What's new

Suspend Nato supply in reaction to drones: Parliamentary Committee

Sure! If they left Libya in a mess like they did with Afghanistan, people were left "on their own" by UN and US.. .....

You won't leave a region where people like you.

Governments only pull back when they see danger to their citizens.

The above statement blames the wrong side.

After the defeat of commies in Afghanistan, unfortunately Islamism and tribalism among Afghan warlords made it impossible for Americans / UN to stay on.l

Peace.

Thanks for the respectful reply, Osama was a twat (and IF he is alive, he still IS)

Let me ask your extreme self, when Osama bin Laden went to Afghanistan, who was the one who trained him, supported him and encouraged him to go ahead with killing the soviet soldiers?.. Bin-Laden family? No sire, they were CIA and US government..
..."

Sir, you don't even realize that OBL was in Sudan before coming to afghanistan.

Do you?

And if you do, then you have any idea as to why he was kicked out there?

This is nice to say at your level.

Unfortunately Indian gov is not "insulating" itself. Instead it is in the middle of all the mess in Afghanistan. There was no need for Indians to be there in the first place. But they did and continue doing so.

Hope this clarifies the things.

We need to be there so that what happened during the time Taliban was ruling there, doesn't happen again.

You won't leave a region where people like you.

Governments only pull back when they see danger to their citizens.

The above statement blames the wrong side.

After the defeat of commies in Afghanistan, unfortunately Islamism and tribalism among Afghan warlords made it impossible for Americans / UN to stay on.l

Peace.

It was not related to people's like and dislikes, it was purely based on "we have achieved our goal, we don't care about what mess we leave behind us"

Islamism and Tribalism only succeeded because UN abondoned the region.. if they had tried to support a democratic development in Afghanistan at that time like they are "supposedly" trying to do now.. This situation would not had occured..

Sir, you don't even realize that OBL was in Sudan before coming to afghanistan.

Do you?

And if you do, then you have any idea as to why he was kicked out there?

:) May i ask how old are you? cuz it seems all you know about Afghan-Soviet war is through some step-by-step instruction-guided study..

Well.. we can play the "blame game" if you want.. we can "dig out" who did what.. i'm up for it.. but at the moment our concern is not India.. its the US's involvement in Pakistan and killing of innocent civilians.. so lets keep "our normal" game at hold..

In reality, Pakistan and India are like brothers who don't like each other, but that does not mean that if one is weekened or injured the other would survive.. Neither Strong India nor Strong Pakistan suits US or WESTERN tastes.. The sooner we understand this the better it is for both of our nations..

Anyways, thats just my thoughts

I agree with you for the most part.

We are not interested in seeing a failed Pakistan. If that happens, we won't be overly concerned though.

Pakistan had raised the stakes too high in the euphoria after the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan. High stakes do mean high risks.

We need to be there so that what happened during the time Taliban was ruling there, doesn't happen again.

So you counter your own assertion that "India should be insulated". That was my point.

p.s.
The above quoted statement about Taliboobies is incomplete. It would be a separate discussion.

:) May i ask how old are you? cuz it seems all you know about Afghan-Soviet war is through some step-by-step instruction-guided study..

In this day and age, you can learn a lot regardless of your age.

The only condition though, is NOT TO believe in constipated conspiracy theories. Question everything, check out all the archives, and then you will realize that islamists and communists have put together a pack of lies and they use these lies to make our youth commit suicide.

peace!

So you counter your own assertion that "India should be insulated". That was my point.

I would think that is a proactive measure to insulate ourselves.

Not being there is not a choice that we had, given the very recent history.

p.s.
The above quoted statement about Taliboobies is incomplete. It would be a separate discussion.

I only meant it in the context of Pakistan using Afghanistan as a training ground for terrorists against India during the Talibunny period.

We are not interested in seeing a failed Pakistan. If that happens, we won't be overly concerned though....

Sir,

Have you been to Pakistan? or at least to the India-Pakistan border?

Your statement above shows a lot of naivete about the Indian subcontinent.

peace.

Sir,

Have you been to Pakistan? or at least to the India-Pakistan border?

Your statement above shows a lot of naivete about the Indian subcontinent.

peace.

I have been to the Wagah border and seen that funny drill.

That's the nearest I have been to Pakistan. Would like to visit if the situation and relations becomes better. It should be interesting.

I see what you are saying. Given a choice, I would like a friendly or at least an overtly neutral (even if sulking and unfriendly) Pakistan.

Whether that is possible or not is a big question.

If the answer is latter, we can only prepare for all eventualities.

In this day and age, you can learn a lot regardless of your age.

The only condition though, is NOT TO believe in constipated conspiracy theories. Question everything, check out all the archives, and then you will realize that islamists and communists have put together a pack of lies and they use these lies to make our youth commit suicide.

peace!

So you skipped the question.. means you are just a teen.. let me give you a lesson in history.. written history is what the "Current Authority" wants..

and as far as you "check out all the archives" is concerned.. that is what i am suggesting you right now.. little or partial knowledge is always dangerous.. i'll give you a start.. Study about Soviet economic crises pre soviet-Afghan war and then keep linking global events related to USSR till soviet-Afghan war.. you'll see a systematic change..

As far as the then-Mujahideen and now-Terrorists are concerned US "created" and "played" them until USSR was demolished and then threw them away like used rag..

peace!

It seems interesting though a bit longish.

Can you highlight what exactly you would like to discuss in that long article?

You can see the reason India wants to be in Afghanistan in that article.. and its pros and cons to some extent..

Back
Top Bottom