What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

The only remaining regime positions in Idlib right now are Qarqur, Fua and Kefarya, and Abu Duhour air port. Qarqur is soon to be taken. This means that Hama and Latakia are open to be attacked, what would make sense is attacking Hama.
Yes, but notice they have ONLY mentioned Lebanon (which they mean Hezbollah), Iran, and Russia. No other states are mentioned by name. This means that they are obviously biased. Several other reports also do the exact same thing.
According to their documentation, 186,000 civilians died in total (as of early 2015,) of which 177,000 were killed by the regime. It's obvious that this isn't bias, but prioritizing the real problem. Especially since most of the armament rebels got was reactionary, they got armed after Assad got armed.

According to their documentation, 186,000 civilians died in total (as of early 2015,) of which 177,000 were killed by the regime. It's obvious that this isn't bias, but prioritizing the real problem. Especially since most of the armament rebels got was reactionary, they got armed after Assad got armed.

If they are biased, which their work easily shows, then it is obvious that their numbers can't be trusted.

If they are biased, which their work easily shows, then it is obvious that their numbers can't be trusted.
You can debate your numbers. Get a volunteer network of thousands of Syrians all across the country, and see what they tell you. Then come back to me and say their numbers can't be trusted.

About the rebel advance in Ghab Plain/Idlib:
CLBVZzzWIAA05zo.jpg:large

And this is a large-scale map of the situation of Ghab Plain:
CLAp3rcWsAEMbTe.jpg:large

Some insane Nusra footage from the operation, First Person view of a tank:

Last edited:
You can debate your numbers. Get a volunteer network of thousands of Syrians all across the country, and see what they tell you. Then come back to me and say their numbers can't be trusted.

We should have the courage to challenge reports, instead of look for information to back up our belief system. In today's mass media world, anyone can find any biased data to support any crap they believe in.

mit-isci-alimi.jpg

''Turkey, Syrian Turkmen team up to form United Turkmen Army The high-profile Syrian Turkmen delegation attends a secret meeting 'coordinated by the intelligence agency, or MIT' in Ankara to increase cooperation in combating extremist groups and regime forces.

The United Turkmen Army is said to be acting with the Turkish troops during Turkey's cross-border operations which will be coordinated by key intelligence officials in Ankara. The united brigades are expected to make their first appearance after all military preparations are completed following the talks in Ankara. Senior Turkmen commanders will show off their troops with a military parade in the Turkmen Mountain region.''

We should have the courage to challenge reports, instead of look for information to back up our belief system. In today's mass media world, anyone can find any biased data to support any crap they believe in.
SNHR are not biased. They have people on the ground. They report every death that happens, who was killed, where, who killed them, with what, etc... they have comprehensive documentation. Now, if you want to run an operation similar to them, go ahead, otherwise, take their information and believe it, because they are the best source for any casualty numbers. Now I know it's hard for Iranians to accept that they support mass-genocide, dictatorships, rapists, drug dealers, etc...but maybe open your eyes a bit and notice that you do do that. Look at their website in an unbiased perspective and then come back.
I have looked at this war in every perspective possible.
I've looked from Bashar's point of view: What if the rebels are foreign terrorists killing the Syrian people? That doesn't make sense, most rebels speak with Syrian dialects, and rebels have displayed in their videos that they try their best to avoid civilian casualties. They also distribute aid constantly, and wherever they go they have local support (minus alawite areas.) They also were the ones to defend protesters against the regime. So that POV is wrong.
I've looked from ISIS's point of view: What if really everyone other than ISIS are Sahawat and ISIS are on the right path? That doesn't make sense, they've executed innocents for no reason and they also execute people for reasons that Islam doesn't allow any execution or any punishment in the first place.
I've looked from the Kurds' point of view: What if they really deserve to secede from Syria? No, that doesn't make sense, 1 more country = more nationalism = more problems.
Maybe, just maybe, if you look from an unbiased point of view you'll see things differently. I've looked at every other POV objectively and found little to no basis in all of their claims, but rebels have plenty of evidence for their own claims.

SNHR are not biased. They have people on the ground. They report every death that happens, who was killed, where, who killed them, with what, etc... they have comprehensive documentation. Now, if you want to run an operation similar to them, go ahead, otherwise, take their information and believe it, because they are the best source for any casualty numbers. Now I know it's hard for Iranians to accept that they support mass-genocide, dictatorships, rapists, drug dealers, etc...but maybe open your eyes a bit and notice that you do do that. Look at their website in an unbiased perspective and then come back.
I have looked at this war in every perspective possible.
I've looked from Bashar's point of view: What if the rebels are foreign terrorists killing the Syrian people? That doesn't make sense, most rebels speak with Syrian dialects, and rebels have displayed in their videos that they try their best to avoid civilian casualties. They also distribute aid constantly, and wherever they go they have local support (minus alawite areas.) They also were the ones to defend protesters against the regime. So that POV is wrong.
I've looked from ISIS's point of view: What if really everyone other than ISIS are Sahawat and ISIS are on the right path? That doesn't make sense, they've executed innocents for no reason and they also execute people for reasons that Islam doesn't allow any execution or any punishment in the first place.
I've looked from the Kurds' point of view: What if they really deserve to secede from Syria? No, that doesn't make sense, 1 more country = more nationalism = more problems.
Maybe, just maybe, if you look from an unbiased point of view you'll see things differently. I've looked at every other POV objectively and found little to no basis in all of their claims, but rebels have plenty of evidence for their own claims.

I'm not asking to look at it from a particular viewpoint in this conversation. My main point was merely that the sources you use was not trustworthy. How can we say they are not trustworthy? Its because they have a clear, biased agenda. Any source that has a clear, biased agenda makes it hard for me to fully trust their report, specially when it can not be verifiable.

Sometimes biased sources can make claims that we have no choice but to accept the, due to how solid their evidence is. But SNHR's data is not solid. One example would be that, how can we be sure the person that was killed by any side was a "civilian" or not. If a civilian takes up arms, will he be counted as armed or civilian? If he gets killed, would the "activist" on ground, who is anti-government, not count him as an innocent civilian? Of course, he will.

I'm not asking to look at it from a particular viewpoint in this conversation. My main point was merely that the sources you use was not trustworthy. How can we say they are not trustworthy? Its because they have a clear, biased agenda. Any source that has a clear, biased agenda makes it hard for me to fully trust their report, specially when it can not be verifiable.

Sometimes biased sources can make claims that we have no choice but to accept the, due to how solid their evidence is. But SNHR's data is not solid. One example would be that, how can we be sure the person that was killed by any side was a "civilian" or not. If a civilian takes up arms, will he be counted as armed or civilian? If he gets killed, would the "activist" on ground, who is anti-government, not count him as an innocent civilian? Of course, he will.
So the fact that they want government forces to stop bombing cities is a "clear, biased, agenda?"
With that logic, HRW asking Saudi Arabia to stop bombing civilians in Houthi-held areas is a "clear, biased, agenda." But obviously you agree with that "clear, biased, agenda" because it fits your narrative. SNHR has asked all groups to not target civilian areas, not just government forces. But based on their documentation, Government forces target civilian areas a lot more than other groups.
Civilians who take up arms are counted as combatants. SNHR's statistics are backed up with evidence, a lot of airstrikes, bombings, etc. have people filming them and you can see the result of the deaths. Search up Sham Network SNN on YouTube and you'll see what I mean, almost every day there is a video of aftermath of an airstrike, and SNHR's documentation matches exactly what happened there.

So the fact that they want government forces to stop bombing cities is a "clear, biased, agenda?"
With that logic, HRW asking Saudi Arabia to stop bombing civilians in Houthi-held areas is a "clear, biased, agenda." But obviously you agree with that "clear, biased, agenda" because it fits your narrative. SNHR has asked all groups to not target civilian areas, not just government forces. But based on their documentation, Government forces target civilian areas a lot more than other groups.
Civilians who take up arms are counted as combatants. SNHR's statistics are backed up with evidence, a lot of airstrikes, bombings, etc. have people filming them and you can see the result of the deaths. Search up Sham Network SNN on YouTube and you'll see what I mean, almost every day there is a video of aftermath of an airstrike, and SNHR's documentation matches exactly what happened there.

They are not biased for being against violence. They are biased because the way the papers are presented shows a particular slant that fits a particular political narrative.

They are not biased for being against violence. They are biased because the way the papers are presented shows a particular slant that fits a particular political narrative.
Alright then. So you want me to use PressTV, SANA, RT, or some other idiot-website? Because you clearly don't understand what bias is.

Anyways, back to topic:
Rebels are able to crush Assad quickly now. The only obstacle is...
CLFLLAPUwAADp8z.jpg

CLFLLAPVAAAX8AH.jpg

Alright then. So you want me to use PressTV, SANA, RT, or some other idiot-website? Because you clearly don't understand what bias is.

Anyways, back to topic:
CLFLLAPUwAADp8z.jpg

CLFLLAPVAAAX8AH.jpg
How reliable is this source? If true, I can't imagine why they'd do such a thing.

How reliable is this source? If true, I can't imagine why they'd do such a thing.
One possible explanation is they don't want the rebels to be to weakened by attacks on Damascus. Post Assad, if the rebels are weak it will be a piece of cake for Isis to take over if the rebels are depleted on manpower and not to mention that they are very disorganized even now. Imagine what will happen when their common goal of taking down Assad goes away.

Anyways, back to topic:
CLFLLAPUwAADp8z.jpg

CLFLLAPVAAAX8AH.jpg

I was telling you guys this in the beginning of Daraa op. Not because of any sources , just common sense. I figured out what Iran is really about and came to the conclusion that they won't allow Iran to be strategically harmed.

One possible explanation is they don't want the rebels to be to weakened by attacks on Damascus. Post Assad, if the rebels are weak it will be a piece of cake for Isis to take over if the rebels are depleted on manpower and not to mention that they are very disorganized even now. Imagine what will happen when their common goal of taking down Assad goes away.

No, they can use rebels in north and kurds to go on offensive against ISIS. It's simply because two reasons:

1. If Iran loses Syria they know that Iran can no longer wage sectarian war against Sunni Arabs. They like what Iran is doing.

2. They won't allow Sunni Arab islamists to power no matter what the cost, just as they won't allow Ikhwan in egypt or Hamas in Gaza, they won't allow syrian rebels. That's their goal in this conflict, dont allow rebels to win.

I'd say take the source with a grain of salt, but don't be surprised if what he says is true. An Islamist government would be a huge threat to US interests in the Middle East.

The problem with Islamists in the Arab world is that they are often too unorganized (just look at the divisions among SYRIAN Islamists in Syria while their country is burning) and many of them lack long-term visions. They are too shallow in many ways.

What genuine Islamists in Syria and elsewhere (Libya for instance) should be doing is to shun groups like Daesh completely and similar groups and try to gain a better reputation in the region and West. Once that happens they can grow in power, reform if necessary and cater for the people. Right now they are only present in chaotic countries and outsiders, especially decision makers in the West, might find it difficult to distinguish between the goals of for instance the Islamic Front and Daesh. I am talking about the simpletons here which most people are including the media and even to a big extend governments and their apparatuses.

Many more people like Tariq Ramadan are needed. Educated people who while adhering to a form of Islamist ideology are not against relations with the world or progress in general.

The Arab world as the cradle of civilization with ancient proud cultures and today mostly an Islamic identity should be able to develop a common cross border ideology based on culture, modernity and traditions.

Islamists should not be so shallow that they believe that the world today can be compared to the time of for instance the Abbasid Caliphate 800 years ago. It's a totally different reality today.

Islamists should be open to different opinions and be inclusive of people who are not Islamists whether Muslims or non-Muslims. Today I see too many village idiots who cannot do that and whose actions oppose Islamic teachings. Or people who compete in appearing more "Muslim" while in reality they are some of the biggest sinners.

If for instance KSA was a bit more liberal (in terms of laws), if some of the idiotic recent laws were removed and the people had a bigger say directly (a constitutional and not an absolute monarchy for instance) it would be a very good model to follow for Islamists. A model that should also incorporate non-Muslims and secularists which all past Caliphates (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abassid, Fatimid, Ottomans) did. In fact their policies were ahead of their time in many ways especially pre-Ottoman era which historians can attest. Here I am talking about for instance religious freedom (what was back then understood as religious freedom) etc.

@Dr.Thrax @Falcon29 @Ahmed Jo @Full Moon @Frosty @Gasoline etc.

I really believe that this is something that we need/have to discuss much more in the open. Islamists and non-Islamists alike.

I won't really judge anything this shortly after the so-called post Arab "Spring" period but hopefully I have delivered the message across.

EDIT:

Of course the US and West are not against the murderous Al-Assad regime truly. If they were he would have been gone long ago. Like Gaddafi, Saddam and others before them. The West is perfectly fine with status quo as Syria has no importance to them. Their main battle against Russia is fought in Ukraine nowadays, they (USA) are more busy with the rise of China as well. As long as extremists (mostly Daesh) and refugees are not flooding the EU they won't care that much about whether Al-Assad will stay or not. I said it more than 2 years ago and warned people that the US/West will not act and that Obama's "red lines" were nonsense.

In a way most of the blame goes to Daesh. Without them we would not be here. So this confirms the absolute lunacy/retardation of some Islamists (those who have joined Daesh from across the world). They are too stupid and can't see what is going on in the wider picture. Instead they are dreaming about conquering half of the world and establishing a Caliphate.

If the Islamists want to have a future they need to follow what I wrote above. If they did I have no doubt that many more locals would side with them and it would seriously challenge some of the incompetent regimes. Either that or a completely new route (a third one) should be followed. I can't see another route than combining secularism with the values of the region. I personally believe that Islam can coexist in a secular society which Turkey is a living example of. A country that is as conservative as many Arab countries. No big difference with Syria for instance or Lebanon to mention a few.

GCC too is not as conservative as many people believe either. Much of the conservatism is more bound in family values and was to a great extend imposed by the rules of the state, for instance in KSA. So KSA could with some changes adopt a "Turkish model" if necessary. UAE's model for instance albeit not perfect (neither is Turkey's though) is advancing in the right direction.

All signs point to such an development as you cannot fight the changes of this world unless you are one of the few untouched tribes of this planet but even they are dying out quickly. What is certain is that changes are necessary and will arrive. The important thing here is to make the transition as bloodless as possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom