What's new

SZ-9 launched successfully`!!!

John Glenn admitted U.S. inferiority

Former astronaut and U.S. senator John Glenn had the courage to accept the truth (see post #111). You cowards do not.
Nothing but a temporary set back due to financial difficulties. Not at all because of technological achievements.

John Glenn admitted U.S. inferiority

Former astronaut and U.S. senator John Glenn had the courage to accept the truth (see post #111). You cowards do not.

The reason that US cannot send men to space in the next few years is because of bad planning. But not because of lack of technical capability. You make it sound like China has surpassed US in space technology. But even you would not believe that China is ahead of US in space technology. The fact that US is not able to send man to space today is because of bad planning, not lack of ability.

And you're the idiot who looks at pictures and comes up with ridiculous theories.
Hold up...Those theories are 'Chinese physics' and are very valid to the Chinese here. May be worthless in the real world but...

You've heard of Von braun but not Goddard ?!?!?! He built the world's first rocket. The guy is an inventor and a physicist.
i was interested in the V2 in my school days and was interested in understanding the logic behind the support for NAZI by the german people then.

and you low iq is googling for your nonsense!

Okay dude...i had my share of laughs :lol: I could go on.....and on......and on......but unfortunately i have a package to pick up. Toodles. :P

Former astronaut John Glenn: U.S. has no manned launch capability for the "next five to ten years"

Show me the U.S. launch capsule that can send a person into space.

When you are out of the game for the "next five to ten years," you are second-best. There is no way around it.

----------

The John Glenn School of Public Affairs | Sen. John Glenn?s statement regarding NASA manned space flight

"STATEMENT OF SENATOR JOHN GLENN (Ret.)
REGARDING NASA MANNED SPACE FLIGHT
– JUNE 17, 2010

These are critical days for the future of Manned Space Flight. Conflicting views and advice come to the President and Congress from every quarter in the aerospace and science communities. There is good reason for the concern.

The U.S. for the first time since the beginning of the Space Age will have no way to launch anyone into space – starting next January.

Our astronauts will have to be launched in Russian spacecraft, from a Russian base in Kazakhstan, to go to our International Space Station.

Starting at the end of this year, and probably for the next five to ten years, the launches of U.S. astronauts into space will be viewed in classrooms and homes in America only through the courtesy of Russian TV.

For the “world’s greatest spacefaring nation,” that is hard to accept.

I do not believe it has to be this way."

I would chalk this up as another failure of the Obama regime. That is why Americans will vote him out this Nov. US certainly have the ability to send man to space. But because of lack of leadership and failure to plan, US is left without a human space launch system. It takes a politicians to mess things up.

thanks for the Info, but heared of no Robert Goddard but sure will try to read about him. But for me, Von Braun was the one who desigened the V2 which was the first successful rocket engineered by man

I've heard of Goddard, but i still think Saturn V was the masterpiece work of von Braun, and don't tell me that Goddard could pull out the same thing if he was alive, since the history cannot be alternated. :coffee:

^^^^ Martian2 ... first time I do partially agree with you that US is behind China at this moment.

I'd like to re phrase your words .... At this moment USA is behind China in terms of launching manned space mission due to unavailaqbility of capsules/ shuttles.

But this does not automatically imply that USA is behind China in technology for manned space mission. They had all required technology decades back and still ahead of China. It's just bad planning or financial crunch do not exaggerate

i was interested in the V2 in my school days and was interested in understanding the logic behind the support for NAZI by the german people then.
Goddard financed most of his work himself while von Braun first had the Nazi then the US governments. Still...

Robert H. Goddard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nevertheless, in 1963, von Braun, reflecting on the history of rocketry, said of Goddard: "His rockets [...] may have been rather crude by present-day standards, but they blazed the trail and incorporated many features used in our most modern rockets and space vehicles".
Goddard died in 1945. Last time I checked, death tends to put a crimper on anything ELSE you might want to accomplish. :lol:

Neither can I. Show US where we cannot support a human being alive. Show US where that if we can put a satellite into orbit, we cannot substitute for a human being. The thing is this: If someone can do <something> before you, it is absurd to say that he cannot do it anymore just because some circumstances discouraged him from doing it again. I say discourage, not disable. Financial is discouragement, losing a leg is disabling, as in if I lose a leg I can no longer ride a bicycle but can still drive a car.

See the differences?

Refuting crap with a reputable citation

You clowns make all sorts of b.s. claims. I shoot you down with reputable citations.

----------

China Launches its First Woman Astronaut - Businessweek

"The U.S. ended its three-decade manned space-shuttle program last year and now has no manned spaceflight capability."

I've heard of Goddard, but i still think Saturn V was the masterpiece work of von Braun, and don't tell me that Goddard could pull out the same thing if he was alive, since the history cannot be alternated. :coffee:
If you are willing to give ancient China the credit for just about everything created today based upon whatever China created back then, then be consistent and give Goddard his due. But I guess intellectual honesty is hard to come by for a Chinese.

^^^^ Martian2 ... first time I do partially agree with you that US is behind China at this moment.

I'd like to re phrase your words .... At this moment USA is behind China in terms of launching manned space mission due to unavailaqbility of capsules/ shuttles.

But this does not automatically imply that USA is behind China in technology for manned space mission. They had all required technology decades back and still ahead of China. It's just bad planning or financial crunch do not exaggerate

Refuting crap with a reputable citation

You clowns make all sorts of b.s. claims. I shoot you down with reputable citations.
What you showed is news articles. Big deal. Show US how the US can NO LONGER put a human being into space.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom