What's new

Sufi singers under assault in Bangladesh

I rather have sufis then wahabis who only know how to bomb themselves killing others in the process. Sufism is great if you actually understand it.

Leave Wahabi and tell me about Sufism with respect Islam according to Qur'an and Sunnah.

I marvel at the manner in how Al Zakira exhibit the dexterous manner how the Artful Dodger could manoeuvre the alleys and by lanes.

It is extraordinary how he wants to justify his lack of knowledge of Urdu, by claiming that Pakistanis are equally illiterate and dumb as far as Urdu goes!!

My interaction with Pakistanis have been that they are fluent in Urdu. But then, maybe I will be blamed by people of Al Zakira's ilk, that I mixed with only the educated Pakistanis.

If so, it is my good fortune to have done so, or else I would be befuddled with the Urdu displayed by Al Zakira's ilk!

The mental meandering with no positive mooring as displayed by Al Zakir is a fit case of a drowning man clutching straws!!

Ref. the underlined:
Fluency in spoken Urdu is not the sole preserve of educated Pakistanis. From my own experience, a man running a 'chai-ka-dukaan' or driving a taxi in Karachi can speak good Urdu. Just as a Tange-wala in Lucknow can.

Arundhuti Roy gains her fame from a single booker prize and numerous anti- govt and anti -industrialist stands.

After the Mumbai attacks she gained notoriety for linking the terrorist attacks with the Socio- economic conditions of the downtrodden in India , which lead to her criticism by even a free-thinker of the stature of Salman Rushdie .....Hardly the characteristics of a mature , literate personality.:tdown:

Leave Arundhati Roy aside, man.
She just happens to be a "goddess of the smallest thing" and "queen of a single best-selling book". Since she has done nothing substantial since then to make her suitable of being in the lime-light; now she has to run after controversies, just to get her '20 seconds' of fame.

This poor man Al Zakira does not understand how many people visit the Dargah of Ajmer Sharif, irrespective of religion.

All Pakistani Presidents and Prime Ministers who visit India, makes it a point to visit this Dargah.

That leaves those who feel Sufism to be out of step, are the people who are the real ones out of step with the world, let alone with any religion!!

Is Moeenuddin chisti bigger than Nabi(s.w.s). Can Chisti heal or fulfill anyone wish? Nauzubillah.

No doubt he was a true slave of din e Islam but they way people has been given him credit of healing power has gone into category of Shirk and Shirk is Haram in Islam.

Leave Arundhati Roy aside, man.
She just happens to be a "goddess of the smallest thing" and "queen of a single best-selling book". Since she has done nothing substantial since then to make her suitable of being in the lime-light; now she has to run after controversies, just to get her '20 seconds' of fame.

Whats the difference between Taslima Nasreen and the above post? Don't you people think that being a hypocrite is just lame?

Whats the difference between Taslima Nasreen and the above post? Don't you people think that being a hypocrite is just lame?

I can't say anything about Taslima Nasreen, since I've not read her works. And yes, she has not won the Booker Prize.
About Arundhati, I know about her past as well as the social set that she is part of now.

leave Wahabis aside for minute. Can any one point out about Shab e Barat or lailatul Barat in Quran? By the way, Shab e Barat is a Farsi words.

Quran clearly mention about lailatul qadr and there is no controversy about laitul qadr unlike shab e barat.

There is a narration in Tirmidhi.

Notwithstanding, are you stating that Shab e Barat is unIslamic and is not sanctioned by the religion and that is a pre Islamic pagan ritual?

Are you suggesting that the millions of Muslim of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan are indulging in non Islamic rituals?

If you are right, then could you explain as to why they celebrate Shab e Barat and how come the Maulavis have not interceded?

Is Moeenuddin chisti bigger than Nabi(s.w.s). Can Chisti heal or fulfill anyone wish? Nauzubillah.

No doubt he was a true slave of din e Islam but they way people has been given him credit of healing power has gone into category of Shirk and Shirk is Haram in Islam.

I can take you on on Islam without a problem since you appear to have a Wahabi line of approach to Islam.

However, I will not get baited to enter into the discourse since I can realise your disingenuous game plan.

As a starter, Taslima writes in Bengali and Arundhuti writes in English.

What has been said that is hypocritical.

And anyway, have you read their books?

Its sad............thts all i can say.

Indeed it is sad.

Here is a person, who wants to preach Wahabism and feels every other forms of Islam is not true.

Here is a man who knows no Bengali and claims to be a Bangladeshi.

Here is a man, who uses filthiest of language (as would one from the gutter) and claims to be a pious Muslim.

Here is a man, who writes broken Urdu and claims that Pakistanis also cannot speak or write Urdu as a justification to his infirmity.

In short, he condemns all to cover his deep insecurities.

If that is not sad, then what is?

There is a narration in Tirmidhi.

Notwithstanding, are you stating that Shab e Barat is unIslamic and is not sanctioned by the religion and that is a pre Islamic pagan ritual?

Are you suggesting that the millions of Muslim of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan are indulging in non Islamic rituals?

If you are right, then could you explain as to why they celebrate Shab e Barat and how come the Maulavis have not interceded?

Well my friend you are trying to show your islamic knowledge here without really knowing it. What you are talking about are Fesad (banglai jake jhogra fesad bole) and in hadith it was clearly predicted and mentioned. Thats why the remedy also given in Hadith. Regarding Shab - E - Barat there was a very weak hadith which mentioned about that night but not proven by cross witnesses. So some people do follow that Hadith and Shab - E - Barat is observed in many part of the world. There is no harm in praying to god in that particular night and ask for his mercy.

But as the modern Islamic scholars are trying to go to the basic of Islam and stick to only Quran and Hadith they try to discourage any addition to our religion which may could turn out to be Bedath (new addition to religion which is a sin). Its just to be extra carefull.

In most religion when people starts adding things to the religion which eventaully lead to a completely distorted new religion, which is what Islam discourage.
A good example is Hinduism and Christianity which are in current form are totally distorted.

See I ve read Lajja in english translated, unfortunately not able to get a copy of Dwikhondito before it was banned here ( in West Bengal ) , Believe its still not banned in Bangladesh. Arundhuti Roy writes fiction , she got her award for her literary skills.

Taslima portrays real life stories , she just depicts reality - based on research.The Sudhamoy family is based on several real life incidents, so its an inappropriate comparison.

Well my friend you are trying to show your islamic knowledge here without really knowing it. What you are talking about are Fesad (banglai jake jhogra fesad bole) and in hadith it was clearly predicted and mentioned. Thats why the remedy also given in Hadith. Regarding Shab - E - Barat there was a very weak hadith which mentioned about that night but not proven by cross witnesses. So some people do follow that Hadith and Shab - E - Barat is observed in many part of the world. There is no harm in praying to god in that particular night and ask for his mercy.

But as the modern Islamic scholars are trying to go to the basic of Islam and stick to only Quran and Hadith they try to discourage any addition to our religion which may could turn out to be Bedath (new addition to religion which is a sin). Its just to be extra carefull.

In most religion when people starts adding things to the religion which eventaully lead to a completely distorted new religion, which is what Islam discourage.
A good example is Hinduism and Christianity which are in current form are totally distorted.

I am aware it is Za’eef.

I am aware that the Qur’an ascribes the pre-eminence of Shab-e-Qad’r or Lailat-al-Qad’r.

“Verily we have sent it (The Qur’an) down in the night of Al-Qad’r (The Decree)... The night of Decree is better than a thousand months. Therein descend the angels and Ruh (the spirit) by Allah’s permission with all decrees.” (97:1-4)

As far as Hinduism or Christianity is concerned, nothing is added. It is just the interpretation is left to the individual. Hence, there is no pressure towards observing all and everything.

Personally, since I have not seen the Almighty, I will give way to what anyone wants to believe and not feel that they are wrong. After all, they are living their own lives and I really am not contributing to it and so who am I to interfere?

I believe that my equation with the Almighty is between the Almighty and me. I do find it uncomfortable to have a conduit to tell me what is right and what is wrong.

I am aware it is Za’eef.

I am aware that the Qur’an ascribes the pre-eminence of Shab-e-Qad’r or Lailat-al-Qad’r.

“Verily we have sent it (The Qur’an) down in the night of Al-Qad’r (The Decree)... The night of Decree is better than a thousand months. Therein descend the angels and Ruh (the spirit) by Allah’s permission with all decrees.” (97:1-4)

That is Shab-E-Qadr and not Shab-E-Barat. Those are completely two different night.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom