wannabe just like that it is certain that Mainland China wont allow anybody else defeat Taiwan in territorial disputes.

Hey Vietcong gooks, don't you think we are trying to cover all of our economic progress and all of the thing that hindering the growth? As a true democratic Republic we accept the facts with cool head and not even had the slightest idea trying to hide it. And i will said once more, we had more money to be spent in less than a year than the entire Vietnam can do in the last decade until now
if I recall you posted recently a statistic how much money indonesia invests in burma so far: less than one percent of all investments in the country. where is your huge money treasure? by the way, I believe you take things too personally, don´t you?

in vietnam, we care much of china, but indonesia? nobody cares.

In ancient time, there was Jiao Zhi Sea. It is stated in old map of China. There is the sea belong to Jiao Zhi people (Vietnamese) first.
Chinese give back Islands to Vietnamse. Then, after that we can discuss about " East Asian United States " later. :welcome:
"Jiao Zhi "?You proved that the sea belong to China smartly.It's obviously a Chinese name.

if I recall you posted recently a statistic how much money indonesia invests in burma so far: less than one percent of all investments in the country. where is your huge money treasure? by the way, I believe you take things too personally, don´t you?

Lol and many in China care more about Indonesia than vietnam, myself for example am quite disappointed that indonesia didnt join up in the AIIB this time instead of vietnam, the only care I have for vietnam is the sick obsession of viets about China which could be entertaining at times.

Lol, indeed the Vietcong has some fetish with the Chinese although the China themselves don't bother and give your country a shit

our navy will soon surpass that of taiwan, then time will come we spank them.
no, just a joke.

That actually sounds like the biggest joke of the decade. Taiwan, with approx 20 million people has nearly a trillion dollar economy. Vietnam with almost 100 million people has an economy approx 1/3rd the size of Taiwan. Yet the Viet navy will surpass Taiwan and you believe Vietnam can outspend Taiwan? Riiiggght. :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom