What's new

T-LORAMIDS Tender | Updates & Discussion

What is the best option for the T-LORAMIDS Program

• Total voters
man...it'd be good but, i'm sure that the hellenic s-300s are not the same as Iran's and other nations s-300s. My 2cent brotha

Iran doesn't have the S-300s. This HQ-9 deal may well include Pakistan as a guarantor, you'll get the top notch gear. ;)

HQ-19 = THAAD & HQ-26 = SM-3

DN-2 is China's unique GEO ASAT and midcourse interception system, China will have these techs in store.

HQ-9 is a mature and reliable tech, but it is far from China's most advanced tech for now.
Isnt the HQ-9 an upgraded variant of the S-300?

This puts us in a very strange situation,lets see what happens next.

As latest reports indicated that The requirements of T-LORAMIDS tender changed and The project model is arranged as co-development, co-production for Long range air defence missiles to be selected. Such reports clearly pointed out risen Chinese chance with latest arrangements on tender.

I mean Turkey will use Chinese systems/expertise/some subsystems to develop a Turkish FD-2000 equivalent togather with China and integrate Turkey's network centric warfare environment (I think). Most probably, Exporting rights of Turkish FD-2000 will be owned We will see...

As latest reports indicated that The requirements of T-LORAMIDS tender changed and The project model is arranged as co-development, co-production for Long range air defence missiles to be selected. Such reports clearly pointed out risen Chinese chance with latest arrangements on tender.

I mean Turkey will use Chinese systems/expertise/some subsystems to develop a Turkish FD-2000 equivalent togather with China and integrate Turkey's network centric warfare environment (I think). Most probably, Exporting rights of Turkish FD-2000 will be owned We will see...
That would be better understandable,''further development'' should be the key words here.

I can't remember exactly but i think it was some NATO official that said you won't be allowed to data link the system with the NATO radars in Turkey,that's why you could use it as a stand alone system within the protective umbrella you're building.

Do you think that some specifics will be released ? Was this just a financial decision? I don't like the Patriots very much but i think Aster is a powerful platform and i think that the french would have provided ToT also.

There are some serious questions around these issues so anything I say should also be taken with a grain of salt. :smart: :raise:

As I understand here is how this works. We have our own independant C4I infrasturcture (forgot the name, developed by Havelsan of Turkey). The main C&C center in Ankara gathers all its information from land based radars, airbourne platforms ...etc, compiles them into a single "god's view" picture of theater and shares this info with assets on the ground. From a computer guys (me :D) point of view, there would be nothing stopping us from integrating these platforms since we have our own "glue" connecting them together. I think what many of these articles refer to (aside from usual political agendas) is that we may not be able to link our AWACS directly with these missile batteries (therefore bypassing the need for a centralized system). While it could have been good having this capability, I really don't see it as essential.

Note that I might be completely wrong on this :)

@hacksquat Not Peace Eagle AWACS(remember our AWACS are customized with our own avionics) but they probably mean NATO radar installed on Kürecik which connected to NATO collective missile shield which again connected to SM-3 intercept missiles located on Europe mainland and AEGIS AAW destroyer owned by many US allies.But in the end it doesn't matter because those intercept missiles will not be located on Turkiye therefore can not help us also we refused to be part of AEGIS system our AAW destroyer will carry our own software by Havelsan(because we refused AEGIS in first place US did not give us SM-3 anti-ballistic missiles for our AAW destroyer).

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember exactly but i think it was some NATO official that said you won't be allowed to data link the system with the NATO radars in Turkey,that's why you could use it as a stand alone system within the protective umbrella you're building.

Do you think that some specifics will be released ? Was this just a financial decision? I don't like the Patriots very much but i think Aster is a powerful platform and i think that the french would have provided ToT also.

Mate, i am aware that you can't remember exactly infact you are forgetting your own words. :)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/260275-turkey-leaning-towards-hq-9-a.html#post4450879

@Hyperion what are your thoughts about the subject ?

Last edited by a moderator:
UZUN MENZİLLİ BÖLGE HAVA VE FÜZE SAVUNMA SİSTEMİ PROJESİ KAPSAMINDA ÇİN HALK CUMHURİYETİ’NDE YERLEŞİK CPMIEC KURULUŞU İLE DEĞERLENDİRMEYE ESAS TEKLİF BEDELİ ÜZERİNDEN, SİSTEMLERİN VE FÜZELERİNİN TÜRKİYE’DE ORTAK ÜRETİMİNİ SAĞLAYACAK ŞEKİLDE SÖZLEŞME GÖRÜŞMELERİNE BAŞLANMASINA,

Long Range Air and Missile Defence System CPMIEC AGENCY PROJECT RESIDENT IN THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA BASED ON THE CONSIDERATION IN THE PRICE OFFER, systems, and to provide joint production of missiles TURKEY start contract negotiations,

Excellent decision by Turkey. Now our two Nations can buy more weapons systems from China as their technology develops and with ToT we can do more Joint Ventures between our three countries.

So, my question again. Was this the only decision/topic in this meeting?

Explain why?

EU's Aster-30 and S-30 variant that Russia's gonna offer are more reliable and more advanced. We picked HQ-9 only because it was cheap. Probly, we had to go for the cheap one maybe because we had spented trillions for Syria...etc.

Step by step !

-Tender opened (direct procurement)
-Desicion delayed
-NATO deployed Patriot
-USA offered 2 PAC-3 batteries along with free PAC-3 batteries already stationed in Turkey
-Aselsan/Roketsan collaboration told SSM to develop domestic Long range SAM system.
-SSM changed project model from direct order to co-development with min %50 input
-Desicion given for China, FD-2000

I srongly believe that The missiles developed will be Chinese FD-2000 derivative fully integrated in Turkey's NATO network, Otherwise, Choosing a non-NATO system wthout integration of current existing radar network is just stupidy...

So, my question again. Was this the only decision/topic in this meeting?

There were 2 more

- TUAF will buy 15 Hürkuş

- Regarding MILGEM , Original contract with the RMK marine scrapped. 3rd and 4th corvettes will be built in İstanbul Naval Shipyard which belongs to TAF and a new tender will be utilized for the remaining ships.

Back
Top Bottom