What's new

T20 World Cup 2016

I actually think the biggest risk to the Pakistani team is coming from Pakistani terrorists. 2 days ago the Pak NSA said that there are 10 Pakistani LeT terrorists inside India and now Shivrati has passed without incident in Gujarat the remaining high profile event has got to be the T20 world cup and one has to ask why is the Pak side so concerned about their team this time around? Do they know more than they are saying?

@PARIKRAMA @anant_s @Levina @ranjeet @WAJsal @Water Car Engineer @Parul @nair @SpArK @noksss @skyisthelimit @my2cents @JanjaWeed @eyeswideshut @AUSTERLITZ @MilSpec @danish_vij @mkb95
The hypocrisy is quite hilarious. What are you guys on about? every other Political party is against the game, the Congress, sections in BJP, and the usual Shiv Sena and gang. How is the security not a factor? have these factions embarrassed the game in the past-yes they have. Have they caused any trouble in the past? yes they have. Terrorism is not a threat, the general security of the team is. Forget us, why is your state taking our concerns so seriously, if they were such a joke. Even the director of ICC has urged full security to our team. Your state is cooperating with our security team. Don't take these little things as a joke. We can't pull out of the World Cup or afford to do so. Grow up people.

Lastly, I hope Wasal will appreciate the import of my words and not thread ban me like a ninny like he did from the Asia Cup 2016 thread.
When exactly are you going to grow up?

Pakistani govt under Sharif having so many business links in India and Sharif having personally invested in relation with Modi, will send its team, even if there are security threats.

The two-member Pakistan security team has reportedly given the green signal for the ICC World Twenty20 clash against India in Dharamsala on March 19. There were some concerns over the match after Himachal Pradesh chief minister Virbhadra Singh last week announced that his government would not be able to provide security to the Pakistani cricket team.

However, the security team that visited Dharamshala was told that the state government was competent enough to provide security to the Pakistani cricketers but the families of martyrs protesting against the match, would not be stopped. Singh said it would be embarrassing to use force on ex-servicemen and families of martyrs.

The District Collector and the Inspector General of Police have reportedly assured the Pakistani officials of adequate protection. Home Minister Rajnath Singh had also promised to deploy paramilitary forces for the match.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has not reportedly told the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) that the Dharamsala can go ahead as scheduled as the Pakistan team has given the necessary security clearance.

A two-member security team from Pakistan arrived at the Attari border post of India yesterday and headed for Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh to review security arrangements for the match.

The team, comprising the director of the Federal Investigation Agency and a Pakistan Cricket Board member, crossed the Wagah-Attari joint checkpost (JCP) between both countries on foot before heading for Dharamsala, nearly 235 km from Attari.

The Pakistan security team was joined by a Pakistani High Commission official in New Delhi and reviewed security arrangements for the Dharamsala match.

The visit of the Pakistan cricket team is being opposed by ex-servicemen and families of martyrs from Himachal Pradesh. They say they will not allow Pakistan to play the match at Dharamsala as the neighbouring country was responsible for repeated terror attacks in India in which many soldiers have sacrificed their lives.

Pakistan give green signal for Dharamsala T20, say sources

Last edited:
Expected. Good to see proper security measures being taken by the Indian government, our security team is satisfied-good going.
Do they have any other choice.. lol..........why all this drama.......
Don't act so naive. Threats were coming from all directions from the Shiv Sena and gang. They have been known to disrupt Cricket matches.

Don't act so naive. Threats were coming from all directions from the Shiv Sena and gang. They have been known to disrupt Cricket matches.
My Humble Request Sir Shivsena is Religious Extremist Hooligans but I Don't Think They Have Capability to Breach Z+ NSG Commando's Security Cover.Only Thing they can Do is Protest on Streets or Break Some Non Important Offices.

I actually think the biggest risk to the Pakistani team is coming from Pakistani terrorists. 2 days ago the Pak NSA said that there are 10 Pakistani LeT terrorists inside India and now Shivrati has passed without incident in Gujarat the remaining high profile event has got to be the T20 world cup and one has to ask why is the Pak side so concerned about their team this time around? Do they know more than they are saying?

@PARIKRAMA @anant_s @Levina @ranjeet @WAJsal @Water Car Engineer @Parul @nair @SpArK @noksss @skyisthelimit @my2cents @JanjaWeed @eyeswideshut @AUSTERLITZ @MilSpec @danish_vij @mkb95

I believe they have the whole intolerance perception in mind + The new Nautanki by CONgrass Virbhadra over organizing match. Hence the reason.

Even PCB knows, India is safer than Pak to play cricket.

I just hope everything goes well and we both India and Pak enjoy the world cup with true sportsmanship.

India is host country and it is our responsibility to take all the measures for the security and comfort of not only Pakistan but other countries too. In worst case scenario match will be shifted to other venue (most probably Mohali / Delhi). The problem is if Himachal state government give instructions to local law enforcement agencies to not to cooperate then central government need to provide all the security. It is easy job but they should make it clear with state government ASAP. Pak team going to be in Dharamshala for may be 2-3 days and match is only 6 hours long so not a big deal. On field both our country players behaved like gentlemen with not a single word uttered or wrong gesture and this reflect off field too. Frankly I am more worried about recent behaviour of Bangladeshi fans (graphic and off field) which might make Bangladeshi players target of booing.

Pakistan wants India match shifted out of Dharamsala

Pakistan have asked the ICC for a change of venue of their World T20 match against India, scheduled to be held in Dharamsala on March 19, after receiving a report from its three-man delegation that 'security is not assured' at the venue. ESPNcricinfo has learned that the report was handed over to the board and Pakistan's federal interior minister, Chaudary Nisar, after which it was decided that the Pakistan team would not travel to India on Wednesday as scheduled.

The PCB had, earlier on Tuesday, written to the ICC chief executive David Richardson asking to consider an alternative venue for the marquee match on March 19. It's understood to have proposed Kolkata or Mohali as a replacement for Dharamsala.

More to follow ...

Umar Farooq is ESPNcricinfo's Pakistan correspondent.

Pakistan wants India match shifted out of Dharamsala | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom