What's new

Sufism/ Tasawuf (Islamic mysticism)

My ghod.you guys can stretch a single line to 3 pages.
KHATAMUN NABIYEIN.
As simple as that.What's there to understand?
BTW please post about Sufism.The actual history. When? Where? And by whom did it start?
The early historical proof that Sufism is part of Islam.

Sufism is Islam. Who said that it is a separate section of it? It was never named sufism till
Sufism is nothing more than the practices of the Prophet and those by his companions. The Tareeqat or path as it is. The Prophets path was carried on by his companions.. After all, the first Muslims took Bayt at the hand of the Prophet to follow his teachings..

But this brings the question.. if the Quran and the Hadiath.. along with the books of Fiqh exist.. what is the need for Sufism?

The answer to this lies in our very daily lives. Just as we learn mathematics one by one , from grade one to when we can solve multi-variable calculus or Electromagnetic equations. That child has to learn and practice to do basic addition and subtraction.. and to ensure that the child gets the right answer, that they dont make a mistake.. you have a teacher. So when such a system is acceptable in our daily lives, why is such a system rejected in matters of religion?

One can argue that the Child can learn on their own.. given the books of mathematics.. but what is probability of them making errors..without them knowing they have made one? Answer keys arent always the answer.

So what is sufism essentially? All that it is .. is the propagation of how the closest companions of the prophet practised religion.. how they sought to get closer to god based on their personal observance of the prophet and their own spiritual understanding.

Sure... if one is to follow all that is exact and verified by supposed mujtahids , stamped and signed.. then 5 prayers should be enough. Who cared about additional nawafil or any of the other salah's recommended by 4 great Imams.. and so on.
I dont do Nawafil...only fardh which is the important bit...but in ramadan I try the sunnah tarawih (some Mullahs do say tarawih is fardh for men)

I have never read a book about Sufism, nor do I profess to know much about it; but, based upon my observations and general reading, I do have a few words to say!

First of all, in common experience, as we see in Pakistan, many people are following some Master or Murshid with whom they spend time doing Dhikr - a repetitive recitation of names of the Divine or some Quranic verses. Most of the attendees are generally interested more in getting that power to show some karamat - a mircale - than getting to the higher reality that Zen Buddhists call 'Satori' or Hindu Sadhus call 'Moksha' or Muslim Sufis call 'Fana'.

This higher reality, although I do no t know what it is but the method that is used is also similar in almost all traditions. Some people call it 'exercises of concentrations' - where you sit alone focusing on a certain actual or imaginary thing or reciting something repeatedly . Others call it 'Sensory Deprivation' - where again you sit alone focusing on a certain actual or imaginary thing or reciting something repeatedly.

With the passage of time; as a person attains the expertise to concentrate without interference or deprive his senses of everything except the the thing he is focusing – his mind or soul probably – starts to tune to new frequencies the ones which were out of focus before that time; for example, lets say being able to see in the infra red and ultraviolet ranges of light. That is the start; and the people reaching such states find new meaning and in fact new reality in every reality. They can fathom the deeper and different meanings of everything; for them, colours may have smell and vice versa.

When we are climbing a mountain, due to lack of oxygen, we can have hallucinations.
When people take LSD, they suffer hallucinations.
There are also various hallucinogens; which make people see things which are apparently not there.

I think that, in fact, we can not see most of the world around ourselves. Science of Physics confirms this. But, in certain conditions, for example lack of oxygen, hallucinogenic drugs etc., expose that world to us. Now, because this is something which is out of experience for the person experiencing it, it would be natural for them to panic. But a trained mind – a mind which had, through concentration exercises – approached these forms of reality gradually would be at ease to comprehend these higher forms of reality and be able to interact with and extract from them. Such a person would be able to show people a trick or two and will become a 'Pir Sahib'. Such a Pir Sahib can be a benign helper/teacher or can be a an abusive charlatan.

The most interesting thing about such people is that, they use essentially the same basic methods to gain access to higher reality, whether they are Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Christians etc.

Most of such endeavours ask for dedication for long periods of time spending alone and this what is not liked in Islam. Quran specifically says that it was not ordained by Allah (SWT) but does not prohibit it either:

We sent other messengers to follow in their footsteps. After those We sent Jesus, son of Mary: We gave
him the Gospel and put compassion and mercy into the hearts of his followers. But monasticism was something they invented –– We did not ordain it for them–– only to seek God’s pleasure, and even so, they did not observe it properly. So We gave a reward to those of them who believed, but many of them were
lawbreakers. (57:27)

The verse above also provides the purpose of such endeavours: ' only to seek God’s pleasure'; and this is exactly what Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was doing when he was staying in the Cave of Hira for reflecting, and this is what any Sufi should strive to attain.

In Quran, shortly after first revelations, Muslims were asked to stay up during the night for long hours of prayers, such prayers usually bring a human to closer to Allah (SWT) and closer to the higher reality, as it is said in the Quran too:

You [Prophet], enfolded in your cloak! (73:1) Stay up throughout the night, all but a small part of it, (73:2) half, or a little less, (73:3) or a little more; recite the Quran slowly and distinctly: (73:4) We shall send a momentous message down to you. (73:5) Night prayer makes a deeper impression and sharpens words –– (73:6)

But after some time, that strict regime was relaxed by Allah (SWT), because, not everybody was able to cope with it; so is the practice of Sufism, not everybody is able to cope with it:

[Prophet], your Lord is well aware that you sometimes spend nearly two-thirds of the night at prayer ––sometimes half, sometimes a third –– as do some of your followers. God determines the division of night and day. He knows that you will not be able to keep a measure of it and He has relented towards all of you, so recite as much of the Quran as is easy for you. He knows that some of you will be sick, some of you travelling through the land seeking God’s bounty, some of you fighting in God’s way: recite as much as is easy for you, keep up the prayer, pay the prescribed alms, and make God a good loan. Whatever good you store up for yourselves will be improved and increased for you. Ask God for His forgiveness, He is most forgiving, most merciful. (73:20)

In the second half of the above verse Allah (SWT) has also shown the alternative methods to attain the Allah's pleasure, which everybody can do: recite as much as is easy for you, keep up the prayer, pay the prescribed alms, and make God a good loan.

Apart from that, I see that there are some pointers in Quran which talk about, supernatural events and beings: There is the story of 'Khwaja Khidr' (The Green One); There is interpretation of dreams by Prophet Yusuf (PBUH); there are magicians of Pharoah.

Based upon these, I understand that Sufism/mysticism is a way which is only for a few and can lead to good and bad depending upon what is the intention of the practiotioner.

First of all, in common experience, as we see in Pakistan, many people are following some Master or Murshid with whom they spend time doing Dhikr - a repetitive recitation of names of the Divine or some Quranic verses. Most of the attendees are generally interested more in getting that power to show some karamat - a mircale - than getting to the higher reality that Zen Buddhists call 'Satori' or Hindu Sadhus call 'Moksha' or Muslim Sufis call 'Fana'.

This higher reality, although I do no t know what it is but the method that is used is also similar in almost all traditions. Some people call it 'exercises of concentrations' - where you sit alone focusing on a certain actual or imaginary thing or reciting something repeatedly . Others call it 'Sensory Deprivation' - where again you sit alone focusing on a certain actual or imaginary thing or reciting something repeatedly.

Based upon these, I understand that Sufism/mysticism is a way which is only for a few and can lead to good and bad depending upon what is the intention of the practiotioner.

Well, the first one year I learn Sufism by myself (just using book from Al-Ghazali without teacher), I did have some concentration problem. It is understandable because I tried to change some belief in my subconsciousness that is still favor worldly interest. Thanks to ALLAH that I experienced it in university, so for 1-2 month I really cannot focus on studying, but thanks to ALLAH the focus comeback and I feel some thing much better afterward (more faith, more mental power, more calm, more confidence) just right before the exam . During that period, even though I am not focus but I keep believing to ALLAH words that all of His words are right and He will save me. It is the first state. The states are many though.

Sufism uses hypnotherapy, and you should learn it to understand it. And the practice to put the belief from Quran into our heart is vary. But what I do is just remembering the verses in Quran in order to bring me worthy feeling frequently. Like this verse:

Quran, Ali Imran : 139

"So do not weaken and do not grieve, and you will be superior if you are [true] believers".

The practice of strengthening our heart by using Quran verse comes from ALLAH directly:

Quran, Al-Fath: 26

"When those who disbelieved had put into their hearts chauvinism - the chauvinism of the time of ignorance. But Allah sent down His tranquillity upon His Messenger and upon the believers and imposed upon them the word of righteousness, and they were more deserving of it and worthy of it. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing."

And talking about "the spiritual state" (maqam)

In Sufism we believe that the Unseen World is here. We can be together here in this material world, but our soul's place is different in term of where they actually live. I will bring back again the words of Ibnu Qayim to explain his feeling, and since he is actually a Salafi who also practice Sufism based on Quran and Hadist, so I just can say that without using conventional Sufism practice that you brought in your post, we also can reach a very good state by the help of ALLAH, inshaALLAH.

Ibnu Qayim words that tells exactly what Sufism is about

"The contemplative believer who remembers Allah will begin to enjoy solitude and places of seclusion where voices and movements are hushed… There he will find strength of heart and will, and he will no longer be worried or depressed… Then he will begin to taste the sweetness of worship, of which he cannot have enough. In it, he will find abundance of pleasure and comfort – more than what he used to find in diversion and play, or in the satisfaction of wordly desires…When he experiences this state, many of the wordly concerns will disappear, as he is in a completely different world from the rest of humanity."

(Ibnu Qayim)

Last edited:
A thread about sufism and not even a paragraph where it was originated? The Islamic Sufism originated in Baghdad. First known sufi was Junaid Baghdadi or some claim Hazrat Awais Qarni (R.A).

Strictly speaking Sufism predates Islam. First known Sufi in world would be Hazrat Khizar who met hazrat Musa (AS). If you read Surah Kahf, Hazrat Khizar tells us,He is responsible to carry out God's will and executes it without any hesitation . One can deduce, since the beginning of world, there are men dedicated beside prophets who are responsible for executing God's will on earth so basically Sufism is a system of spiritual people carrying out God's will beside angels. There are proper ranks in Sufi world. Duties assigned

Before Islam, Sufism were follower of Deen e Hanif ( As mentioned in Quran about Which Deen Hazrat Ibrahim or prophets before Mohammad (PBUH) used to follow)

Sufism is not about music. It is about Jihad bil Nafs, most difficult jihad someone can wage.

In Quran, Allah talks about Walli Ullahs, This is what true sufis are, who follow path of Shariah that they become friends of God

I agree with this post except for the bold, while Sufis will say Sufism has been around forever they would not say it predates Islam because a Sufi would believe as any other Muslim that Islam is, was, and will be. Without Islam there would be no Sufi they are inseparable.

Also Hanif was a monotheistic religion being practiced but it was not the religion of the Prophets before Prophet Muhammad PBUH. Specifically the Quran makes it clear all prophets were Muslims example-

Surat 'Ali `Imran [3:67] - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

That is also why in the Quran it says all Jews and Christians who believed in Allah before the prophet hood of Muhammad PBUH would go to heaven because as long as they worshiped Allah alone they would be considered Muslim. By that logic the same would be true for the Hanifs or any other people practicing monotheism at the time.

Nabi is who receive Shariat. Rasool is who don't bring any new religion. There is distinction b/w two. Beside Khizar, There is Hakeem Lucman, the man of wisdom, who was neither rasool nor nabi.

This statement does not make since because when a Nabi brought Shariat it was not a new religion, if anything it was a correction of existing religion. Muhammad PBUH never claimed to be bringing forth another religion ever he always maintained he was bringing the existing religion of God back onto the right path. This is basic Islamic theology bro.

Last edited:
My definition about Rasul is something that is so different with Ahmadiah. I bet you have already read mine, haven't you? It is just my though since I read the verse, and it is said the words "Nabi" in Arabic. But I have already talked about it with an Islamic study professor that study Islam so long in academic way and he told me that there is a dispute on it. But anyway just put aside this differences. In Quran we have been told to put aside something disputable issue that is not really that important. And this argumentation has no meaning as well, just a discussion. I bet the next person that will come up is Imam Mahdi inshaALLAH, so this argumentation has no real effect. I am surprised though by they way you come up with this kind of bold statement. I think we should stick on Sufism issues than this ones......

Brother he is right though and many Hadith supports his points as well, Prophet Muhammad PBUH said himself there would be none after him so that is the end of things. There can only be Awliya now. Anyway back to topic one of the greatest Sufi saints-

Abdul Qadir Jilani - SufiWiki
250px-Tomb_of_Sheikh_Abdul_Qadir_Jilani.jpg

We know not what the horn will be. But there is nothing Haram until proven otherwise... which is sad since the opposite impression is given by our ignorant Mullahs and general online preachers.

Instruments (Musical) are like an instrument "Knife". We can use knife to peel an apple (Halaal use) -or- to kill sb (Haraam use). Knife in itself is neither halaal nor haraam. Just a tool. If I say Shaitaan drives a Toyota Corolla, it does NOT make Toyota haraam. It's just that Satan uses Toyota to get to places :-) Prophet saying that "bell" is one of instruments of Shaitaan means he uses bell to penetrate ppl's hearts... just like he also drives Toyota... One can use music to spread vulgarity (majority of music these days) -or- to spread good talk.

(.)Equating Abu Musa's voice with a musical instrument...! If musical instruments were haraam, did Prophet just relate Abu Musa's voice to something Haraaam!! Also Hadees confirms Prophet Dawood used to play musical instruments...
Prophet Dawood used to sing Psalms with musical instruments (Psalm:33:2, 92:3, 144:9).

Abdullah ibn Burayda related that his father said, "The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, went out to the mosque while Abu Musa was reciting and asked, 'Who is this?' 'I am Burayda,' I replied, 'May I be your ransom!' He said, 'This man has been given one of the flutes of the family of Da'ud.
Narrated By Abu Musa : That the Prophet said to him' "O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David.".'
Bukhari:61:568.
Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 805, In-book reference : Book 33, Hadith 52, English translation : Book 33, Hadith 805.
Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 1087, In-book reference : Book 43, Hadith 37, English translation : Book 43, Hadith 1087.

If music was haraam; did Prophet allow Haraam on Eid day !!!..

Sahih Muslim:4:1942(+SB:15:70,72, 52:155, 58:268, SM:4:1938,1940, F:39:2.153):

'Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah came (in my apartment) while there were two girls with me singing (with duff SM:4:1940 adds. While 4:1938 say wind-instrument) the song of the Battle of Bu'ath. He lay down on the bed (so he didn’t stop them; It makes music “Allowed”)and turned away his face. Then came Abu Bakr and he scolded me and said: Oh ! this musical instrument of the devil in the house of the Messenger of Allah ! The Messenger of Allah turned towards him and said: Leave them alone (for these are Eid days.S.Muslim:4:1940 adds). And when he (the Holy Prophet) became inattentive, I hinted them and they went out, and it was the day of 'Id and negroes were playing with shields and spear. (I do not remember) whether I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) or whether he said to me if I desired to see (that sport). I said: Yes. I stood behind him with his face parallel to my face, and he said: O Banu Arfada, be busy (in your sports) till I was satiated. He said (to me): Is that enough? I said: Yes. Upon this he asked me to go.

Prophet Muhammad(saww) himself singing war songs:-
S.Muslim:4:1068:……..and (while building the mosque) they (the Companions) sang rajaz verses along with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him):…….

SM:19:4448:..…Companions of Muhammad (may peace be upon him) were chanting on the day of the Battle…….And the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) was chanting:

Prophet praised & even predicted Jannah with double reward for person who sang poetry that was in pace with camel’s foot steps, like singers keep pace with music, if singing with camel’s feet’s music was haraam then this is a haraam that takes u to Janaah:-
S.Bukhari:73:169:…….Amir was a poet, and so he got down and started (chanting Huda) reciting for the people, poetry that keep pace with the camel's foot steps,(so camel steps acted like music) saying, "O Allah! Without You we would not have been guided on the right path,…….. Allah's Apostle said, "Who is that driver (of the camels)?" They said, "He is 'Amir bin Al-Aqwa."' He said, "May Allah bestow His mercy on him." A man among the people said, Has Martyrdom been granted to him, …….The people claim that all the deeds of Amir have been annulled." The Prophet asked, "Who said so?" I replied, "So-and-so and so-and-so and Usaid bin Al-Hudair Al-Ansari said, 'Whoever says so is telling a lie. Verily, 'Amir will have double reward."' (While speaking) the Prophet put two of his fingers together to indicate that, and added, "He was really a hard-working man and a Mujahid (devout fighter in Allah's Cause) and rarely have there lived in it (i.e., Medina or the battle-field) an "Arab like him."

Entertainment on Marriage & amusement :-
SB:62:92A,(also 118, 163.)
Narated By 'Aisha : That she prepared a lady for a man from the Ansar as his bride and the Prophet said, "O 'Aisha! Haven't you got any amusement (during the marriage ceremony) as the Ansar like amusement?"
Below I'm copying sth from my other post... don't have time to give it colorful editing :-)

Some of islamic text Wrongly interpreted to declare music prohibited:-

<<<<<<<(1)>>>>>>>

In following Hadees, translators mis-translate Arabic word (al-hir-ra) الْحِرَ as fornication or as illegal sexual intercourse. While actually it means “Vulva, Female External Genitalia”. Such wrong translation changes the whole concept of this hadith. They also insert words of exclusion like “wearing of”, “drinking of”, which r not there in Arabic. But don’t add any such exclusion for musical instruments. WHY???:just to serve their own preconceived notion:-
SB:69:494.B:-

WRONG translation:-

That he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse(adultory), the wearing ofsilk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful…………….

Proper Translation:-
That he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider Female Genetalia, the silk, the alcohol and musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

Now, if we take this proper translation Literally then it’d mean that ALL females r haraam altogether, whether within marriage or outside marriage.& that Silk is haraam for both males & females & for purposes other than wearing & that Alcohol is haraam even as anti-septic.
Is wife Haraam to husband!!!NO. Is silk Haraam for females!!!NO. Is it prohibited to use silk in Quran-covers!!! NO. Is alcohol haraam as anti-septic!!!NO.

So to get the true spirit of this Hadees we’ll have to add one explanation for all 4 things:-
“some people who will consider(wrong use of) Female Genetalia, (wrong use of)the silk, (wrong use of)the alcohol and (wrong use of)musical instruments, as lawful.”

<<<<<<<<<<(2)>>>>>>>>>>
Some insist that Q:31:6. refers to musical instruments.
Word used in Qur’an is لهوالحديث which means “entertaining talk/tales”, while word for musical instruments is الْمَعَازِفَ (Ma’-aa-zif, singular ma’zif).

We know from early dicsussion that poetry/singing/musical instruments r NOT haraam on it’s own.& Q:31:6 refer to anything from poetry to stories(true or fiction) to lyrics of song etc etc. bought with “Intension to distract” others from path of Allah. So “intension” is the key here. & “throw ridicule” clearly indicates this aayah is about ememies of Islam because a Muslim won’t throw ridicule on Allah’s path. Example of such distraction is SB:13:58.

[Q:31:6]“But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah, without knowledge and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty.”

Anothr important point about this aayah is that Tafsir by Maulana-Maudodee & Tafsir by Naeem-ud-Deen Murad A’badi writes that this aayah refers to “Nazr-bin-Haris-bib-Kaldah” who bought story books & read them to Quraesh to distract them from listening to Prophet Muhammad & said “look Muhammad reads stories of Aad & Samood to you while I tell you stories of Rustam & Asfandyaar & Kings of Persia”. He was somewhat successful in distracting them. Maudodi write that Quraesh also hired dancer-girls to distract ppl.

Ibn Jareer relates the commentary of Ibn Zayd about the verse, {31:6} Ibn Zayd said, "The people referred to [in this verse] are the disbelievers. Don't you see that it says [in the immediately following verse], {And when Our revelations are recited to such a person he turns away in pride as if he hadn't heard them, as if there was a deafness in his ears.}(*42) The people of Islam are not as those described here, although some say the verse refers to Muslims [as well]. The verse refers to the disbelievers who pitched their voices in a tumultuous clatter in order to drown out the hearing of the Quraan."

Some say that music is haraam because it distracts from religious obligations like prayers can be delayed. I ask them, what about sleeping with spouse!!! That too can delay prayers especially Fajr prayer, so should marriages be made haraam as well??? There are other things in life that can be more distracting than music but they are not haraam per se. It’s our duty to manage all such things properly instead of calling them haraam because of their “side effects”.

<<<<<<<<<(3)>>>>>>>>>

Another mis-translated verse is 53:61:-
Arabic word is (saa-midoona; singular سمد sa-ma-da) which actually means “become high or elevated” “to raise head & chest in pride & haughtiness”, “become inconsiderate/negligent & leave” (Lane’s Lexicon Page:1423) , while some translators mis-translate this as “amuse in vanities” etc. like:-

[53:59]Do ye then wonder at this recital?[60]And will ye laugh and not weep,-
[61]Wasting your time in vanities?

Proper Translation would be somewhat like this:-
[53:61]:And you act proud./And you leave in neglect./And you leave inconsiderately.
..."Most certainly, there will be in my Ummah people who will make lawful fornication, silk, liquor and musical instruments."..

Your "چهاپه" is answered above... It's a mistranslation and false interpretations.

Do you know, i listen to this almost every time before i go to sleep :D
I used to listen to "پكّے راگ" (PKkaay Raag) everyday before sleep. It's more soothing than sufi music. Especially Sitaar is simply magical. No instrument in the world can come close to Sitaar.
PTV used to air " راگ رنگ" "Raag Rang" before end of transmission everyday... Somehow I fell in love with that, and my cousins used to make fun of me for listening to such. :-)

Last edited:
Sufism is Islam. Who said that it is a separate section of it? It was never named sufism till
Sufism is nothing more than the practices of the Prophet and those by his companions. The Tareeqat or path as it is. The Prophets path was carried on by his companions.. After all, the first Muslims took Bayt at the hand of the Prophet to follow his teachings..

But this brings the question.. if the Quran and the Hadiath.. along with the books of Fiqh exist.. what is the need for Sufism?

The answer to this lies in our very daily lives. Just as we learn mathematics one by one , from grade one to when we can solve multi-variable calculus or Electromagnetic equations. That child has to learn and practice to do basic addition and subtraction.. and to ensure that the child gets the right answer, that they dont make a mistake.. you have a teacher. So when such a system is acceptable in our daily lives, why is such a system rejected in matters of religion?

One can argue that the Child can learn on their own.. given the books of mathematics.. but what is probability of them making errors..without them knowing they have made one? Answer keys arent always the answer.

So what is sufism essentially? All that it is .. is the propagation of how the closest companions of the prophet practised religion.. how they sought to get closer to god based on their personal observance of the prophet and their own spiritual understanding.
In fact to add on what you said a man came to Hazrat Ali Hajveri RA and stayed with him for few months than one day he said I am just leaving I heard a lot about you that you are really Big wali of ALLAH but I didn't say any miracle or let say Karamat so Hazrat Ali Hajveri asked him How long you were staying with me ? He replied for few months. Than Hazrat Ali Hajveri asked did you saw any of my action against Quran and Sunnah he said no. than Hazrat Ali Hajveri said what more you want isn't this enough miracle

Brother he is right though and many Hadith supports his points as well, Prophet Muhammad PBUH said himself there would be none after him so that is the end of things. There can only be Awliya now. Anyway back to topic one of the greatest Sufi saints-

Abdul Qadir Jilani - SufiWiki
250px-Tomb_of_Sheikh_Abdul_Qadir_Jilani.jpg
His grandsons are buried at Kalar Kahar their mazar is known as moro (Pea Cock ) wali sarkar

Well, this is my though friend,
1.The hadist above is talking about tolerance in hearing singing (music) not banning it
2. I believe the singing is there to affect the heart, just like our love to our women can be bigger when we hear any love song that we intended to her. Similar like our relationship to our God. I see some Muslim pray well, having a beard, etc but they don't have tenderness in their heart.
3. I believe just like now we use computer which is not told in Quran and Hadist, but it is helpful to improve our productivity. Music can be seen in that kind of way as well. It can be justified in my opinion as a form of Syukur and love to ALLAH. By the way who is the One that put musicality skills in our brain ?
4. Without Music, Sufism can still be practiced. Not really a big thing. But I like and love music personally.
Iam not Scholar & not Sufi Practitioner but I like "Allan Faqir" "Abida Parveen" Sufi music.....
I also like too much....SUFI TURKISH MUSICS...they are not Songs.........they are combination of Nafari & Duff & else
My view about sufi music is that....they are LOW PROFILE (not violent) music that music pacify your inner soul instead of provoking someone to go violent (out of senses)

If music was haraam; did Prophet allow Haraam on Eid day !!!..
You are right....

Well, this is my though friend,

1.The hadist above is talking about tolerance in hearing singing (music) not banning it

2. I believe the singing is there to affect the heart, just like our love to our women can be bigger when we hear any love song that we intended to her. Similar like our relationship to our God. I see some Muslim pray well, having a beard, etc but they don't have tenderness in their heart.

3. I believe just like now we use computer which is not told in Quran and Hadist, but it is helpful to improve our productivity. Music can be seen in that kind of way as well. It can be justified in my opinion as a form of Syukur and love to ALLAH. By the way who is the One that put musicality skills in our brain ?

4. Without Music, Sufism can still be practiced. Not really a big thing. But I like and love music personally.
40AHAADITH on MUSIC

(1) Hadhrat Abu Maalik Ash'ari (radhiyallahu anhu) says that he heard Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) say: "Most certainly, there will be in my Ummah people who will make lawful fornication, silk, liquor and musical instruments." (Bukhaari)

(2) In another version of this narration, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Most certainly, people from my Ummah will consume liquor which they will describe with some other name. Over their heads will be playing musical instruments and singing girls. Allah will cause the earth to swallow them, and from among them He will transform into apes and pigs." (Ibn Maajah)

The punishment for music and singing is exceptionally severe. Some juhhaal (ignoramuses) have attempted to escape the condemnation of music and singing stated in this Hadith by presenting a very stupid argument. They argue that the punishment mentioned in this Hadith applies to a collective act which consists of four deeds, viz., fornication, silk, liquor and music.

It is their contention that musical instruments by themselves are not evil, hence not haraam. only when used together with the haraam acts will it also become haraam, hence the Hadith mentions it along with the other three sinful deeds. The logical conclusion of this absurd argument is that if fornication is committed in isolation of the other three deeds, it will be lawful. Similarly, if liquor is consumed alone, i.e. without the accompaniment of music, fornication, and silken garments, it will be halaal. Similarly, wearing silk will be permissible for males according to this ludicrous logic if it is unaccompanied by the other three acts. The absurdity of this fallacious argument is self-evident. There is no need for discussing it further.

This Hadith is an unambiguous assertion of the hurmat (being haraam/prohibition) of musical instruments. In this Hadith, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) uses the word (Yasta-hil-loona, i.e. they will make lawful). He mentioned four acts which people in the later ages would make lawful, viz. fornication, liquor, silk and music. This presupposes that these acts are haraam. It is meaningless to say that a lawful act will be made lawful. This absurdity is the consequence of the stupid and false contention of the proponents of music and singing. A haraam act is made lawful, and this is precisely what Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said.

The time will dawn when Muslims will make halaal these four haraam acts. In fact, all four evils have already been made 'halaal' in Muslim lands and by Muslim communities all over the world. There is almost unanimity of the stupid masses and the juhhaal deviate modernists on the 'permissibility' of music and singing. Alcohol in a variety of forms and labels has been given the green light by even the Ulama in most countries. Males don silk without even having heard of its prohibition. Fornication is actively promoted in the form of legalized prostitution in Muslim countries and at secular educational institutions. The Bangladesh Supreme Court transgressed all limits of shamelessness by declaring that prostitutes have the right to earn a living by means of prostitution. This shaitaani court ordered the Bangladeshi government to release all imprisoned prostitutes and to refrain from hampering them in the filthy trade of their bodies. These lesser signs of Qiyaamah are materializing right in front of our eyes. In some quarters an attempt has been made to assail the authenticity of this Hadith. Much has been written by the authorities of the Shariah in vindication of this Hadith's authenticity. Here it will suffice to say that this Hadith is highly authentic. It is bereft of any blemishes. The gravity of the chastisement - disfiguration and transformation into apes and swines - should be more than adequate to jolt Muslims into the realisation that music is a crime with which one dares not trifle.

(3) Imraan Bin Husain (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:"In this Ummah will be earthquakes, disfiguration (of faces which will be transformed into apes and pigs) and showers of stone (descending on them from the heaven)." A man from among the Muslimeen said: "O Rasulullah! When will this be?" Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "When singing girls and musical instruments will become profuse and when liquor will be consumed (in abundance)."(Tirmizi)

(4) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "During the last of ages (in close proximity to Qiyaamah) a nation from my Ummah will be disfigured (and transformed) into apes and pigs." The Sahaabah said: "O Rasulullah! Will they be Muslim?" Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Yes. They will be testifying that there is no deity but Allah and that I am His Rasool, and they will be fasting (in the month of Ramadhaan)." The Sahaabah asked: "O Rasulullah! What will be their condition (to warrant such chastisement)?" Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "They will be indulging in musical instruments, singing girls, musical drums, and they will be consuming liquor. They will one night go to sleep after their liquor and amusement. When they arise in the morning, they will have been disfigured (and transformed into apes and pigs)." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

It is apparent from this Hadith that the musical drum (the tablah of the qawwaals) and similar other kinds of musical drums are not the duff mentioned in the Ahaadith. Musical drums have been declared haraam unanimously by all authorities from the very age of the Sahaabah.

(5) According to another Hadith, also narrated by Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu), Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I take oath by The Being Who has sent me with the Haqq (Truth)! The world will not come to an end until earthquakes, the descent of showers of stones (from the heaven) and disfigurement of faces (which will be transformed into apes and swines) had not taken place.' The Sahaabah said: 'When will that happen, O Rasulullah?' He replied: 'When you see women seated on saddles (i.e. riding horses and in this age, driving cars); when singing girls are to be found in profusion; when false testimony becomes rampant, and when homosexuality and lesbianism become prevalent." (Bazzaar and Tibraani)

All these evil deeds mentioned in this Hadith are widely prevalent in this age. Women driving vehicles has become a norm in even Muslim society. Music and singing have become accepted practices in even Muslim homes. Among the signs of Qiyaamah are the acts of music and singing which have permeated every facet of life. Even the pious people who are averse to music and singing are unable to protect their ears from the satanic din of music and singing which blares in the streets, in the shops, in the factories, in the planes, in the offices, on the cellphones and even in the public toilets.

Even the Musaajid are becoming proliferated with musical tunes of the confounded cellphones belonging to confounded people who have absolutely no fear and shame for Allah Ta'ala, no respect for His Musaajid and the musallis of the Musaajid. In flagrant violation and total disregard for the divine Shariah of Allah Ta'ala, Muslims in this age step out of the way to ensure that the ringing tone of their phones is the voice of shaitaan (music). And this evil is terribly defiling the holy atmosphere of Musjidul Haraam in Makkah and Musjidun Nabawi in Madinah. May Allah Ta'ala save us from His chastisement. We now only have to wait for the disfiguration and transformation of faces of these evil people into apes and pigs, and also for the showers of stone to rain from the heavens.

(6) Hadhrat Ali Bin Abi Taalib (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "When my Ummah indulges in fifteen misdeeds, calamities will settle on them. Among these are singing girls and musical instruments." (Tirmizi)

(7) Sahl Bin Sa'd (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:"There will befall this Ummat earthquakes, disfigurement of faces and showers of stones.' It was said: 'O Rasulullah! When will this happen?' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: 'When singing girls become in profusion and liquor is made lawful." (Ibn Maajah)

Numerous Sahaabah have narrated Ahaadith in which Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) warned of disasters overwhelming the Ummah as a consequence of the profusion of music, singing and singing girls. Among these Sahaabah are: Hadhrat Abu Maalik Ash'ari, Hadhrat Imraan Bin Husain, Hadhrat Abu Hurairah, Hadhrat Ali, Hadhrat Sahl Bin Sa'd As-Saaidi, Hadhrat Ubaadah Bin Saamit, Hadhrat Abu Umaamah, Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas, Hadhrat Saeed Bin Khudri, Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Bishr, Hadhrat Anas, Hadhrat Abdur Rahmaan Bin Saabit and Hadhrat Aishah (ridhwaanullaahi alayhim aj-maeen).

(8) Hadhrat Naafi' (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Once when Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) heard the sound of a shepherd's flute, he placed his fingers in both ears (to block the sound of the music), and he diverted his mount from that path. (As they rode on), he would say: 'O Naafi', can you still hear (the sound)?' I would say: 'Yes.' He would then continue riding. only when I said: 'I can no longer hear it', did he remove his fingers from his ears. Then he returned to the road. He then said: 'I saw Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) doing like this when he had heard the flute of a shepherd." (Ahmad and Abu Dawood)

This was the reaction of the devotees of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). They could not tolerate the voice of shaitaan. When music dinned into their ears, they literally plugged their ears with their fingers. By what stretch of reasoning and on what basis of shame and honesty can it be claimed that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had permitted music and singing? He had described it as the voice of shaitaan. He would plug his ears to block the sound of shaitaan's voice entering his ears.

(9) Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Verily, Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) made haraam liquor, gambling, the musical drum and the tambourine. And, every intoxicant is haraam." (Ahmad and Abu Dawood)

(10) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Verily, Allah has made haraam liquor, gambling, the musical drum, and every intoxicant is haraam." (Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Baihqi, etc.)

(11) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "The musical drum (tablah) is haraam. Liquor is haraam, and musical instruments are haraam." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

(12) Hadhrat Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "Verily, Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) heard a man singing one night. He then said: 'His Salaat is unacceptable! His Salaat is unacceptable! His Salaat is unacceptable!" (Nailul Autaar)

(13) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Listening to music and singing is sinful. Sitting at such gatherings is fisq (immoral transgression). Deriving pleasure from it is kufr." (Nailul Autaar)

(14) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I have been sent (by Allah) to destroy musical instruments……..The earning of a male singer and a female singer is haraam. The earning of zina is haraam. It is incumbent on Allah not to allow a body nourished by haraam, entry into Jahannum." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

The evil of music and singing is sufficiently abominable to warrant it being lumped together with zina (fornication). one Hadith describes singing as "the spell of shaitaan."

(15) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I have been sent (by Allah Ta'ala) to destroy the musical drum (tablah) and the flute."(Jam'ul Jawaami')

The tablah and other forms of musical drums are not to be confused with the duff for which there is limited permissibility.

(16) Hadhrat Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:"The earning of a singer is haraam and her singing is haraam." (Nailul Autaar)

(17) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) said: "Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) prohibited beating of the duff (drum) and the sound of the flute." (Nailul Autaar)

From this Hadith as well as others, the ambiguity about the duff is eliminated. It is clear from several Ahaadith that the general ruling of prohibition applies to even the duff. However, an exception has been made for only the duff for the Days of Eid and marriage occasions provided no haraam acts are committed. This Hadith has the effect of abrogation. It cancels out the other narrations in which the duff was allowed. The fact that Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) and other Sahaabah too propagated the general prohibition of the duff even after the demise of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is sufficient substantiation for the abrogating force of this Hadith as well as other Ahaadith which also mention the prohibition of the duff.

(18) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) forbade beating the duff, playing the harp and blowing the flute." (Kanzul Ummaal)

(19) Hadhrat Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Verily, singing generates hypocrisy in the heart just as water causes farm-produce to grow". (Baihqi)

(20) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Love for singing germinates hypocrisy in the heart just as water causes plants to grow."

(21) Hadhrat Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Beware of listening to musical instruments and singing, for verily, both these acts germinate nifaaq (hypocrisy) in the heart just as water causes vegetables to grow." (Kaf-fur Ru'aa')

(22) Hadhrat Anas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:"Whoever sits and listens to a singing girl, Allah will pour molten lead into his ears on the Day of Qiyaamah." (Ibn Asaakir)

On what basis now can the permissibility of music and singing be argued? The severity of the punishment should be an adequate deterrent to abstain even if some narrations indicate permissibility.

(23) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:"Whoever dies while he has a singing slave girl, do not perform Janaazah Salaat for him."(Haakim)

(24) Safwaan Bin Umayyah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Amr Bin Qurrah said (to Rasulullah - sallallahu alayhi wasallam): "I am very unfortunate. I do not see any way for acquiring my rizq except by means of my duff. Therefore, grant me permission to sing (i.e. with my duff) such songs which will be devoid of any immorality (evil).' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) replied: "I do not give you permission. There is no honour and no goodness (in what you are saying). O enemy of Allah! You are a liar. Most certainly, Allah has ordained for you halaal rizq, but you have chosen what Allah has made haraam for you in place of what He has made halaal for you of the sustenance He has decreed for you." (Baihqi, Tibraani, Dailmi)

The fact that this person sought permission for singing with his duff is abundant and clear testimony for his awareness of the prohibition, hence he requested permission. If music and singing were lawful, there would not have been the need for him to seek permission from Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). No one had asked Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) to farm or to trade. Anyone who inclined to these professions would readily become involved therein. Since these are permissible activities, there was no need to seek permission. But not so with music and singing. The awareness of the prohibition of the voice of shaitaan constrained the man to seek exemption and permission. But he was very harshly rebuffed by Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) who branded him "the enemy of Allah". This Hadith also refutes the contention of the permissibility of 'good' songs - songs which are devoid of immoral content. The Hadith is also an adequate response for those who in this age believe that without dealing in bank-riba, it is not possible to progress financially. They deceive themselves into believing that sufficient halaal avenues for the acquisition of halaal rizq no longer exist. Those who proffer such contentions are termed 'enemies of Allah' by Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). Allah Ta'ala has ordained halaal ways for our sustenance. Whoever avers the contrary is a liar.

Man in his greed substitutes the halaal ways and means for haraam methods, labouring under the extreme misconception of gaining abundant wealth by means of the unlawful ways he has appropriated for himself. Ultimately he will be frustrated and fail in his endeavours to achieve what he has targeted. one will not gain a cent more than the divinely stipulated and decreed amount.

(25) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "On the Day of Qiyaamah, Allah Azza Wa Jal will proclaim: "Where are those who had protected their ears and their eyes from the musical instruments of shaitaan?" (Allah Ta'ala will instruct the Malaaikah): "Separate them (from the multitudes of people)." They (the Angels) will separate them, and have them seated on dunes of musk and ambergris then Allah Ta'ala will say to the Malaaikah: "Recite to them My Tasbeeh and My Tamjeed." The Malaaikah will then recite to them with such beautiful voices, the likes of which no one had ever heard."

This Hadith has been narrated by Allaamah Ibn Hajar Makki from Dailmi. The Sahaabi narrating it is Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu). Allaamah Ali Muttaqi also narrates this Hadith, but from the Sahaabi, Hadhrat Jaabir (radhiyallahu anhu)-Kanzul Ummaal. Allamah Muhammad Bin Muhammad Maghribi narrates this Hadith from Hadhrat Bin Al-Munkadir (Jam'ul Fawaaid). Imaam Tha-aalabi also narrates it from Muhammad Bin Al-Munkadir, but from Ibn Wahab. - (Jawaahirul Hassaan)

Those who indulge in the haraam music and singing of this world, will be denied the music of Jannat.

(26) Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash'ari (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Whoever listens to the sound of singing, he will not be given permission to listen to the (beautiful) voices of the Ruhaaniyyeen in Jannat." When it was asked: 'Who are the Ruhaaniyyeen?' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The Qaaris of Jannat."(Kanzul Ummaal)

In his Tafseer, Imaam Qurtubi comments: "We have mentioned this Hadith in Kitaabut Tathkirah along with other similar examples. Thus, he who consumes wine will be denied the pure drink (of Jannat) in the Aakhirah. He who wears silk will not wear silk in the Aakhirah, etc. All this is correct in meaning……"

(27) Hadhrat Ibn Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) prohibited singing and listening to singing, and (he also prohibited) gossip." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

(28) Zaid Bin Arqam (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Once a youth while singing passed by Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) who was walking in a street of Madinah. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: 'Alas! O young man! Why do you not sing with the Qur'aan (i.e. recite it beautifully instead of singing songs)?' He repeated this statement several times." (Dailmi)

(29) Hadhrat Abu Umaamah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "When someone raises his voice with singing, Allah sends two shaitaans who sit on his shoulders striking his breast with their heels until he stops (singing)." (Tibraani)

(30) Hadhrat Abdur Rahmaan Bin Auf (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I have forbidden two ignorant immoral voices: (The first)- the sounds of futility at the time of merrymaking, and the musical instruments of shaitaan. (The second)- the wailing sounds at the time of calamity when the face is struck and the garments are torn." (Haakim in Mustadrak)

(31) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The bell is among the musical instruments of shaitaan." (Abu Dawood)

(32) Kisaan narrates that Hadhrat Muaawiyyah (radhiyallahu anhu) stated in his Khutbah: "Verily, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) forbade seven things, and I too forbid you from these things. Know that these things are: Loud wailing (on occasions of death), singing, pictures………" (Tibraani)

(33) In a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abu Umaamah (radhiyallahu anhu), it is mentioned that on the occasion of the expulsion of shaitaan from the heaven and his exile to earth, he (Iblees) supplicated to Allah Ta'ala: "O my Rabb! You have exiled me to earth and you have made me accursed………Now, therefore bestow to me a caller (who can call to my path).' Allah Ta'ala said: "(Your caller) is musical instruments……….." (Tibraani)

(34) Allaamah Qurtubi, in his Tafseer, narrates the following Hadith: "Verily, once when Abdullah Bin Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) heard someone singing, he hastily left the place. This reached Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). He thereupon commented: 'Indeed, Ibn Umm Abd (i.e. Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud) is an honourable abd (slave ofAllah)."

Two salient facts emerge from this Hadith: one- Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) was aware of the prohibition of music and singing, hence he hastily left the place. Two- Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) approved of his action and commended him. This too clearly indicates the evil of singing and music.

(35) Hadhrat Abu Burzah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "We were with the Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) on a journey when he heard two men singing. The one was responding to the other (by means of singing poetry). Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then said: 'Look who these two are.' They (the Sahaabah) said: 'They are so and so (naming them).' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then cursed, saying: 'O Allah! Cast them upside down in Jahannum." (Majmauz Zawaaid)

The gravity of the prohibition of singing and music should be apparent from the vehemence of the curse of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam).

(36) Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Verily, Allah Ta'ala sent me as a Mercy and a Guide to the worlds, and He has commanded me to destroy musical instruments……"

(37) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: 'Verily, the bell is of the musical instruments of shaitaan." (Muslim and Abu Dawood)

(38) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The Malaaikah do no associate with a group in which there is a dog or a bell."(Muslim and Abu Dawood)

(39) Hadhrat Aishah (radhiyallahu anha) narrated: "Verily, Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) instructed that all bells be cut off from the necks of the camels on the Day of Badr."(Musnad Ahmad)

(40) Hadhrat Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "I heard Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) saying: "Verily, with every bell is a shaitaan." (Abu Dawood)

The tinkling and jingling of bells are also associated with shaitaani music, hence the stringent prohibition.

Now that these numerous Ahaadith in which Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) severely condemns music and singing has dawned on those who lacked awareness, there cannot be a Muslim with a healthy Imaan who will still believe in the permissibility of the voice of shaitaan.

[Extracted from: Sautush Shaitaan]
@Indos @Anoushirvan

Iam not Scholar & not Sufi Practitioner but I like "Allan Faqir" "Abida Parveen" Sufi music.....
I also like too much....SUFI TURKISH MUSICS...they are not Songs.........they are combination of Nafari & Duff & else
My view about sufi music is that....they are LOW PROFILE (not violent) music that music pacify your inner soul instead of provoking someone to go violent (out of senses)

You are right....
Music is haram except for one instrument that Hazrat MUHAMMAD SAW allowed and also the poetry that young ladies were singing were not related to opposite sex poetry related to male and female is haram in Islam I mean romantic poetry

I dont do Nawafil...only fardh which is the important bit...but in ramadan I try the sunnah tarawih (some Mullahs do say tarawih is fardh for men)
Not Fardh Nafal and as for Sunnah with 5 prayers they are basically nafals too but good we offer them because on day of judgement Salah would be judged first and if their is some lack in obligatory prayer ALLAH would say look if the person has some volunteer prayers although ALLAH knows but to make sure Man also knows what is going on he would ask

Not Fardh Nafal and as for Sunnah with 5 prayers they are basically nafals too but good we offer them because on day of judgement Salah would be judged first and if their is some lack in obligatory prayer ALLAH would say look if the person has some volunteer prayers although ALLAH knows but to make sure Man also knows what is going on he would ask
I am aware hence I try at least to make my Fardh available ...if my fardh itself is not strong how will my sunnah or nawafil be strong?

Now that these numerous Ahaadith in which Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) severely condemns music and singing has dawned on those who lacked awareness, there cannot be a Muslim with a healthy Imaan who will still believe in the permissibility of the voice of shaitaan.
There are two sides...One say Halal in some way, other say No Way OUT.........o_O

I am aware hence I try at least to make my Fardh available ...if my fardh itself is not strong how will my sunnah or nawafil be strong?
At least together they will cover things up

There are two sides...One say Halal in some way, other say No Way OUT.........o_O
For that the rule is also simple stay of those things which are let say in between or not very clear

Iam not Profound in any way to comment that sensitive HADEES TOPICS.......We need an Expert here....from both sides

Back
Top Bottom