What's new

T-80 and T-84 Main Battle Tanks Information pool

How many T-80/T-84s are available which PA can easily acquire with some upgrades?

How many T-80/T-84s are available which PA can easily acquire with some upgrades?

1500 in storage in Russia as the reserve for Russian army. I am not sure if Russia will be willing to sell those and for what price.
is there a need for T-80 tank? Aren’t we already working on multiple tank
Project?

1500 in storage in Russia as the reserve for Russian army. I am not sure if Russia will be willing to sell those and for what price.
is there a need for T-80 tank? Aren’t we already working on multiple tank
Project?
I'm just talking about Ukrainian T80s

If HIT can develop a good upgrade package toT80 independently. Then buying them from Ukraine and upgrading them locally is good option. otherwise it's risky option could result in delays and unavailability of same.

If HIT can develop a good upgrade package toT80 independently. Then buying them from Ukraine and upgrading them locally is good option. otherwise it's risky option could result in delays and unavailability of same.

HIT is busy with other upgrade projects..
Any update on T-85 upgrade?

Do you think Pak Army is somehow serious in acquiring from current or past users some T-80s and T-84s to complement the current fleet?

As T-54/55s and Chinese derivatives are going in the hands of Paramilitary Forces and Border Security Forces.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

T-80UD was the first MBT in PA with the ability to launch ATGM

Ours came with Reflex ATGMs

The ones circled are ATGMS

1606458075790.png

Last edited:
Is PA still interested in acquiring T-80s from Ukraine with some upgrades or not?
I'm asking the same question again as things have changed now with UCAVs and other weapons in war.

T-84 Oplot is a good tank, overall on par with VT-4. It's also cheaper than VT-4. The problem is Ukraine's ability to deliver, as souring of relations with Russia crippled Ukraine's tank production in meaningful numbers. These are built with refurbished hulls from T-80UD.

For those of you that don't know, China's Type 99 actually has a bit of lineage with T-80. China imported about 50 units of T-80U in the early 1990's from Russia for armor design studies. Some of that design actually trickled down to the MBT-2000, which is the ancestor of VT-4. So in a way, you ended up buying T-80 nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom