What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Oh no, let me shed tears upon this Mosque that the very person you support has destroyed...oh no. I'm crying over this great Mosque, that Assad totally didn't flatten with his airstrikes. It was those Wahhabi-Salafi-Jihadi-Sunni-Takfiri-Terrorist-Rat rebels with their air force!
didn't need airforce to destroy a mosque .
your friends of IS and AQ are very good doing it.

| Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:44am EDT
Related: World, Syria
Rebels bombard Syria's government-held Aleppo| Reuters
BEIRUT

(Reuters) - Insurgents bombarded a government-held part of Syria's second city Aleppo overnight, killing at least five people, a group monitoring the war said.

State TV broadcast pictures showing heavily damaged buildings and streets strewn with rubble in the Suleimaniyah district of Aleppo, a city near the border with Turkey which is split between government and rebel control.

State media put the confirmed death toll at eight and said dozens more people were trapped under rubble. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based organization that tracks the war, said the number of dead was likely to increase.

Syria's Grand Mufti Ahmed Badr al-Din al-Hassoun, speaking on state TV, urged the complete destruction of insurgent-held areas from which shells were being fired.

"We inform the civilians there, be they supporters (of the insurgents), or not, to leave the area. Every area from which a shell is fired, should be completely destroyed," he said.

Aleppo is a major front line in the Syrian war. Insurgent groups in and around the city have repelled repeated attempts by the Syrian military and militia fighting alongside it to cut supply lines from Turkey to the rebels.

State news agency SANA described the insurgents behind the attack as hardline Islamist militants "linked to the Erdogan regime", a reference to Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan who wants to see President Bashar al-Assad removed from power.

(Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by Louise Ireland)

aghan shia militia brought by iranians to fight in syria and iraq

CCNkCZ_UsAIKJPU.jpg
CCNkDRRUkAEHsu3.jpg
CCNkED9UsAAm_BW.jpg

a1f44e57-7624-4d14-8d4a-30d2927ba0f2_16x9_600x338.jpg

علي رضا توسلي (يمين) مع قائد فيلق القدس قاسم سليماني

One of the main leaders of the Afghan militiamen in Syria fighting for Asad / Iran has been killed recently.
Qassim Sulaimani is not only famous for causing miserable defeats for Assad, but also most of those who took photos with him died. :lol:

So you're suggesting that rebels have an air force? You're a very special kind of ignorant aren't you.
it is not only airforce and by the way it is bit more powerful than knives which "rebels" have in their hands (especially by "rebels" i mean the worst groups, from IS/AQ to salafi zombies)

it is not only airforce and by the way it is bit more powerful than knives which "rebels" have in their hands (especially by "rebels" i mean the worst groups, from IS/AQ to salafi zombies)
Dude, the Mosque was destroyed by the air force. Rebels have some artillery, but way not enough to do that much damage. They would've had to pummel the Mosque for a year to do that damage.

Dude, the Mosque was destroyed by the air force. Rebels have some artillery, but way not enough to do that much damage. They would've had to pummel the Mosque for a year to do that damage.

So why aren't the Arab regimes doing anything about Syria when they are ready to invade Yemen for the Houtis coming into power. Just an innocuous question

it could be Asad troops. we can see they are many crazy guys there too.
anyway who ever did it ... what stupid crazy people . anyway barrel bombing places that shows how Asad should deserve no respect. sadly my country supports him. and i am ashamed of this.
and believe me if Iranians could choose in Iran: there would be no troop in there or any support. Especially it is better to spend for good inside Iran instead of sponsoring militias.

it could be Asad troops. we can see they are many crazy guys there too.
anyway who ever did it ... what stupid crazy people . anyway barrel bombing places that shows how Asad should deserve no respect. sadly my country supports him. and i am ashamed of this.
and believe me if Iranians could choose in Iran: there would be no troop in there or any support. Especially it is better to spend for good inside Iran instead of sponsoring militias.

Iran was put in a bad position with Syria. If they completely disowned Syria, then the country would be a haven for terrorists, and become like Libya without Gaddafi. Iran couldn't let this happen for two reasons. First of all, Iran is not a country to suddenly turn a blind eye on their ally and let it turn into chaos. Secondly, Iran would be hurt in the future from extremists like daesh.

From day 1, Iran said that all dialogue should involve Assad because if he is suddenly removed, there will be a vacuum, and this can create civil war. But initially, all anti-assad groups & countries were so excited about their project that they said that any condition for talks was to have Assad resign first. This was a stupid demand to make. And I also remember, the the Syria talks wouldn't even involve Iran.

However, this could have handled much better. If there was an honest concern for Syrians, then they should have involved Assad seriously in the talks, with both sides of debate being involved (that is, both Turkey AND Iran, both USA AND Russia and so on). They should then have planned for reforms, new elections, with international observers.

That's the problem with our region. Nations have very black & white attitudes towards their neighbors. In 2012, "President Mohamed Morsi of Egypt on Wednesday warned the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, that “your time won’t be long,” In 2011, "Turkey's prime minister said Tuesday that Syria's president must step down over the country's crackdown on dissent, ratcheting up the pressure on the increasingly isolated Bashar Assad.

And Iran would have supported pressure on Syria, if it was honest pressure, and not just an excuse to kick him out, and not care what happens to Syria. This is in 2011,

"Iran's foreign minister says he backs Syria's president but that the embattled Bashar al-Assad must pay heed to his citizenry's demands amid the country's instability, an Iranian news outlet reported on Saturday.
Semi-official Iranian Students News Agency quoted Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi as saying that Syria should be more cautious and patient in its dealings with the citizenry."

In the same report,
"Salehi insisted that al-Assad should be supported and that "changing the regime in Syria is unconventional and is followed by an evil purpose."

Salehi also said this very important phrase back then, “A vacuum in the Syrian regime would have an unpredictable impact on the region and its neighbors.”

This is critical. Qatar, Turkey, and Egypt did not care about the unpredictable impact.

Syria could have been handled much better, and I'm certain that Iran would have been willing to support a new phase for Syria.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom