What's new

T-80 and T-84 Main Battle Tanks Information pool

A lot of interesting activity going on at HIT. A whole bunch of containers being delivered. They are assembling something new, using a new facility not used for AK production or upgrading other tanks. Remember, although AK is an indigenous tank, we have also been assembling tanks since the T69. HIT could be locally assembling a tank of foreign origin along with producing the AK and upgrading other tanks.
HIT is being retooled n upgraded so as to enhance its capability n increase its production capacity. The work is in its last stages.
That's wt the containers were for

HIT should be split and spread about the country concentrating total production here is counter productive during war time. Knocking this facility out would render a total loss of production and war time building.
I agree. Should also consider moving production facilities to interior Sindh, KP and Baluchistan, especially the latter two as they're away from the Indian border.

Ideally, while HIT concentrates on manufacturing and assembly, a growing number of local SMEs from all over Pakistan take part in supplying inputs, i.e., steel, composites, electronics, engine parts, etc.

I agree. Should also consider moving production facilities to interior Sindh, KP and Baluchistan, especially the latter two as they're away from the Indian border.

Ideally, while HIT concentrates on manufacturing and assembly, a growing number of local SMEs from all over Pakistan take part in supplying inputs, i.e., steel, composites, electronics, engine parts, etc.

HIT needs to be run under a public and private partnership issue some bonds to raise money to upgrade and after that it needs to be self sufficient ..otherwise it will turn in to a white elephant because it lacks a long term vision it cant simply depend on army orders ..you never know like the VT4 MBT the army might say it is cheaper to get things off the shelf from anyone rather then produce it HIT ..

HIT needs to be run under a public and private partnership issue some bonds to raise money to upgrade and after that it needs to be self sufficient ..otherwise it will turn in to a white elephant because it lacks a long term vision it cant simply depend on army orders ..you never know like the VT4 MBT the army might say it is cheaper to get things off the shelf from anyone rather then produce it HIT ..

The private defense industry is only sustainable if the pipeline is full, hence turning it public might not be a good idea at this point. However, I like @Bilal Khan (Quwa) idea the best to concentrate on manufacturing and assemble and have the private industry supply the inputs of the product. We can are start by having HIT's smaller units be spun of, and have investors built up cash and launch it in the national and international market.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

KP Baluchistan would be the most ideal locations suited for this, rugged terrain (mountainous) whereas parts of Punjab and Sindhi are flat plain suitable for enemies making a quick thrust and knock out product.

The private defense industry is only sustainable if the pipeline is full, hence turning it public might not be a good idea. However, I like @Bilal Khan (Quwa) idea the best to concentrate on manufacturing and assemble and have the private industry supply the inputs of the product. We are start by having HITs small units be spun of.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

KP Baluchistan would be the most idea location suited for this rugged terrain (mountainous) whereas parts of Punjab and Sindhi are flat plain suitable for enemies to make a quick thrust and knock out product.
You can split HIT business lines further.

So, all wheeled applications can be a 'Khyber Heavy Vehicles' entity in KP. So, this entity can assemble 4x4 LAVs, 8x8 AFVs, trucks, etc. Obviously, the inputs should come from the local private sector.

Likewise, you can move the tracked APC/IFV line to Baluchistan. So, all of the Talha, Saad, Viper, etc vehicles can roll-out of an assembly line here, again, under a model like that of KP.

And finally, HIT can focus on MBTs and, if we choose to get there, tracked SPHs. HIT can keep its gun forging plant and design/development facilities as well. So, it can be the HQ for the KP and Baluchistan facilities.

As for interior Sindh, you can look at setting up a SEZ focused on manufacturing inputs for military and heavy civilian vehicles alike. Invite the domestic private sector to invest in ventures that will manufacture key inputs (e.g., engine, transmission, gearbox, chassis, etc) on a turn-key basis.

So, all wheeled applications can be a 'Khyber Heavy Vehicles' entity in KP. So, this entity can assemble 4x4 LAVs, 8x8 AFVs, trucks, etc. Obviously, the inputs should come from the local private sector.

Likewise, you can move the tracked APC/IFV line to Baluchistan. So, all of the Talha, Saad, Viper, etc vehicles can roll-out of an assembly line here, again, under a model like that of KP.

And finally, HIT can focus on MBTs and, if we choose to get there, tracked SPHs. HIT can keep its gun forging plant and design/development facilities as well. So, it can be the HQ for the KP and Baluchistan facilities.

As for interior Sindh, you can look at setting up a SEZ focused on manufacturing inputs for military and heavy civilian vehicles alike. Invite the domestic private sector to invest in ventures that will manufacture key inputs (e.g., engine, transmission, gearbox, chassis, etc) on a turn-key basis.

Very well put, and most importantly the development of Human Labor will be immense in the regions they operate, the jobs it'll create and the learning curve will allow individuals to develop ideas and better the defense industry.

How many times have we seen the employees themselves develop the next generation tech based on simple ideas they have after working on previous projects, etc.

But in war time you will have a force that is able bodied and ready, to assist the armed forces in production a sort of synergy.

SEZ is critical for liquidity purposes and I'm hoping Gwadar quickly comes online within the next 5-10 years as we need the injection of liquidity. This project has already been slowed down to many times, and it's almost bordering on negligence.

I once biked (bicycle) from Islamabad to Taxila, and back. HIT is already in KP.

There is already a lot of sub contracting by HIT.

I once biked (bicycle) from Islamabad to Taxila, and back. HIT is already in KP.
KP starts after the Indus.

whilst I agree with the point in the business sense of developing a core focussed business energy, I disagree with the notion of fragmented locations for sake of having a presence in each and every region, to show some kind of fairness? a business should be located where it makes business sense, combined with security considerations as these will be defence contractors.

Shouldn't POF and PAC be split up as well then??

Did you miss the UET bus??

Back
Top Bottom