What's new

TAIS contracted to build five tanker ships for the Indian Navy

Kailash Kumar

Reaction score
Country
Suriname
TAIS contracted to build five tanker ships for the Indian Navy

04 JUNE 2019

TAIS, the Turkish consortium founded by the owners of the top five leading shipyards of Turkey in order to offer expert and innovative solutions in naval shipbuilding, has received a $US 2.3 billion tender to build five ships for the Indian Navy.

TAIS_contracted_to_build_five_ships_for_the_Indian_Navy.jpg

According to information released to the press, TAIS has won a cooperation tender that involves the production of five fleet support tankers of 45,000 tonnes. A member of the SAHA Istanbul Defence, Aviation and Aerospace Cluster, Turkey's largest industrial group that has undertaken important responsibilities for the country's defence and aviation industries, TAIS will manufacture the ships in a local shipyard as part of the Indian project.

As part of its tasks in the project, TAIS will be responsible for the modernisation of the shipyard, the design of the ships, engineering services, planning and management of production, preparation of shipbuilding material specifications and main materials.

As a pilot shipyard, the tender contract will be signed by Anadolu Deniz İnşaat Kızakları, TAIS's co-founder. A process of eight years is projected for the $2.3-billion tender. The total amount will be shared between TAIS and the local shipyard.

"We have won this tender in one of the most difficult markets in the world against the biggest global competitors with our design capabilities, technical competence, determination and courage. We have proven to the world what the Turkish private sector can do," said Süalp Ürkmez, deputy chairman of the board of directors of TAIS and CEO of Anadolu Deniz İnşaat Kızakları.

https://www.navyrecognition.com/ind...ld-five-tanker-ships-for-the-indian-navy.html

Turkey selling to the Indian navy ? :D

Today tanker ships, tomorrow destroyers :bunny:
All our shipyards are at peak operating capacity which is also one of the reason we're buying 4 frigates from Russia even though 2 of them will be built locally despite having the capacity and technological expertise to build all naval platforms including Aircraft Carriers, Subs & Destroyers

If India become a good neighbor to Pakistan, why not? Otherwise... not gonna happen.

Well clearly your government and private sector is not on the same page as you buddy. Money talks BS walks. Destroyers will happen too someday, even if the dispute continues. Slow and steady... :enjoy:

In any case, we have plenty of other options to choose from.

All our shipyards are at peak operating capacity which is also one of the reason we're buying 4 frigates from Russia even though 2 of them will be built locally despite having the capacity and technological expertise to build all naval platforms including Aircraft Carriers, Subs & Destroyers

I know about our manufacturing capabilities. Was just trying to make the point that Turkey seems to be opening up to India now.

Well clearly your government and private sector is not on the same page as you buddy. Money talks BS walks. Destroyers will happen too someday, even if the dispute continues. Slow and steady... :enjoy:

Offensive weapons export to India is banned by Turkey. So you cant have any warship And or not even a bullet from Turkey. And a little info about Turkey. Normally Nationalists and, Kemalists And Islamists have Some differences about politics... But all this political groups support Pakistan... so even if tomorrow another party take the Power in Turkey, nothing gonna change... btw you can use Your other options of course. I really dont care.

Offensive weapons export to India is banned by Turkey. So you cant have any warship And or not even a bullet from Turkey. And a little info about Turkey. Normally Nationalists and, Kemalists And Islamists have Some differences about politics... But all this political groups support Pakistan... so even if tomorrow another party take the Power in Turkey, nothing gonna change...

Okay. I reiterate everything I stated in my previous post. Change is gradual.

And in any case, even if what you said turned out to be true in the future, we have plenty of other options to choose besides building our own :cheers:

I know about our manufacturing capabilities. Was just trying to make the point that Turkey seems to be opening up to India now.
Even if it opens up, it is foolish on GoI's part that Turkish govt is an avid supporter of Pak. Even though many larger nations procure certain systems from smaller countries, India should've gone for other countries instead or expand any of the Tier-II ports to build these tankers and other non-offensive platforms

How fxxking dirty cheap

Compared with Pakistan 4*2300 tonnes corvettes project
2.3 billions for 5 45000 tonnes tankers,it is really cheap

How fxxking dirty cheap

Compared with Pakistan 4*2300 tonnes corvettes project
2.3 billions for 5 45000 tonnes tankers,it is really cheap
This are Tanker Ships... And Pakistan's ada class are stealth warships... Did you just compare the prices of tankers and stealth warships? What a logic...

Last edited:
This are Tanker Ships... And Pakistan's ada class are stealth battleships... Did you just compare the prices of tankers and stealth battleships? What a logic...

Er. Do you know the difference between Corvettes and Battleships?

Well I thought they wont win. But Turkey has surprised me.

Lol why do we need to buy destroyers from Turkey? They dont even have destroyers to begin with. Nor their Frigates comparable to ours. But they have made considerable improvement in Supply ships.

Back
Top Bottom