What's new

Taiwan Conducts Live Fire Drills on Spratlys, Angering Vietnam

I wonder if our Taiwanese bros need any help? The PLAN would be happy to offer logistical support in defense of traditional Chinese territory. Meanwhile, weak little Vietnam sputters in impotent rage as usual. :rofl:

Taiwan Conducts Live Fire Drills on Spratlys, Angering Vietnam - Bloomberg

Taiwan Conducts Live Fire Drills on Spratlys, Angering Vietnam
By Adela Lin and Debra Mao Nov 3, 2014 11:18 PM ET

View attachment 145592
Photographer: Sam Yeh/AFP/Getty Images
Taiwanese navy fired rockets and guns on Sept. 17, 2014 in a scenario simulating a... Read More

Taiwan’s coast guard is conducting a second day of live-fire drills on an island in the disputed Spratly chain, prompting condemnation from Vietnam.

The drills are conducted annually on Taiping Island, said Shih Yi-che, a public relations official at Taiwan’s Coast Guard Administration. The island is known as Ba Binh in Vietnamese and claimed by both governments as well as China.

Vietnam’s foreign ministry said yesterday the drills violate Vietnam’s sovereignty, threaten maritime security, and add to tensions in the South China Sea.

China has been more aggressively asserting its territorial claims to more than 90 percent of the waterway, disregarding competing claims for parts of the area by the Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia and Brunei. China has been carrying out land reclamation projects in both the Spratly and Paracel island chains as it seeks to extend the reach of its military in one of the world’s busiest waterways.

Taiwan must strengthen its military presence on Taiping given China’s land reclamation in the Spratlys, lawmaker Chiu Chih-wei said by phone today. A Taiwan legislative committee last week commissioned a study on the possibility of stationing warships on Taiping, which is administered by the country’s coast guard. Taiwan is already spending more than $100 million to build a wharf there.

There goes the dream to pit Taiwan against China. On the issue of China's historical territories, China and Taiwan's interests converge.

Last edited:
I bet viets would like to get on the good side of good old USA as fast as possible and beg the godfather to keep their other lacky in check, although its not certain whether the Americans would see viets as being important enough and grant such wishes, still it would be far more effective than getting support from India.

our navy will soon surpass that of taiwan, then time will come we spank them.

Taiwan's ships are built by Taiwanese and USA
Viet navy's ships are left overs from USA and going to be more "Made-in-Inda"

oh any Viet ship orders to Russia? 8-):-)

Taiwan's ships are built by Taiwanese and USA
Viet navy's ships are left overs from USA and going to be more "Made-in-Inda"

oh any Viet ship orders to Russia? 8-):-)
no, most of old ships left over from the vietnam war are scraps. new patrol ships ordered in america, japan and india will come, I guess, next year. most of our warships come from russia. some will come from the netherlands.

in the future maybe we will buy warships from japan and america if they sell it and we can afford.

no, most of old ships left over from the vietnam war are scraps. new patrol ships ordered in america, japan and india will come, I guess, next year. most of our warships come from russia. some will come from the netherlands.

Tell me when to pop my corns :pop::coffee:

in the future maybe we will buy warships from japan and america if they sell it and we can afford.
Hello Mr. buyer. For your information, the oil price has broken $80 line. Where will you naughty Vietnamese get the money to buy these toys?

Islands in SCS belong to Vietnam from long time, without troubles with China in the past. KMT claimed from 1948, very newly. Chinese is greedy people. Islands here is not related to China's sovereignty.

Quite right! :agree:

I support you 100%

Finally, there is smart Vietnamese in this forum! ;)

Vietnam is also belong to China for a long time ago!

Those evil French and Communist!

It's time for us, together kick the communist out of Vietnam and reunification with Republic of China!

Our long lost brothers and sisters. :cry:

Truly a heart touching moment...! :tup:

Hello Mr. buyer. For your information, the oil price has broken $80 line. Where will you naughty Vietnamese get the money to buy these toys?
where the money comes from?
well, the economy generates more than 4% current account surplus this year.

Actually you dont need the credit line offered by India to buy their "made-in-india" warships do you?;)

That's the bulk of where the 4% C Ac surplus comes from so far :dirol:

34d21a83cef4e461964b1fca986abc70.png

Actually you dont need the credit line offered by India to buy their "made-in-india" warships do you?;)
if a car dealer offers you a cheap credit for buying a new car, will you reject it? :D

That's the bulk of where the 4% C Ac surplus comes from so far :dirol:

View attachment 145728
you post figures of export/import. current account balance is more, it includes capital inflow and outflow as well, actually the health of a economy at large. of course, surplus is better than deficit. for example, unlike vietnam, indonesia suffers current account deficit of about 4%. or in short, indonesia consumes more than it produces and affords, hence it needs money from others to finance the deficit, making debts.

I won´t be surprised if the indon rupiah crashes to a new low against the dollar again this year.

154e4b8c8ebcb82ddc3c86a44f18bdea.png

5aba92bb4ae19955cef50345eead681f.png

@LeveragedBuyout can explain it better than me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom