What's new

Sukhoi skids at Pune airport, flights hit

Don't expect Subcontinent's media to be too discreet, some have published a picture of PAK/FA in relation to the above story.

At least the snow all around the place should have given them a hint that it is nowhere near pune, even if they don't know anything about aircrafts. The poor quality defence journalism is a reflection of the poor knowledge of defence related matters among Indians in general, in my opinion. 99% of the readers wouldn't have heard anything about either PAKFA or MKI, and don't care anyway.

Sold off or they were on lease ?

Returned to Russia which subsidized the sale of an equal number of MKIs. Up and till last year the old "Ks" were sat on the tarmac at an AFB after the original SQD who flew them converted to MKIs so the "Ks" have been out out of service for quite some time.

B_Id_283210_fashion.jpg

Reason:p:roblem with the nose under carriage

Snag in Sukhoi-30 affects flight operations at Pune airport

PUNE: A four-hour blocade of the runway due to a snag in a Sukhoi-30 aircraft of Indian Air Force (IAF) at the city airport led to suspension of commercial flight operations, causing inconvenience to hundreds of passengers today.

"Due to a problem in the nose undercarriage of a SU 30 aircraft, there was a runway blockade at 0915 hrs at Pune airbase. The runway was cleared for all operations at 1300 hrs," the IAF said in a statement here

The closure of runway for repairs of the aircraft resulted in disruption of commercial flights and about ten flights had to be rescheduled, airport sources said.

Pune has no separate civil airport and the IAF airbase is shared for commercial passenger flights.

Snag in Sukhoi-30 affects flight operations at Pune airport - The Economic Times

i may not read..but i can see a plane whose nose is missing...Not a pretty sight.

What can a Pilot do when there is a technical fault?

Accidents are a part of aviation..theres no big deal.I have seen much worse accidents in front of my eyes.**** happens man..Its part of the life..and it was a technical fault.

Its high time, Pune gets seperate international airport which it is demanding for long time.

The mix up of civilian and military airstrip, the ban on civilian aircraft during military hours leads to odd timings for civilian aircraft landing and takeoff.

It is affecting military and civilian equally.

Pilot Kay kaan Khinchoo, Skidding karnay ko Fighter jet he mila thaa? Or this was technical fault
Lol :) Sahi baat hain janab... car skid karoon, bike skid karoon, fighter jet kabhi nahi :)

Don't expect Subcontinent's media to be too discreet, some have published a picture of PAK/FA in relation to the above story.

Idiots!!! They won't be able to tell the difference between Mig 21 and Sukhoi even if their life depended on it :undecided:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom