What's new

T20 World Cup 2016

Musafir117

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ok Guys next is T20 WC in India, let's put poltical aside and start warm up the coming thrilling, as myself I need few quick change in Pakistani cricket structure with change of Sheryar Khan Waqar Younis Shahid Afrdi( seems stay remain ) and need to change opening batsmen they proved they are not able for it! Middle order depend on opening pair but they doing somehow good(^○^) no immediate changing in bowling squad hope Wahab Riaz will be back.
Other teams freely put up their desires and stregties as well please.
Pakistan Vs India is on 19 March, under mention link provide all other events and dates. Good luck to all. Peace
ICC T20 World Cup 2016 Schedule, Time Table, Fixtures, Teams, ICC T20 WC Live Streaming Score

Well Solution is not that difficult

• Make Umer Akmal , a Opening Batsmen
  • Play Nawaz , the All Rounder Discovered last PSL
  • Drop Khuram Manzor bring in Ahmed Shazad (No Brainer)
  • Bring in Ehsan Edil drop Anwar ali

Starting Line up
Put the strongest technical players in opening role enough of this old fashion approach of putting best player at #5/7 Misbah will give you that 20-25 solid runs and some power hitting start of match

#1 Umar Akmal
#2 Misbah Ul Haq

#3 Azhar Ali
#4 Shoaib Malik
#5 Ahmed Shazad
#6 Sarfaraz
#7 NAWAZ
#8 Wahab
#9 Irfan
#10 Amir
#11 Edil

Drop Afridi / Sharjeel / Khurram Manzor/ Anwar ali

Last edited:
Well Solution is not that difficult

• Make Umer Akmal , a Opening Batsmen
  • Play Nawaz , the All Rounder Discovered last PSL
  • Drop Khuram Manzor bring in Ahmed Shazad (No Brainer)
  • Bring in Ehsan Edil drop Anwar ali

Starting Line up
Put the strongest technical players in opening role enough of this old fashion approach of putting best player at #5/7 Misbah will give you that 20-25 solid runs and some power hitting start of match

#1 Umar Akmal
#2 Misbah Ul Haq

#3 Azhar Ali
#4 Shoaib Malik
#5 Ahmed Shazad
#6 Sarfaraz
#7 NAWAZ
#8 Wahab
#9 Irfan
#10 Amir
#11 Edil

Drop Afridi / Sharjeel / Khurram Manzor/ Anwar ali

i disagree a bit here. Azhar is not a T20 player and newer will be, let him out. The problem with Ahmed Shahzad is not entirely his batting, but his attitude, he really thinks he is the king when on field, and he lacks technique on his off side, which several commentators also have pointed out. As wicketkeeper I prefer Mhmd Rizwan. Wahab is not a leading senior bowler, he leaks to much and cannot contain the batsmen when necessary, I want to give Sadaf Hussain a chance. Just my 2 cent.

For India I only wish we don't prepare those green pitches. Keep it dead dry.

Indian team is perfect for T-20WC. I see no weak links in Indian team as of now as almost all players have perfromed good in recent matches ( Australia, SL and now Asia cup).
PS: May be we didn't see much from Sir Jadeja but he didn't get much chances too.

Indian team is perfect for T-20WC. I see no weak links in Indian team as of now as almost all players have perfromed good in recent matches ( Australia, SL and now Asia cup).
PS: May be we didn't see much from Sir Jadeja but he didn't get much chances too.
Tell me about Indian cricket structure I mean selectors etc did they chose on merit or also use like or dislike select someone on captain desire or influence of some politician etc?
Here we lot of mess in selection hence we have a great talent around but from captain to coach selection committee politicians are have share to select someone which make some issues among team players.

Tell me about Indian cricket structure I mean selectors etc did they chose on merit or also use like or dislike select someone on captain desire or influence of some politician etc?
Here we lot of mess in selection hence we have a great talent around but from captain to coach selection committee politicians are have share to select someone which make some issues among team players.
BCCI is an autonomous body... that's the reason they are somewhat immune to political interference... There may be politics at Club... State level.. but when it comes to national level... No politician can dictate BCCI. They don't take any money form Government so there is limited intervention from the GOI.

Press Trust of India | Lahore March 3, 2016 Last Updated at 21:29 IST

link-icon.png

The Pakistan Cricket Board today threatened to pull out of the forthcoming ICC World Twenty20 if they are not guaranteed foolproof security and a "public statement" about its participation in the mega-event by the Indian government.

Even as uncertainty refused to die down over the fate of the high-profile match - scheduled to be held in Dharamsala on March 19 - with Himachal Pradesh's ex-servicemen league protesting against hosting the game, PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan called for India to publicly acknowledge Pakistan's participation in the tournament.

"We have told the ICC that there is only one step that the Indian government needs to take and that is to issue a public statement that they are ready to welcome Pakistan and ensure full security for our team, which hasn't come as yet," Shaharyar said.

"We have already been given permission (to travel) and we want to come, but we need reassurance and they should give a statement that will create a sense of security among us. I spoke to the BCCI and they are giving us a private assurance, claiming that it's all about internal politics, nothing else, and that Pakistan should come.

"But a public statement is important and it should come, as there are threats and we can see them. We have written to the ICC that they should come forward and we've asked the Indian government to assure us and give a statement. If they won't give the statement, then I see it's very difficult to go to India. There is no deadline in making the decision but we will have to monitor till the end and can even pull out at the eleventh hour."

Referring to the match, ex-servicemen league's state chief Maj Vijay Singh Mankotia said that the "matter is non-negotiable", a day after Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh advised BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur to sort out the issue of holding the game with families of martyrs and ex-servicemen who lost their lives in the Pathankot airbase terror attack in January.

"We have concerns and the threats are Pakistan-specific. Even now, the Himachal Pradesh chief minister has also said that they will not guarantee the security," Shaharyar said during a press conference at the Gaddafi Stadium here.

"We have been informing the ICC on a daily basis about these threats which is not encouraging for us."

The PCB has been keeping a tab on the developments in the northern state.

Shaharyar said, "Although our government has already given permission, these latest threats need to be taken seriously. Political parties like Shiv Sena (threatened us), now even the Congress has also said they will not let us play along with some other groups. Those are the ones creating agitation.

Pakistan threatens to pull out of ICC World T20 | Business Standard News

Last edited:
The Pakistan Cricket Board today threatened to pull out of the forthcoming ICC World Twenty20 if they are not guaranteed foolproof security and a "public statement" about its participation in the mega-event by the Indian government.

Even as uncertainty refused to die down over the fate of the high-profile match - scheduled to be held in Dharamsala on March 19 - with Himachal Pradesh's ex-servicemen league protesting against hosting the game, PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan called for India to publicly acknowledge Pakistan's participation in the tournament.

"We have told the ICC that there is only one step that the Indian government needs to take and that is to issue a public statement that they are ready to welcome Pakistan and ensure full security for our team, which hasn't come as yet," Shaharyar said.

"We have already been given permission (to travel) and we want to come, but we need reassurance and they should give a statement that will create a sense of security among us. I spoke to the BCCI and they are giving us a private assurance, claiming that it's all about internal politics, nothing else, and that Pakistan should come.

"But a public statement is important and it should come, as there are threats and we can see them. We have written to the ICC that they should come forward and we've asked the Indian government to assure us and give a statement. If they won't give the statement, then I see it's very difficult to go to India. There is no deadline in making the decision but we will have to monitor till the end and can even pull out at the eleventh hour."

Referring to the match, ex-servicemen league's state chief Maj Vijay Singh Mankotia said that the "matter is non-negotiable", a day after Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh advised BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur to sort out the issue of holding the game with families of martyrs and ex-servicemen who lost their lives in the Pathankot airbase terror attack in January.

"We have concerns and the threats are Pakistan-specific. Even now, the Himachal Pradesh chief minister has also said that they will not guarantee the security," Shaharyar said during a press conference at the Gaddafi Stadium here.

"We have been informing the ICC on a daily basis about these threats which is not encouraging for us."

The PCB has been keeping a tab on the developments in the northern state.

Shaharyar said, "Although our government has already given permission, these latest threats need to be taken seriously. Political parties like Shiv Sena (threatened us), now even the Congress has also said they will not let us play along with some other groups. Those are the ones creating agitation.

Pakistan threatens to pull out of ICC World T20 | Business Standard News
Can Ireland play instead??

Afghanistan should be invited instead

At least they will present a challenge

First round group A is the Group of Death

On their day, Ireland can beat Bangladesh

And if that happens, their won't be a dry Lungi anywhere in Bangladesh

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom